McKinnon

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
Mark

Re: McKinnon

Post by Mark » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:52 pm

Brown dropped a pretty average bomb though... I'd like to see ryan...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:00 pm

Mark wrote:Brown dropped a pretty average bomb though... I'd like to see ryan...
Mark you aren't going to catch every bomb they throw up . The bombs of today are much harder as these guys can make he ball do anything these days . Agree Brown or Beau are the best options for 2012 imo But I reckon they will pick Moltzen and it will be interesting to see what everyone says next season . When the "Gee , I wish Mackinnon was still here " comments flood the forum from all and sundry next season some on here will have to eat a piece of their own humble pie about their comments about how bad macKinnon is\was .

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:02 pm

Glennb wrote:It is frustrating watching Sheens determination to make Moltzen a fullback. He is just NOT a fullback, he has no idea positionally. I felt sorry for McKinnon a couplle of times last night when they kicked to Moltzen abd he was so far out of position, McKinnon had to come around from the wing and clean up the ball IN FRONT OF Moltzen who is still struggling to get into position. Must have been humiliating to have to clean up for the guy who has been moved into your position.

If not McKinnon, Brown is CLEARLY the best fullback available.
There was a moment the other night in the final minutes where Moltzen was involved in a tackle on the line. The next tackle the Dogs put in a grubber which Moltzen attacked and picked the ball up. It was great play positional wise and he attacked the ball. I have seen him does this a couple of times and its plays like that which Sheens would think his a chance to be a class fullback.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:23 pm

Allan Towle wrote:
Glennb wrote:It is frustrating watching Sheens determination to make Moltzen a fullback. He is just NOT a fullback, he has no idea positionally. I felt sorry for McKinnon a couplle of times last night when they kicked to Moltzen abd he was so far out of position, McKinnon had to come around from the wing and clean up the ball IN FRONT OF Moltzen who is still struggling to get into position. Must have been humiliating to have to clean up for the guy who has been moved into your position.

There was a moment the other night in the final minutes where Moltzen was involved in a tackle on the line. The next tackle the Dogs put in a grubber which Moltzen attacked and picked the ball up. It was great play positional wise and he attacked the ball. I have seen him does this a couple of times and its plays like that which Sheens would think his a chance to be a class fullback.
and yet he cant get in correct position for a standard kick on the 5th?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mark wrote:Brown dropped a pretty average bomb though... I'd like to see ryan...
Mark you aren't going to catch every bomb they throw up . The bombs of today are much harder as these guys can make he ball do anything these days . Agree Brown or Beau are the best options for 2012 imo But I reckon they will pick Moltzen and it will be interesting to see what everyone says next season . When the "Gee , I wish Mackinnon was still here " comments flood the forum from all and sundry next season some on here will have to eat a piece of their own humble pie about their comments about how bad macKinnon is\was .
Every bomb? I'd settle for a majority. Our bomb defusal record is awful. I agree the Moltzen will be first choice next year. He's certainly capable but gee it would be nice if he ran the ball back every now and then instead of passing it 30m every time.

As for McKinnon, as I said before he is a lot better than last night but his performance was an absolute stinker. I was watching the game with a Dogs fan and he even he was embarrassed by his performance.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:28 pm

Glennb wrote:
Allan Towle wrote:

and yet he cant get in correct position for a standard kick on the 5th?
To be fair, their kicking game was pretty good all night.

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 12:31 pm

Do you think that he may have trouble bending over to the ball on the ground because of his dodgy hamstrings??? thoughts??? i think that canterbury may have been targeting him due to this???

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 12:56 pm

Hes a good FB, Just had a really bad night

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 2:35 pm

you know who wrote:Do you think that he may have trouble bending over to the ball on the ground because of his dodgy hamstrings??? thoughts??? i think that canterbury may have been targeting him due to this???
If that's the case he should never have gone out there and he's partly to blame for that. Personally it looked like his timing was hopelessly out of sync.

sameulcon

Post by sameulcon » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 3:19 pm

He was constantly out of position all night and took an age to the get to the ball. He was so slow. Surely Sheens has watched enough football to never pick him again.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 7:04 pm

sameulcon wrote:He was constantly out of position all night and took an age to the get to the ball. He was so slow. Surely Sheens has watched enough football to never pick him again.
I doubt it. Plenty of posters here are still backing him up. Sheens is usually slower than most posters on here.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 7:15 pm

His our only option at the moment noone else is standing up, I thought Brown on the back of last year but his play has been average this year

alien

Post by alien » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:38 pm

tiger05 wrote:Can all the people that have rated McKinnon in the past please post on this thread.

Consider it an admission that you have no idea about rugby league.
That sounds funny coming from you.

McKinnon had an awful game but he normally plays alot better than that and he is a better fullback than Moltzen. I wouldn't mind if Brown got another go at fullback. Brown went ok at fullback towards the end of last year.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:45 pm

alien wrote:
tiger05 wrote:Can all the people that have rated McKinnon in the past please post on this thread.

McKinnon had an awful game but he normally plays alot better than that and he is a better fullback than Moltzen. I wouldn't mind if Brown got another go at fullback. Brown went ok at fullback towards the end of last year.
It wasn't a joke and why do I get the impression you are agreeing with me.

slacko

Post by slacko » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:52 pm

I think I liked him at the warriors, he wasn't too bad there.

Posted using RoarFEED
eternal optimist.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:53 pm

Tiger99 wrote:Tiger05 your opinion is purely based on your love for having Moltzen in the team.
Yeah but you would think that he would want Moltzen at halfback. That would atleast make sense.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:54 pm

tiger05 wrote:
alien wrote:

It wasn't a joke and why do I get the impression you are agreeing with me.
I do agree that he had a bad game but he normally doesn't play like he did against the Bulldogs.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2011 12:00 am

The difference between hindsight and foresight hey Mr. 48%??
And just to think how much Gallant ONLY asked for to stay, yet you forced him out of the club to dish up this sort of rubbish.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"