ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
tiger tigers

Re: Sheens without Benji = clueless

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:24 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
king sirro wrote:The sad thing is, i got the impression he dead set didnt give Miller a chance. Maybe im wrong, but it seemed he made Miller stay on the left and then decided to play all our attack on the right. When the game was gone it looked like Miller thought "stuff it", and he got himself involved and he looked ok. If your going to put a young guy in then give him free reign to do what he does best.

Im really tired of this left and right crap. Left centre, left backrower....and now we bloody have left and right halves....i cant believe it. These halves have come through the grades dominating all over the park, but once they get into first grade, they get told to stay on one side. I just dont get it.
100% correct.

Sheens "shackles" 95% of the players and insists on the forwards showing "no mongrel".

Benji and Robbie can do as they want, everyone else he's turned into robots that have to obey all his commands. It's why he never changes any of them. If you are "in" and follow his rule to the letter, you have a spot for life. That's the reward for giving up on any individuality and mongrel.
thats exactly why we need adam blair ....to instill some mongrel into the pack ..sheens has played favorites for years,thats why i wanted change .. sheens re signs so now he has to make the changes ....

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:27 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:
This thread is useless - he is signed up for 3 years so get used to it!
We signed Gibbs for three years also......................and Sheensy had no problem telling him "it was time to move on".

I've backed Sheens for a long time but mate, the time has come. He needs to look in the mirror and really ask if he's the right bloke for this club anymore. If he's honest, he'll say "no" and do the right thing.

We agreed and he agreed to move on if we failed to make the finals in 2010. Yet somehow being garbage in 2011 is acceptable?
Come on CNX, the critisism of Sheens tonight is harsh - and I am not much of a fan of him! We have plenty of players out against a desperate dogs team that were getting some quality players back. I didn't want him resigned, I wanted Folkes.

No-one posted these comments when we played poorly against Newcastle and Penrith but won! We have played badly all year bar the Canberra game. We are not a team in form, but we are blooding some good kids with potential. Sheens is good with the juniors. He has a contract so lets give him time to develop our classy Under 20's, and should he fail lets hope for a better option at contracts end - bu then Benji will probably head to the UK anyway.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:33 pm

I don't get why its Sheens fault.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:53 pm

tiger05 wrote:I don't get why its Sheens fault.
Its not just tonight mate. Its the past 4-5 years. He has produced didley squat in that time and people have had enough.

I'm starting to notice those who were pretty staunch defenders of his have turned as well.

The bloke is an awful coach who has failed for years and years to get the best out of his players.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:56 pm

stryker wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I don't get why its Sheens fault.
Its not just tonight mate. Its the past 4-5 years. He has produced didley squat in that time and people have had enough.

I'm starting to notice those who were pretty staunch defenders of his have turned as well.

The bloke is an awful coach who has failed for years and years to get the best out of his players.
This is the key post and Smurf needs to read it.

There's a reason we never produce any Origin players. This has been going on for years now. Take out a few good months where Benji was playing at Andrew John's level and we've been poor since 2005.

Jux

Post by Jux » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:16 am

Hagan without Joey and Stuart without Freddy are almost Bennett like compared to Sheens without Benji !

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 5:58 pm

the real concern is the same issues year-on-year:
- defence is inconsistent
- kicking game is below average
- forwards do not dominate
- interchange is wasted
- favourites retained blindly

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:19 pm

angeman wrote:the real concern is the same issues year-on-year:
- defence is inconsistent
- kicking game is below average
- forwards do not dominate
- interchange is wasted
- favourites retained blindly
So true mate. It's the same stuff year after year.

What really gets me angry though is the same players make the SAME mistakes.........surely a decent coaches job is to improve players? Teach them better lines to run? Get their minutes right? Have rotations that the players are expecting and prepared for? We have looked so clueless most of this season, it's like no one really knows what to do / what the game plan is?

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:34 pm

03- 13th with a slight improvement on the 2 years before a huge improvement off the field.....no bad press....and im sure loads of internal bikkering and players paid overs from previous years so cant be blamed for that.

04- 9th with a huge improvement on for and against and some good signings.....my opinion a very good year considering where we were.

05- premiers i dont think any other coach would have achieved this with us.....a life long dream for long suffering fans of both clubs.A debt that could never be paid so to speak.

06- 11th....2 wins out of 8 so it was a dissapointing year but considering the MASSIVE INJURY TOLL having to let go of some old hard heads cause of salary cap restrictions....It puts it into perspective

07- 9th only missed out on for and against.....once again we used alot more players compare to 05 due to injury....Not a bad year with a bit of luck we make it.

08- 10th fail

09- 9th missed out by 1 point

10- 3rd a very good year and with some luck should have made the big one.

11- in the 8

Now considering this club was a laughing stock on and off the field when he took over and he doesnt have a bottomles pitt of money.... i think hes done a great job.

We no longer lose players the club want to keep and we now sign quality players not just fringe first graders.

Just remember before sheens come along nobody wanted to coach us and now everyone would want to.

Hes a great coach and i honestly think he stays to loyal to his players which may be a fault but everytime he lets go of players most on here jump up and down.But not one player since leaving us has improved in any way.

Only melbourne ,manly dragons,have consistently made the finals....we know what melbourne did and dragons and manly have only won 1 grand final just likes us and thats what shows in the record books in 10 years when you look back.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:45 pm

But as I said in another thread its not just without Benji we were missing . You put Lawrence , Lote, Payten ,Utai and Dwyer on the field and we probably win that game . Would of given Robbie Farah ,Lui and Miller so many more options in attack . That where our issues were . Defence was pretty good again our one issue is our kicking game Its sets up everything . When we get in right we play well and usually win That is the major issue at the moment in my opinion Fix that and we can still win this comp

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:18 pm

I think you need to look at how Rugby League was refereed in 2005 and look at how it is refereed in 2011.
In 2005, if I remember correctly, it was all about getting the tacklers off the tackled player in a hurry. In the previous seasons, the Roosters (and others copied it)had been using the gang-tackle to slow down the opposition in possession, so they could get back into their defensive pattern. Sheens had the Tigers playing an up-beat tempo game using quicker, more agile forwards and the bigger opposition could not slow down the play, because of the refereeing style of the time. This was a big part of our win!
In 2011, I am sick of watching five players hold down the tackled player, while each tackler slowly peels off the player, one after the other. I watched both games tonight and the slowness of the play-the-ball is killing a lot of the attacking play. In fact, I heard a commentator quoting that the average points scored in the games to date in 2011 IS THE LOWEST SINCE 1994.
I do not think the Tigers have altered their game plans to reflect this change in the refereeing of the play-the-ball and the ruck in 2011.
I wonder, if we have the players, who will excell in the game as it is played in 2011. I think Farah's relatively poor season to date is in part due to the new game "style".
Rugby League is currently going through a boom. If the NRL do not get rid of Harrigan and (What's his offsiders name?) and get back to a refereeing style that promotes attacking, exciting football, the game will go back into the doldrums. I have turned off a lot of games this year, because it is becoming boring!