BEAU RYAN

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
alien

Re: BEAU RYAN

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:55 pm

Snowy wrote:Beau was alright... What game were you watching Alien? His tackle on the beast in the dying moments of the game was a beauty.
that was good. that doesnt make up for the rest of the game

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:58 pm

Can't agree with you on today's performance, Alien. Beau made good yards, gave 100% and his finish in the corner was excellent. He is also the Tigers best try celebrator/hugger/backslapper. Every team has low cost spot fillers that don't whinge when they are overlooked and as long as his error rate is low, he is important to us.

Posted using RoarFEED

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:01 pm

alien wrote:
Snowy wrote:Beau was alright... What game were you watching Alien? His tackle on the beast in the dying moments of the game was a beauty.
that was good. that doesnt make up for the rest of the game

It was not his best performance I agree but he has to stay at least till Lote and Utai come back. Would love to see a young speedster come in Alien but it's just not gonna happen.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:03 pm

His tackle was a match winner...everything else is marginal first grade standard at best.
When was the last time he actually beat his opponent one on one...?
Im starting to think Brown is in the same category to be honest,& Moltzen adds little at centre,so were carrying a lot of passengers out there while Lote & Lawrence are out.There's still shortcomings even when they return.
One thing Ryan isnt doing these days is the high risk plays that never come off,so thats a plus
But the real plus is Benji who carries the attack of entire backline (except Ayshford )

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:05 pm

Beau could have a blinder and people on this forum would still bag him out for as something as petty as not tieing his laces up properly.

Beau was solid today, he's not great under the high ball but he rarely got a clean shot at the ball.
He put his body on the line in defence on more then one occasion trying to stop 'the beast', he came up with a couple of try saving moments and scored a nice try to win the game. He's undoubtably the most enthusiastic club man we have and in the current climate with a few players only going through the motions its fantastic to see someone giving it 100%

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:11 pm

Beau was good today. Made a couple of mistake but also scored a try and saved a try in the last minutes of the game. He deserves to keep his spot for now on that effort.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:17 pm

clontarfkid wrote:His tackle was a match winner...everything else is marginal first grade standard at best.
Im starting to think Brown is in the same category to be honest,& Moltzen adds little at centre,so were carrying a lot of passengers out there while Lote & Lawrence are out.There's still shortcomings even when they return.
One thing Ryan isnt doing these days is the high risk plays that never come off,so thats a plus
But the real plus is Benji who carries the attack of entire backline (except Ayshford )
Bet his opponent one on one ..I might be mistaken but DID he score a try and beat his opponent?

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:22 pm

Snake wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:His tackle was a match winner...everything else is marginal first grade standard at best.
Bet his opponent one on one ..I might be mistaken but DID he score a try and beat his opponent?
I think he was unmarked with an overlap & an open tryline, which as someone said earlier,any 1st grade winger wld finish off.
He went very very close to bouncing that ball
I never see him use his pace or a swerve to run around anyone,which is what wingers are supposed to do sometimes... thats my point Mrs Ryan

alien

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:26 pm

some of you people are easily pleased

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:31 pm

What didnt he sign your black and orange sign or something.Some people can never be pleased more like it.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:36 pm

Tigerdale wrote:how many wingers stop Manu 1 on 1 inside 10m out when he has a head of steam up?

scores the match winner, then stops manu 1 on 1 inside the final 2 mins.

seems like u can't please some people
Exactly.
I'm not going to read the rest of the replies, but c'mon Alien...
Beau had a good game and I suspect he will be a part of the team for a very long time.
No need to bag him out, he did well.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:36 pm

tiger4ever wrote:What didnt he sign your black and orange sign or something.Some people can never be pleased more like it.
i would be pleased if he is named in nsw cup next week. which black and orange sign are you talking about?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:58 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
Snake wrote:
I think he was unmarked with an overlap & an open tryline, which as someone said earlier,any 1st grade winger wld finish off.
He went very very close to bouncing that ball
I never see him use his pace or a swerve to run around anyone,which is what wingers are supposed to do sometimes... thats my point Mrs Ryan
Watch the replay again. Had a number of Warriors coming in cover, had to wait for the ball, and didn't bounce it. Good wingers try. Loved the way he kept pointing to the Tigers logo on his jumper too. The guy just loves being a Tiger. His stop on Manu was superb. Vatuvei went straight to ground - you could use that footage to demonstrate what putting your body on the line means.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't super but overall he was pretty solid and did some good things at the tail end of the game. He'll be a starting winger next week.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:41 pm

I agree with a lot of the sentiments. There are too many passengers, one of which is Beau Ryan. But he is the last passenger I'd drop. Keeps his spot ahead of Brown and Moltzen at this stage imo. Brown is just fodder when he isn't fullback. Moltzen offers NOTHING at centre and McKinnon has it over him in streets at fullback. At least Ryan loves the team and runs the ball back hard and often actually makes metres doing so. He has also experienced some of the most freakish bad luck on the footy field which actually imo tells me he's likely to be a more safe player in the future.

1. McKinnon
2. Tuqiri
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Utai

Is the best backline we have now. Utai proved his value while he was there. Ryan is a close runner up.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:23 am

Besides the try saver and the try (I know... pretty big positives) he is a passenger imho.

Once Utai or Lote are back... and with Simona showing some nice signs... I doubt he will be in the 17. Plus, with Lui (injured or whatever)... I think Miller will cement his spot in the side, Moltz will cover the util on the bench...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 1:07 am

I actually thought Beau was good today. A recall a few solid hit ups. Yes he struggled under the high ball, but so does just about every other back in our team.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 1:27 am

I have to agree Beau was good today - struggled under the high ball which really needs work he was like the opposite of Brown - who is generally good under the higthball but really doesen't bring anything else so if we have to choose I think Perhaps Beau over Brown and he can just spend his weeks leaping for contested high balls mayby mcKinnon who is great under the high ball can teach him

alien

Post by alien » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 1:41 am

I remember when Beau seemed to be ok under the high ball. I think it was during Hodgo's last year at the club. It seemed like Beau would be able to take over the fullback spot. I remember even Hodgo said that Beau should be the man who takes over the fullback spot when he leaves. I am disappointed because I know Beau can play better than what he is playing. Every player has bad games but Beau has way too many.