BEAU RYAN

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
alien

BEAU RYAN

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:27 pm

he is as bad as daniel fitzhenry! how is sam latu going for balmain ryde eastwood this year? i havent seen latu play that much but when i have he has normally been pretty good. surely he can do a better job than beau knows nothing. beau even almost stuffed up that last try. two hands

rant over, for now.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:31 pm

alien wrote:he is as bad as daniel fitzhenry! how is sam latu going for balmain ryde eastwood this year? i havent seen latu play that much but when i have he has normally been pretty good. surely he can do a better job than beau knows nothing. beau even almost stuffed up that last try. two hands

rant over, for now.
youre a hard man alien beau has done some good things the last 2 weeks(a few intercepts against newcastle and a match winning try today)imo he holds the wing spot until utai comes back then beau knows oranges.
Number 1 souffs hater

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:32 pm

Really ?

I thought he went OK. Would be hard for anyone to face up to the Beast, and he went alrite.

He's a great finisher, he didn't stuff up the last try, not many would be able to do it.

Not very good under the high ball, but he's alrite there as well.

Don't need a team full of superstars, gotta compromise.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:34 pm

I think watching Beau today he has some great qualities but the one area where he really struggles is catching the high ball - He needs to fix that or we need to do something better because other then that he is better then Brown but Brown can catch the high ball

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:34 pm

I thought he had the hardest gig in the game and came out sharing the points. I think his form is way in front of Brown at present

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:34 pm

I'd love to see either of the two wingers from the 20's given a go. Both Finau and Korobette have amazing potential, both skillful with lightning pace. I really think that pace is what our backline is missing at the moment.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

how many wingers stop Manu 1 on 1 inside 10m out when he has a head of steam up?

scores the match winner, then stops manu 1 on 1 inside the final 2 mins.

seems like u can't please some people

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:36 pm

Geez, I reckon you're being a bit harsh there, Alien. Sure, he makes a couple of mistakes each week, but honestly, who in the team doesn't?? He always gives his all, runs the ball back straight and hard and, despite your comment about nearly blowing the last try, he didn't! He has proven to be a pretty good finisher over the years, but that's just my opinion :)
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:37 pm

ANY other game, you might have had a point. But not today mate. He played extremely well against the biggest winger in the comp.

That tackle in the last minute, woah. Inspirational stuff. Good try as well, very tight corridor to get through and he did it perfectly. Had a very good game today.

I opened this thread looking to read a whole heap of praise tbh. Very surprised.

baku

Post by baku » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:39 pm

Whilst I wouldn't mind seeing Korobette getting a go, RYAN is doing alright. Doesn't deserve to get dropped. But when Utai and Lote come back.....decisions, decisions...I'd like to see Lote at FB, and two wingers from BROWN, UTAI, RYAN or maybe KOROBETTE...

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:39 pm

Beau if nothing else has a big heart, he really is a centre not a winger, put him in the centres and I think we`d be watching a pretty decent footballer, no superstar but very whole hearted.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:44 pm

What about the match winner the tackle on the BEAST 5 out thats commitment as Jack Gibson once said I'd take 13 like that any day!This is whats been missing in our side Beau nows commitment.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:46 pm

Utai will get caught out in defense nine times out ten when playing good sides. His defensive runs are good but to me Ryan has a better all round game.

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:48 pm

Beau Knows.....just being average!

I agree with you alien. Very average again tonight. I also understand he had a tough gig today but just like any other winger in the comp does when they face "The Beast" It still doesnt explain his woeful positional play and dreadfulness under the high ball. I think his try should have been scored by most NRL standard wingers, so no real glory for him there. I think his tackle at the end was really the only stand out play for him today after ANOTHER very average performance. Surely there must be other wingers in the depths that can have a crack instead of this bloke. With Lote and Utai fit, he shouldnt be in the team, so why not blood someone else?
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:49 pm

Not a brilliant winger, but he gives 110% and puts his body on the line, like his last tackle of the game.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:50 pm

Beau was alright... What game were you watching Alien? His tackle on the beast in the dying moments of the game was a beauty.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:54 pm

Vicious wrote:Beau if nothing else has a big heart, he really is a centre not a winger, put him in the centres and I think we`d be watching a pretty decent footballer, no superstar but very whole hearted.
I agree that his best position is centre because he wouldn't have to defend against as many high balls there. He would still only be a backup player there though. His defense was awful today. Missed tackles, out of position, terrible under the high ball. If Latu has been playing well for Balmain Ryde Eastwood this year then he needs to replace Beau Ryan in the 17.

Beau wasn't the only one who had a bad game though, so don't think I am blaming the bad team performance on him alone. The team wasn't switched on for most of the game. It's not a physical thing, it's a mental thing. Too many stupid mistakes in defense and attack. We were lucky again today. Lucky that someone kicking 90% conversions missed 4 conversions and also the Warriors stuffed up some big opportunities to score.

I am very happy that we got the 2 points though which I guess is all that matters this time of year.