The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
hadds75

The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Post by hadds75 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:32 pm

Find me a worse 1-7 in the competition.

McKinnon is the worst fullback in the NRL (find me a worse one).
Ryan played and Mitch Brown tried hard tonight, but are nothing more than stop gap wingers. Find me a worse winger combination in the comp.
Lui is the worst halfback in the nrl, find me a worse one.

Ayshford is ok, but needs the right players around him. Howevers IS STILL NOT the player the forum thinks he is (NSW rep - come off it)
Simona , young, MAY be ok in the future, hes hungry cause hes young.
Miller, as above - MAY be ok in the future, wouldnt be calling him a future star yet (which alot of the forum has already said).

Yes weve got players out but saints and melbourne had players ot two weeks ago and there backup backs were better than these guys.

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:35 pm

hadds75 wrote:McKinnon is the worst fullback in the NRL (find me a worse one).
Moltzen?

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:39 pm

You gotta be kidding me...
McKinnon had a bad game but usually is decent, bit over the hill but decent MOST OF THE TIME.
Ryan & Brown are SOLID and did fairly well tonight.
Ayshford is good, him moving into the forwards can't come soon enough.
SIMONA & MILLER are both awesome & are defending brilliantly for rookies.
Lui however, I don't know where his head is at... He's been consistently bad this year.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:40 pm

Agreed. Benji aside it is just pathetic at the moment. But!

1. Ryan/Brown/McKinnon
2. Tuqiri
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Utai
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

That backline would do well.

However.

1. McKinnon
2. Tuqiri
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Lui

Is what we will see at full strength. Moltzen might usurp McKinnon after todays effort.
Last edited by MacDougall on Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:40 pm

they were very ordinary tonight but we are NOT generally ineffective

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:42 pm

We are just not the team a lot of us thought we might be. Yes McKinnon made 2 mistakes tonight that led to tries but that's not where we lost the match. We we're very average across the park. Once again Galloway and Ellis can hold their heads high and Heighington in patches, but that's it. I have no doubt now that our season is gone. Even before tonight I was hoping to finish the regula season in or arounf 5 or 6 on the laddeer and just see what happens in the finals but I think even that's now a dream. We just can't match it with anyone week in week out. Did anyone see one sweeping bacline movement tonight ? I have yet to see one, and that's how we used to score the vast majority of our points. We showed nothing tonight and I'm afraid we're only going to see much more of, well, nothing for the rest of the season. Yes we'll be teased every odd week with a rare win but that's all it will be. That's how it is people, another season of so much promise yet very little delivery.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:47 pm

Demps wrote: You gotta be kidding me...
No
Demps wrote: McKinnon had a bad game but usually is decent, bit over the hill but decent MOST OF THE TIME.
yes hes usually decent but seriously find me a worse fullback in the comp. Wesser maybe? Hes past it. Every other team uses there fullback as a danger weapon in attack. Do We?
Demps wrote: Ryan & Brown are SOLID and did fairly well tonight.
Solid is the best word to describe our wingers. Thats not a good thing. Unless they are put over the line they cant score. They get in and have a go but seriously, tehy are STOP GAP wingers at best. I like brown in alot of ways, but he was put over the line twice last week and couldnt finish it
Demps wrote: You gotta be kidding me...

SIMONA & MILLER are both awesome & are defending brilliantly for rookies.
I think you should come down with the awesome comments. If theyve both been awesome in there first grade careers so far ill give it away. Theyve chimed in and done nothing wrong, thats it.

armchair expert

Post by armchair expert » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:00 pm

yeah no your right we should of had stars playing reserve grade to replace lote lawrence utai and benji when they got injured, what was sheens thinking geez.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:02 pm

injuries have killed us this year, without lawrence and lote we're no real backline.

derailed

Post by derailed » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:07 pm

The backline didn't even get the chance to play tonight. We were happy to plan in the middle of the field, hit it up type stuff. It just seemed like it was a training run out there

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:18 am

hasnt anyone told the guy who put this thread up that we have injuries in the backline. where is the yawn icon because thats where this thread belongs.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:20 am

hadds75 wrote:Find me a worse 1-7 in the competition.

McKinnon is the worst fullback in the NRL (find me a worse one).
Ryan played and Mitch Brown tried hard tonight, but are nothing more than stop gap wingers. Find me a worse winger combination in the comp.
Lui is the worst halfback in the nrl, find me a worse one.

Ayshford is ok, but needs the right players around him. Howevers IS STILL NOT the player the forum thinks he is (NSW rep - come off it)
Simona , young, MAY be ok in the future, hes hungry cause hes young.
Miller, as above - MAY be ok in the future, wouldnt be calling him a future star yet (which alot of the forum has already said).

Yes weve got players out but saints and melbourne had players ot two weeks ago and there backup backs were better than these guys.
Moltzen if that who your replacement is

alien

Post by alien » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:27 am

ayshford is really good sometimes and should stay in the centres. our backline will obviously be alot better when we get our 3 internationals back lote, lawrence and benji, and maybe even utai. time for moltzen to play halfback again i think

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:42 am

I wouldn't say worse... definitely the slowest which makes it as you said one of the most ineffective..

1. McKinnon
He's safe, runs it back straight and excellent in defence (excluding last night). But has NO pace. Can't play FB and be slow. I think we don't have a suitable replacement though, so it looks like he might have the position by default to be honest

2. Ryan
Worst winger in the history of the game... lets move on

3. Ayshford
Our ONLY go forward in the backline. I see it this way... you either have pace or strength. Ayshford's strength is uncanny! The only outside back in my opinion who I WOULDN'T replace with anyone.

4. Simona
Young and fresh, can't judge him to much, what I have seen I like. I think he might be a suprise packet for us tbh. But at the moment, not offering much (not really expected though)

5. Brown
Does nothing... he is like water. If he was a colour... he'd be beige.

Then move onto our halves... well.. minus Benji.. we have NO threatening back besides Ayshford...

The only thing calming me... is that Lote and Lawry are back soon, as is Utai...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:01 pm

Kaiser wrote:I wouldn't say worse... definitely the slowest which makes it as you said one of the most ineffective..

1. McKinnon
He's safe, runs it back straight and excellent in defence (excluding last night). But has NO pace. Can't play FB and be slow. I think we don't have a suitable replacement though, so it looks like he might have the position by default to be honest

2. Ryan
Worst winger in the history of the game... lets move on

3. Ayshford
Our ONLY go forward in the backline. I see it this way... you either have pace or strength. Ayshford's strength is uncanny! The only outside back in my opinion who I WOULDN'T replace with anyone.

4. Simona
Young and fresh, can't judge him to much, what I have seen I like. I think he might be a suprise packet for us tbh. But at the moment, not offering much (not really expected though)

5. Brown
Does nothing... he is like water. If he was a colour... he'd be beige.

Then move onto our halves... well.. minus Benji.. we have NO threatening back besides Ayshford...

The only thing calming me... is that Lote and Lawry are back soon, as is Utai...

loved the brown comment - he is beige!