BEAU RYAN

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
alien

Re: BEAU RYAN

Post by alien » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:56 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Wingers preference in order and in the absence of under 20's players

Tiquiri
Brown
Ryan
Fitzhenry
Moodie
Play with 12
Gary bakerloo
Utai
Utai has probably been our second best winger this season.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:02 pm

happy tiger wrote:He was not the worst out there yesterday and deserves another chance . Still think he could be the answer at fullback if we don't resign Brown
The problem is he never looks comfortable under the high ball anymore which is why the Warriors kept bombing his wing. A winger needs to be good under the high ball. Yesterday one of the times he got in a good position but then ended up looking away from the football. Another time yesterday he didn't defuse a bomb and it ended up being a try to the Warriors. He is a better player than this but isn't playing as good as he is capable of.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:17 pm

He had some good moments and some very poor moments.

He will always be a handy third string and as long as that i how he is used within the squad, i can live with that.

Posted using RoarFEED

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:23 pm

alien wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:Wingers preference in order and in the absence of under 20's players

Tiquiri
Brown
Ryan
Fitzhenry
Moodie
Play with 12
Gary bakerloo
Utai
Utai has probably been our second best winger this season.
With ball in hand yes, all other facets no.

His performance defensively against the dragons was awful and confirmed all concerns about his signing.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm

alien wrote:
happy tiger wrote:He was not the worst out there yesterday and deserves another chance . Still think he could be the answer at fullback if we don't resign Brown
The problem is he never looks comfortable under the high ball anymore which is why the Warriors kept bombing his wing. A winger needs to be good under the high ball. Yesterday one of the times he got in a good position but then ended up looking away from the football. Another time yesterday he didn't defuse a bomb and it ended up being a try to the Warriors. He is a better player than this but isn't playing as good as he is capable of.
He is playing with the right tactics. I don't understand some people feel that the players need to leap for the ball. They boys always give it a good crack if it's in goal, but if you are outside the goal line, the best tactic is to let it come down and tackle the attacker when he catches it.

You don't want to be going up for a difficult catch and fumbling it for another set of 6 on your line.

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:43 pm

I could understand this thread being created on another occasion, but not on yesterdays performance. He did enough good things, to outweigh a couple of errors and easily outplayed Brown, who imho was just bloody awful. Yes there's better wingers out there, but at the moment Beau knows the starting side.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:46 pm

I have been at the head of the Ryan dislike wagon for a season or two now but I thought he played very well yesterday given the circumstances

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 2:07 pm

Anyone that was handed the position of right wing in that game was being handed a poisoned chalice.

Posted using RoarFEED
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:28 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Ryan is going very well......peeps baggin him have agendas that stop them reading his game!!
Simon - please there are no agendas on this forum.

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm not a fan of B Ryan... But Over the last 3 weeks he has been reasonably solid. and making some surprising meters. Hope he keeps it up!

alien

Post by alien » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:39 pm

tiger05 wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:Ryan is going very well......peeps baggin him have agendas that stop them reading his game!!
Simon - please there are no agendas on this forum.
Oh so now I have an agenda! :lol:

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 1:30 pm

i reckon if he did not have a gig on the footy show, he would not cop any of this criticism, a bit of tall poppy syndrome.
he is an adequate player, his d/h runs from our own line are underated, they dont look as good as a hard run from matt utai, but almost as effective, he always gets a good play the ball, and has good positional play.

not everyone in your squad is going straight to the hall of fame!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 1:48 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Anyone that was handed the position of right wing in that game was being handed a poisoned chalice.

Posted using RoarFEED
Yeah my hammy would of been twinging in the dressing room before the game CB

drummertim

Post by drummertim » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 1:53 pm

he is useless! they scored about three tries just fromkicking high to his wing, he almost stuffed upthe last try he is rubbish i'd bring tim somona in the centres and get rid og him altogether

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 2:02 pm

drummertim wrote:he is useless! they scored about three tries just fromkicking high to his wing, he almost stuffed upthe last try he is rubbish i'd bring tim somona in the centres and get rid og him altogether
He also scored the winning try and made a game saving tackle on Manu. I reckon he went well.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 3:49 pm

drummertim wrote:he is useless! they scored about three tries just fromkicking high to his wing, he almost stuffed upthe last try he is rubbish i'd bring tim somona in the centres and get rid og him altogether
Please have some balance. Scored the match winning try and saved a try by putting his body on the line to save the game for WT. I think credit where credit is due. He performed when it counted and therefore deserves to retain his spot.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

alien

Post by alien » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 4:07 pm

Goose wrote:i reckon if he did not have a gig on the footy show, he would not cop any of this criticism
i like him being on the footy show. he is a funny guy. as far as i know he does all of that stuff in his spare time. better him doing that in his spare time than drinking at the pub

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 4:40 pm

beau had a good solid game against the warriors. im still baffled to the constant posts on this forum in regards to the same 2-3 players getting sacked, dropped, lynched or worse. cant have a team of all benji marshalls and gareth ellis', its not how the salary cap works so people should get over it.