ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
cunno

Re: Tim Sheens masterstroke

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:06 am

happy tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I was daydreaming of sticking it to Sheens.

"Tim, at any stage, when you have a fullback on the wing, a five-eighth playing fullback, a centre on the other wing, a backrower at centre, hooker at halfback, a halfback at hooker and a winger in the backrow, do you stop and think to yourself... am I doing it wrong?"
Quote of the year so far MacDougall LMFAO . But in all seriousness the way we should of played was the was the we finished . Miller hooker , Farah half and Lui five eight . How we expected to create anything we rookie halves and our only other attacking weapon playing hooker
Yes and the commentators agreed with you Happy. Not that I would necessarily back the commentators all that often but I agree with them this once, we had more in attack when Farah changed to a half role. Another thing I couldn't follow at the ground was when McKinnon let the second try in, Gibbs is replaced!! I'll have to look at the replay to see whether Gibbs did something wrong I thought at the time that he should have stayed on we needed his defence. I can't see the benefit in resting Heighno the bloke has been playing well in attack and defence and yet he spends time on the bench :crazy

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:11 am

sorry - but i cant agree with commentators - they dont invest into the team as much as we do - therefore are basically are talking out of their you know what. if we put farah at half we might as well put mckinnon at prop. He runs just as fast as one.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:12 am

tiger05 wrote:I'd going to bed but I will add that Sheens is a genius and we will win the comp this year or the next.
ha ha haaaa haaa haaa Oh thanks man I needed cheering up!!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:16 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:sorry - but i cant agree with commentators - they dont invest into the team as much as we do - therefore are basically are talking out of their you know what. if we put farah at half we might as well put mckinnon at prop. He runs just as fast as one.
AHX your joking aren't you The only time we looked dangerous was when Farah was 1st reciever in the 2nd half . How do you put two halves together that have rarely if ever played together and expect them to gel with maybe 3-4 training days and take apart a well organized defence .

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:25 am

can he kick goals, can he put up bombs and grubbers, can he get his fingers out of the pie? If he looked so good then lets see if he gets picked there next match. now i wont even talk about who will play hooker if farah plays half - thats a whole nuther can of worms. but i see your point - maybe he did good there, but thats not him. Mentally thats too much responsibilty for him - i dont believe he has that capacity for a permanant move there.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:26 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:sorry - but i cant agree with commentators - they dont invest into the team as much as we do - therefore are basically are talking out of their you know what. if we put farah at half we might as well put mckinnon at prop. He runs just as fast as one.
AHX it's Friday night, have you been into the ruou de :) Mckinnon at prop :!:

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:42 am

cunno wrote:
We played Beau Ryan in the backrow, it's not the most stupid thing this club has done.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:21 am

Sheens has lost the plot. backs running the first three tackles, forwards the next two then kick. Zzzzz....
We can defend or attack but not in the same game?! The ball should be spread every time Galloway plays the ball as he just rolls forward onto his front and sets us up for what? There's no speed or urgency and we are impotent as a result. I can't believe this can't be fixed.

Common theme : Galloway ayshford heighno Ellis Farah Benji good . The rest slow and lame. It's time to take out the trash starting with Sheens.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:24 am

Oh, and another thing! Notice how well Beau plays after being dropped? Maybe it will do Lui, Moltzen, and others the world of good!

alien

Post by alien » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:28 am

tiger05 wrote:Moltzen and Ryan are both 100 times the players that McKinnon is.
trolling again :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:41 am

Beau Ryan at lock would have so go down as the single dumbest move in the history of the game.

I'd love to see a Sheens lover try and defend that one.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:30 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:Thats a big call 05, I would have said only 89 times!
Sometimes I exaggerate to make a point. In this case I probably should have gone for the level that you've stated.

To everyone I apologize. I was wrong.
dont be so weak - you are entitled to your opinion
I was being sarcastic.
alien wrote:
No I'm serious. McKinnon is terrible.
stryker wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I'd going to bed but I will add that Sheens is a genius and we will win the comp this year or the next.
Back on topic - Sheens is a great coach but he is really struggling at the moment but it'd be hard for anyone.

1. You buy McKinnon as a proper fullback but he is too slow to be a first grader.
2. You recognize point 1 and you replace him with Moltzen who is struggling getting into top form and adapting to playing fullback.
3. You play Lui at 7 and persist with him but his form is really bad.
4. Your second best player/your captain is murdering overlaps on a regular basis. Choosing to ignore you best player when we are on the attack and to top it off isn't looking like a first grader on a regular basis.
5. Two of your best outside backs have significant injuries and the rest of them are slow as snails.

Lets face reality even the best readers of the game on this forum would struggle to fix things.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 8:13 am

tiger05 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Sometimes I exaggerate to make a point. In this case I probably should have gone for the level that you've stated.

I was being sarcastic.
alien wrote:

stryker wrote:
You do make one or two good points Tiger05 Sheens has basically backed himself into a corner with team selections . He will struggle to make changes at this stage of the season with our critical positions as it will take too long for those players to become accustomed to playing with each other and not losing games is getting to a critical stage imo . I think he has to stick with Lui now He will be better off with Benji beside him and his defence bar the bad defensive read which having since watched the footage again we were screwed anyway If he stayed out he would of been 1 on 1 with Pritchard with heaps of territory to move in . he just took too long to recognise this and needed to close it down earlier

Back on topic - Sheens is a great coach but he is really struggling at the moment but it'd be hard for anyone.

1. You buy McKinnon as a proper fullback but he is too slow to be a first grader.
2. You recognize point 1 and you replace him with Moltzen who is struggling getting into top form and adapting to playing fullback.
4. Your second best player/your captain is murdering overlaps on a regular basis. Choosing to ignore you best player when we are on the attack and to top it off isn't looking like a first grader on a regular basis.
5. Two of your best outside backs have significant injuries and the rest of them are slow as snails.

Lets face reality even the best readers of the game on this forum would struggle to fix things.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:05 am

I agree with you 05 in the point you make and that players have a responsibility to aim up to the coach giving them a go and showing faith in them. The players you have mentioned have been sadly lacking in that regard, although I can't put Farah in the same category as the others yet.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:08 am

Sataris wrote:
cunno wrote:
We played Beau Ryan in the backrow, it's not the most stupid thing this club has done.
I haven't seen the replay yet, was Gibbs on then? I remember him being replaced but that's it if he was still sitting on those nice sideline chairs when Ryan was in the backrow then that is not good, if Gibbs was on then maybe the decision had something to do with Dwyer being injured and being a forward down?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:41 am

stryker wrote:
lmfao ..x2

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:43 am

happy tiger wrote:
AHX your joking aren't you The only time we looked dangerous was when Farah was 1st reciever in the 2nd half . How do you put two halves together that have rarely if ever played together and expect them to gel with maybe 3-4 training days and take apart a well organized defence .
well i would start by playing the genuine half at half , and the genuine 5/8 at 5/8.. tell the half to play his natural game....is that so hard ???????

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:46 am

tiger05 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tiger05 wrote:

I was being sarcastic.
alien wrote:
stryker wrote:

sheens isnt a great coach ... he walked into the club who had found a freak named benji marshall....