Page 1 of 1

The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:32 pm
by hadds75
Find me a worse 1-7 in the competition.

McKinnon is the worst fullback in the NRL (find me a worse one).
Ryan played and Mitch Brown tried hard tonight, but are nothing more than stop gap wingers. Find me a worse winger combination in the comp.
Lui is the worst halfback in the nrl, find me a worse one.

Ayshford is ok, but needs the right players around him. Howevers IS STILL NOT the player the forum thinks he is (NSW rep - come off it)
Simona , young, MAY be ok in the future, hes hungry cause hes young.
Miller, as above - MAY be ok in the future, wouldnt be calling him a future star yet (which alot of the forum has already said).

Yes weve got players out but saints and melbourne had players ot two weeks ago and there backup backs were better than these guys.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:35 pm
by shiretiger
hadds75 wrote:McKinnon is the worst fullback in the NRL (find me a worse one).
Moltzen?

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:39 pm
by Demps
You gotta be kidding me...
McKinnon had a bad game but usually is decent, bit over the hill but decent MOST OF THE TIME.
Ryan & Brown are SOLID and did fairly well tonight.
Ayshford is good, him moving into the forwards can't come soon enough.
SIMONA & MILLER are both awesome & are defending brilliantly for rookies.
Lui however, I don't know where his head is at... He's been consistently bad this year.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:40 pm
by MacDougall
Agreed. Benji aside it is just pathetic at the moment. But!

1. Ryan/Brown/McKinnon
2. Tuqiri
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Utai
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

That backline would do well.

However.

1. McKinnon
2. Tuqiri
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Lui

Is what we will see at full strength. Moltzen might usurp McKinnon after todays effort.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:40 pm
by tigers05
they were very ordinary tonight but we are NOT generally ineffective

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:42 pm
by The Shiraz Tiger
We are just not the team a lot of us thought we might be. Yes McKinnon made 2 mistakes tonight that led to tries but that's not where we lost the match. We we're very average across the park. Once again Galloway and Ellis can hold their heads high and Heighington in patches, but that's it. I have no doubt now that our season is gone. Even before tonight I was hoping to finish the regula season in or arounf 5 or 6 on the laddeer and just see what happens in the finals but I think even that's now a dream. We just can't match it with anyone week in week out. Did anyone see one sweeping bacline movement tonight ? I have yet to see one, and that's how we used to score the vast majority of our points. We showed nothing tonight and I'm afraid we're only going to see much more of, well, nothing for the rest of the season. Yes we'll be teased every odd week with a rare win but that's all it will be. That's how it is people, another season of so much promise yet very little delivery.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:47 pm
by hadds75
Demps wrote: You gotta be kidding me...
No
Demps wrote: McKinnon had a bad game but usually is decent, bit over the hill but decent MOST OF THE TIME.
yes hes usually decent but seriously find me a worse fullback in the comp. Wesser maybe? Hes past it. Every other team uses there fullback as a danger weapon in attack. Do We?
Demps wrote: Ryan & Brown are SOLID and did fairly well tonight.
Solid is the best word to describe our wingers. Thats not a good thing. Unless they are put over the line they cant score. They get in and have a go but seriously, tehy are STOP GAP wingers at best. I like brown in alot of ways, but he was put over the line twice last week and couldnt finish it
Demps wrote: You gotta be kidding me...

SIMONA & MILLER are both awesome & are defending brilliantly for rookies.
I think you should come down with the awesome comments. If theyve both been awesome in there first grade careers so far ill give it away. Theyve chimed in and done nothing wrong, thats it.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:00 pm
by armchair expert
yeah no your right we should of had stars playing reserve grade to replace lote lawrence utai and benji when they got injured, what was sheens thinking geez.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:02 pm
by glebe_tiger
injuries have killed us this year, without lawrence and lote we're no real backline.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:07 pm
by derailed
The backline didn't even get the chance to play tonight. We were happy to plan in the middle of the field, hit it up type stuff. It just seemed like it was a training run out there

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:18 am
by AmericanHistoryX
hasnt anyone told the guy who put this thread up that we have injuries in the backline. where is the yawn icon because thats where this thread belongs.

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:20 am
by happy tiger
hadds75 wrote:Find me a worse 1-7 in the competition.

McKinnon is the worst fullback in the NRL (find me a worse one).
Ryan played and Mitch Brown tried hard tonight, but are nothing more than stop gap wingers. Find me a worse winger combination in the comp.
Lui is the worst halfback in the nrl, find me a worse one.

Ayshford is ok, but needs the right players around him. Howevers IS STILL NOT the player the forum thinks he is (NSW rep - come off it)
Simona , young, MAY be ok in the future, hes hungry cause hes young.
Miller, as above - MAY be ok in the future, wouldnt be calling him a future star yet (which alot of the forum has already said).

Yes weve got players out but saints and melbourne had players ot two weeks ago and there backup backs were better than these guys.
Moltzen if that who your replacement is

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:27 am
by alien
ayshford is really good sometimes and should stay in the centres. our backline will obviously be alot better when we get our 3 internationals back lote, lawrence and benji, and maybe even utai. time for moltzen to play halfback again i think

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:42 am
by AndTheKungFoSing
I wouldn't say worse... definitely the slowest which makes it as you said one of the most ineffective..

1. McKinnon
He's safe, runs it back straight and excellent in defence (excluding last night). But has NO pace. Can't play FB and be slow. I think we don't have a suitable replacement though, so it looks like he might have the position by default to be honest

2. Ryan
Worst winger in the history of the game... lets move on

3. Ayshford
Our ONLY go forward in the backline. I see it this way... you either have pace or strength. Ayshford's strength is uncanny! The only outside back in my opinion who I WOULDN'T replace with anyone.

4. Simona
Young and fresh, can't judge him to much, what I have seen I like. I think he might be a suprise packet for us tbh. But at the moment, not offering much (not really expected though)

5. Brown
Does nothing... he is like water. If he was a colour... he'd be beige.

Then move onto our halves... well.. minus Benji.. we have NO threatening back besides Ayshford...

The only thing calming me... is that Lote and Lawry are back soon, as is Utai...

Re: The most ineffective backline in the NRL.

Posted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:01 pm
by angeman
Kaiser wrote:I wouldn't say worse... definitely the slowest which makes it as you said one of the most ineffective..

1. McKinnon
He's safe, runs it back straight and excellent in defence (excluding last night). But has NO pace. Can't play FB and be slow. I think we don't have a suitable replacement though, so it looks like he might have the position by default to be honest

2. Ryan
Worst winger in the history of the game... lets move on

3. Ayshford
Our ONLY go forward in the backline. I see it this way... you either have pace or strength. Ayshford's strength is uncanny! The only outside back in my opinion who I WOULDN'T replace with anyone.

4. Simona
Young and fresh, can't judge him to much, what I have seen I like. I think he might be a suprise packet for us tbh. But at the moment, not offering much (not really expected though)

5. Brown
Does nothing... he is like water. If he was a colour... he'd be beige.

Then move onto our halves... well.. minus Benji.. we have NO threatening back besides Ayshford...

The only thing calming me... is that Lote and Lawry are back soon, as is Utai...

loved the brown comment - he is beige!