Fulton

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
sjtiger

Re: Fulton

Post by sjtiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 9:45 pm

Maybe Sheens wants him as a ball playing lock in 2012, hence his chat with Heighington.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 11:34 pm

"ball playing lock"....that position doesnt exist in the modern game. It was the fashion when strictly the only ball players in your team were 7 &6. These days most teams lock is another prop effectively. Look at our team, we have Lui, Miller, Moltzen, Marshall. Do we need another "ball player"? god no! We need guys that can belt it upfield.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:33 am

The guy was heavily concussed at the end of the game and he was the only player ready to chase a kick through from Farah when Moltzen scored. Admittedly he fell over after 5m, but if a concussed player can chase a kick, why couldn't other players?

I want him in my 17 every week. His stats of 40 odd tackles speak for themselves. Sure, he should not be taking hit ups from tap kicks, but he is the solid footballer that does a lot of work so players such as Dwyer can have their little moments of glory despite missing countless tackles.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 10:12 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:The guy was heavily concussed at the end of the game and he was the only player ready to chase a kick through from Farah when Moltzen scored. Admittedly he fell over after 5m, but if a concussed player can chase a kick, why couldn't other players?

I want him in my 17 every week. His stats of 40 odd tackles speak for themselves. Sure, he should not be taking hit ups from tap kicks, but he is the solid footballer that does a lot of work so players such as Dwyer can have their little moments of glory despite missing countless tackles.
Here here.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 10:14 am

For me its Heigno over Fults as our no 13.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 10:25 am

Fulton is actually one of, if not the best hole running forward the Tigers have. Problem is, when the Tigers get into an attacking formation it's a hitup from Galloway, Inside run from Hino, spin it wide to Ayshford, Hit up from fifita...20 minutes later, play the ball...spin it wide to Lawrence/Simona/Moltzen, boot..

I'm no coach, and there's likely a million factors I'm not considering- but when the likes of Fulton & Dwyer are on your team- and they are good hole runners- should they be used, at least once, per set of 6? I see Gareth Ellis playing wide a lot, but I suspect he's just as useful in tight.

Fulton is a good ballplaying lock, as has been mentioned before. He's Scott Hill-lite. I'm sure there are a few coaches that could make use of him- better than as a middle of the field battering ram.

I don't know- it just looks to me that the team doesn't use the weapons it has at it's disposal as well as they should...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 10:42 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:Fulton is actually one of, if not the best hole running forward the Tigers have. Problem is, when the Tigers get into an attacking formation it's a hitup from Galloway, Inside run from Hino, spin it wide to Ayshford, Hit up from fifita...20 minutes later, play the ball...spin it wide to Lawrence/Simona/Moltzen, boot..

I'm no coach, and there's likely a million factors I'm not considering- but when the likes of Fulton & Dwyer are on your team- and they are good hole runners- should they be used, at least once, per set of 6? I see Gareth Ellis playing wide a lot, but I suspect he's just as useful in tight.

Fulton is a good ballplaying lock, as has been mentioned before. He's Scott Hill-lite. I'm sure there are a few coaches that could make use of him- better than as a middle of the field battering ram.

I don't know- it just looks to me that the team doesn't use the weapons it has at it's disposal as well as they should...
There are some good points here regarding Fulton. I really like him as a player however when we need to ruck it out from our own end or when we need a big hit he will not provide this sort of stuff. He isn't a dirty type player. He is a skillful player with all the skills including hole running as you state. Within a team with great go forward he would fit right in.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Tue 28 Jun, 2011 1:00 am

Fulton and Dwyer should be fighting for the same spot with neither getting a start against Blair. Dwyer has age on his side but his effort is not enough for NRL. It's time to start asking questions.