ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
Nix

Re: McKinnon

Post by Nix » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:41 pm

Let McKinnon go to Hull early.

I thought Moltz did pretty good as FB after Hodgo left.

But with all the Hodgo lovers out there Moltz never really stood a chance to replace your hero.

I always called Hodgo Hoggo because he never passed the ball at crucial moments, rying to get the glory himself - U7 stuff.

Robbie's often the same.

Must be a captaincy thing.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:48 pm

Disappointed with Mckinnon today.
Yes, I know I'm judging on one game, but I still prefer Brown. He is the best fullback at the clum ATM IMO.

But Mckinnon, aargh, really disappointed.
He has so much experience, but to come up with those mistakes at such important time, frustrating.

Don't wanna rant, but IDK whose fault it is, but every bloody kick,
Hodkinson/ Keating found space, every bloody kick. The 40/20's by Cronk last week as well.
IDK how to play fullback, but are Mckinnon/ wingers not positioning themselves properly or the other team's kicking is just absolutely fantastic ?

Brown's support play is lacking, but I still reckon he is the best fullback at the club.
All he lacks is some support play and minor ballplaying skills.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:51 pm

Two errors by an experianced fullback

Posted using RoarFEED
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:03 pm

i rate Mckinnon and think he is our best FB option but tonite he wasnt running freely he looked very uncomfortable out there,he may be carrying some sort of injury that is troubling him,but if i can see it why didnt sheens? replace him

Give a mighty roar

Post by Give a mighty roar » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:07 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Consider it an admission that you have no idea about rugby league.
Mate after this post take your advice own advice
If you think Wade lost us this game your kidding yes he dropped the ball twice but there where plenty of useless plays before this

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:09 pm

Yeah Who didn't find touch again after a penalty Was it Lui ?? AHHHHHH

TIGERDAVIS

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:10 pm

Tiger99 wrote:Don't make McKinnon the scapegoat he had a bad night. He's allowed one everybody else has already had 2 this year. The best fullback we got still.

who is the other option for fullback? Moltzen??
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:29 pm

He's a better player than tonight which was one of the all time poor NRL performances. 2 dropped grubbers led to 2 tries, he didn't get close to a bomb (yes the post was a hassle but he totally misjudged where it would land) dropped another pass, and got hit in the face by another kick. The things was, he just seemed incapable of getting his hands in the right position - it was like he had double vision or drunk 10 schooners before kick off. I don't consider myself a troll and he others made errors but gee he was close to being the difference between the teams tonight and not in a good way.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:30 pm

mckinnon killed us tonight - bring in tedesco. we still have time.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:32 pm

Terrible, terrible game tonight. Cost us two tries and looked lethargic from the get go.

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:37 pm

tiger05 wrote:Can all the people that have rated McKinnon in the past please post on this thread.

Consider it an admission that you have no idea about rugby league.
Come out swinging why don't you Tiger05 :) Tonight's game was a critical one for the team, club, members, supporters and anyone else I've left out, yet McK's attitude just wasn't there, he had a shocker as many have pointed out in this thread it was very deflating to watch. I believe he is a much better player than tonight's performance but it was an important game to win and a professional footballer should treat his game accordingly.

Tiger Hill

Post by Tiger Hill » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:39 pm

McKinnon is sadly half the player he was. He knows how to position himself but his legs only allow him to do things at half pace. Bring in Jake Mullaney. We have nothing to lose. He can't be any worse than McKinnon and Moltzen should stay away from fullback and go to half. Lui has no confidence in attack or defense at the moment and the opposition knows it.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:42 pm

sorry cunno but ithink the guys time is up .....his hammy will tear as soon as he runs it hard and he is playing broken .....we owe him nothing so we should cut him loose early.....he wouldnt tie hodgos shoelaces.. even now ....yes th ... whats the problem with mullaney... he definately had what it takes in attack ...is his defence sheens major drama ....

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:46 pm

he is too slow time to go mate

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:35 am

Mitch Brown.

He was a star late last year.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:45 am

The posts above make good points about McK I'm not pushing his cause just want to point out that to be fair to the bloke he shouldn't be hung out to dry just on tonights performance, having said that, it is worth considering other options as he is injury prone. Moltzen doesn't seem to fit fullback at the moment, yes Brown played well there at the end of last year and I wonder whether Sheens would be willing to give Mullaney a go?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:17 am

happy tiger wrote:Yeah Who didn't find touch again after a penalty Was it Lui ?? AHHHHHH
no it was Miller.I can't think of a team who fails to find touch more from penalties than the tigers.I reckon its happened atleast 3 times this yr

benji_da_gun

Post by benji_da_gun » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:16 am

Everyone is harping on about Mckinnon's 2 mistakes last night. Yes, they were horrid, but they happen to all players at some point.

The problem I have with him, is his lack of general speed and strength. When the opposition kicks, he is slow to get to the ball and has absolutely no power in returning the ball. Usually he makes about 10 metres on the return, but is picked up and driven back 5 of those 10m. The same goes for when a winger fields a kick, Mckinnon takes it from dummy half on the next play, scrambles a few metres and then gets driven back because he can't evade the markers. It's so frustrating to watch! And yes, I will agree he is generally safe under the high ball. He also supports the forwards occasionally (although his lack of speed and a genuine step means we never score from these line breaks anyway).

I think we should give someone else a go. Someone with speed...someone with some strength.