What's up with some of you people?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
Old Bluebag

What's up with some of you people?

Post by Old Bluebag » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:13 pm

What's up with some of you people? You've just witnessed a most remarkable comeback in which your/our team pulled off a Lazarus-like (I'm talking Biblical, Not Glen) resurrection and you're too biased against some players to enjoy it. There's one thread bagging Lui, another heaping merde on Beau Ryan, and the usual Moltzen critics raving on. It was a great win and all the boys are to be congratulated. Remember that Rugby League is a team game and everybody contributed. Why don't you sit back and enjoy the moment. Have a glass or two of warming red and bask in that glorious winning feeling?

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm

We are fans...we are never happy.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:19 pm

blue bag, i have something wrong with me. i love our team, but im a realist. forgive me. im so happy tonight
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

crystalpink74

Post by crystalpink74 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:29 pm

Old Bluebag wrote:What's up with some of you people? You've just witnessed a most remarkable comeback in which your/our team pulled off a Lazarus-like (I'm talking Biblical, Not Glen) resurrection and you're too biased against some players to enjoy it. There's one thread bagging Lui, another heaping merde on Beau Ryan, and the usual Moltzen critics raving on. It was a great win and all the boys are to be congratulated. Remember that Rugby League is a team game and everybody contributed. Why don't you sit back and enjoy the moment. Have a glass or two of warming red and bask in that glorious winning feeling?
I'm applauding you right now Old Bluebag, i was jumping around my house(in excitement), first with the radio call then even more when i watched the game. Can't wait to get to Leichardt next Sun. There's always gonna be mistakes in a game but how great is it to watch all the great plays ALL the boys make. GO TIGERS.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:37 pm

i find this annoying to, i watch the game i was so excited, i usally the footy with mates, but i watched by myself today, and wanted to talk about this great, the mrs was pretending to care, but clearly didn't get it, and i jump on here, and i read all this negative stuff!!

after a win like this i want to be able to make crazy statements like Benji the next immortal, Ayshford better than Inglis and rave about Ellis's flick pass and claim joey could not do that on his best day!

the game was so exciting, great win, it is wins like this that make those rubbish games all worthwhile!

alien

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:41 pm

Old Bluebag wrote:What's up with some of you people? You've just witnessed a most remarkable comeback in which your/our team pulled off a Lazarus-like (I'm talking Biblical, Not Glen) resurrection and you're too biased against some players to enjoy it. There's one thread bagging Lui, another heaping merde on Beau Ryan, and the usual Moltzen critics raving on. It was a great win and all the boys are to be congratulated. Remember that Rugby League is a team game and everybody contributed. Why don't you sit back and enjoy the moment. Have a glass or two of warming red and bask in that glorious winning feeling?
im happy with the 2 points (which i guess is all that matters really) but for most of the game they were terrible. i could probably do with a few drinks

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:45 pm

Its awesome to come back and win. I think most know we were lucky to come back and win. We need to play better then we are. I am happy and will always be proud to be a Tiger. Ill be even happier after a third win in a row against Storm next Sunday with a good performance.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:49 pm

stoked with the 2 points and we showed in that 20 minutes that the team has a lot of character and plenty of skill

HOWEVER the first 60 was diabolical and it was only a very rare off day with the boot by maloney that kept us in it. we did everything we normally do in a loss. drop off tackles, allow offloads, poor kicks, poor kick chase. the try from the bomb that ryan dropped was disgusting. same as mcmanus's try last week there was a loose ball over the tryline and twice as many opposition players as tigers. we have no urgency. when the bomb went up our whole right side just stood there and watched. if we showed any sort of urgency we would have stopped that try easily.

personally i got more out of the dragons lose then i did this game, it just highlighted our insufficiencies

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:55 pm

Im not bagging anything only myself for giving us no chance to win at 22-4!

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:01 pm

I cant see how the first 60 minutes was diabolical Fergie. There wasn't much between the sides in the first half (recall stupid irrelevant push in the back costing us a try and Fulton literally one inch short of scoring). They killed us with their short passing around the ruck for about 15 minutes in the second admittedly but that was the only period they dominated.

Put me down for a glass half full after this one.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:31 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:I cant see how the first 60 minutes was diabolical Fergie. There wasn't much between the sides in the first half (recall stupid irrelevant push in the back costing us a try and Fulton literally one inch short of scoring). They killed us with their short passing around the ruck for about 15 minutes in the second admittedly but that was the only period they dominated.

Put me down for a glass half full after this one.
Agree wholeheartedly PP. I asked on another thread why so many people thought that we played bad for most of the match. I reckon we were pretty darn good for all but that 15 when the big NZ forwards got a bit of a roll on. The teams were very evenly matched in the first half and we were clearly the stronger and fitter team in the end. All this after a tough golden point win on Monday night, having to travel to NZ and major inury problems on top. I'm enjoying the win, Old Bluebag - awesome effort if you ask me.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:42 pm

sometimes i think tigers fans are the worst in the comp, theyre so fickle. dont know if its the merger issue and people holding grudges still but what i hear and see at the games sometimes from the fans is pretty crap.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:25 am

I thought our goal line and scramble defense was brilliant.

However, our defense further up the field was poor and as always our ability to stop offloads is simply non-existent.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:31 am

We were the better side for probably 55 minutes and they were the better side for the other 25 . Our problem is we struggle to limit the damage when the opposition is on top of us . That's what the top sides do . They absorb the pressure and when they get a turnover they punish the other side . Thats what we need to aim at EVERY week

Easy Tiger.

Post by Easy Tiger. » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 2:13 pm

only we could of done a comeback like that yesterday.......still shocked but you know we always come back ....YEAH..
NO 1 QLD TIGERS SUPPORTER.....

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:44 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:sometimes i think tigers fans are the worst in the comp, theyre so fickle. dont know if its the merger issue and people holding grudges still but what i hear and see at the games sometimes from the fans is pretty crap.
might have something to do with Balmain fans have made the finals 2 times in 21 years and magpies fans about 4 times

not much success can do that to fans in thinking negative all the time when its rare for good things to happen

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:58 pm

If you're happy with playing well for 20 and garbage for 60 then I guess you're satisfied. If the last 20 was our first 20 I bet you would be singing a different tune as well.

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 9:04 am

Everyone is saying our first 60 minutes were terrible but i watched the game again yesterday and we actually were not that bad. our defence was ok bar that 5 minutes that they raced in 2 tries we just didnt have much quality ball and when we did get a bit of posession we blew them away. i am never happy when we play really badly but cant bring myself to bag the players to much. everyone has a right to be unhappy with a team performance bur Geez some of the people on here are a bit over the top!!!