ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
benji_da_gun

Re: Round 14: Willow's match report

Post by benji_da_gun » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:05 am

jtigerman wrote:
willow wrote: I call it like I see it. He bombed a try with a push in the back and was barely sighted in attack. Defensively he was fine and he gets a pass mark of 50% as a result.
Unlike a few people here i actually agree with most of your ratings and comments (including Moltz's rating) but Moltzen didn't bomb a try with that push. If he hadn't of pushed him then the Warriors player would have gotten the ball. So he he likely bombed a line drop out and hence an opportunity for a try but it certainly can't be said he bombed a try due to the push.
Was going to say exactly the same thing!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:43 am

Nix wrote:
It's obvious that what happened is Lui went off and Moltzen moved to halfback. The game then came a live with the Benji and Moltzen combo instantly paying off.
This is absolutely hilarious! If you honestly think this is what happened then you aren't watching the same game as everyone else.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks Willow Thought Gibbsy had a pretty good game today with Ellis and Ayshford . Great report as usual

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:07 am

Your effort in writing these reports are certainly appreciated Willow especially when overseas you are a dedicated Weststigers supporter.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks Willow I am in full agreement with your summarisation of the match.Keep up the great work.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks Willow, your reports are always read with great interest. Much appreciated.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:10 pm

Goose wrote:every week you are way too harsh on moltzen, as if today he was equal worse player on the field!
he was fine today....
Not on my TV screen he wasn't.

bradexl

Post by bradexl » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:35 pm

Kickme wrote:I dont know wahat game you were watching and to take the stats of nrlstats site which is a load of rubbish. I feel you a to harsh and should keep your opinions to yourself. The thing about this forum they write the team off before the game is over and eat their words when they win.

:crazy Yeah Willow you are too harsh and next time keep your opinions to yourself :lol: :lol:
Next time you write up your match summary please only write what you think the majority want to hear, not what is on your heart and mind :lol: :lol:
Great report Willow....never read a bad one yet.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:53 pm

I like your reports Willow but think you're being kind to Lui - he got pulled of the field because he was having a shocker .... again.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:25 pm

Nix wrote:To only give Moltzen 5/10 you must be having a laugh ????
Yep. The Willow report has gone down hill in a major way over the last couple of weeks. Two of the worst performers over the past 2 weeks have been rated highly (Robbie last week and McKinnon this week) and Moltzen keeps copping it.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:08 pm

Im batting on your side willow.

Thankyou for your consistently good and fair reports.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:14 pm

Keep up the good work Willow.Your ratings are always fair even if i dont always agree with them as we have different points of view.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:30 pm

cktiger wrote:I like your reports Willow but think you're being kind to Lui - he got pulled of the field because he was having a shocker .... again.
Is that confirmed, or was he pulled because he had suffered and injury and couldn't shake it? Personally i think 5/10 was fair, yes he missed a few tackles once again, but he also set up the Tigers first try which counts towards something.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:33 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Yep. The Willow report has gone down hill in a major way over the last couple of weeks. Two of the worst performers over the past 2 weeks have been rated highly (Robbie last week and McKinnon this week) and Moltzen keeps copping it.
Moltzen was quiet and did nothing. McKinnon missed a few tackles but take a look at the rest of his stats...He was hardly poor. And given that Farah came up with 2 try assists and kicked the winning field goal in golden point extra time against Newcastle...well some people clearly have an agenda because the Tigers would not have won that game without Farah.

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:37 pm

tiger05 wrote:
You seriously think McKinnon was one of our worst performers out there today!!!! :roll

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 7:08 pm

willow wrote:
cktiger wrote:I like your reports Willow but think you're being kind to Lui - he got pulled of the field because he was having a shocker .... again.
Is that confirmed, or was he pulled because he had suffered and injury and couldn't shake it? Personally i think 5/10 was fair, yes he missed a few tackles once again, but he also set up the Tigers first try which counts towards something.
He didn't seem to be favouring it - looked as though he could still pass ok.
They might have put some " magic" spray on it that eventually wore off but I think it was his form - you have to admit he's had a real run of poor games.
The pass for the try wasn't anything out of the ordinary .
From memory Farah changed the direction quickly from dummy half to give him some time.
Allocating points is not an easy job and opens you up for criticism - but it also gives us something to talk about.
I'm happy for you to call it as you see it and let the rest of us discuss it from there.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 8:08 pm

No doubt Lui is not playing well overall. I like his passing game, he knows how to put a player through a gap and occasionally he'll sneak over close to the line himself, but yeah, his defence is terrible. He seemed to show improvement last year when Ellis came over to help him, maybe it was a psychological boost for him, i don't know, but he needs some help and needs to put his body into it more.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks for the great match report Willow. We won the match that's what is important- 2 in a row, lets hope we can keep up the good work