Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
mc1991

Re: pretty proud of the effort

Post by mc1991 » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 12:35 am

No Marshall
No Lawrence
No Utai
No Tuqiri

I was very happy with how we defended but in attack Lui was pathetic, I hardly saw Moltzen when he was on, it was like they refused to let Miller get the ball, and maybe, just maybe, Robbie Farah had a lot of expectation on him..

I wish Robbie stayed at first receiver he could've done some serious damage in attack earlier on..

If Robbie was to play half who would play hooker? Anyone?

Posted using RoarFEED

krayola

Post by krayola » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 2:16 am

The first 40 was alright. We are starting to really hit form defensively and after 40 I thought we were a shot.

Yeah, we had barely threatened the line, but I thought perhaps after a break and some insight from the coach, the attack might loosen up a little.

Instead, 30 pathetic, embarrassing minutes follow.
Lui is hopelessly out of form. On 57 minutes runs towards the right sideline, his first real attempt to take on the line all night, on the 5th tackle, creates no overlap, then throws a ball to his centre / wing? I couldn't tell. It landed between both of them and cut-out no defender. And did he fail to find touch from a penalty kick again?

So, counting the scoreless half from last week, we went 110 minutes without a single point before finally scoring in the 77th minute. WTF? Sheens can shake his head in the tunnel and ask Kevin Moore or the ballboy or the team masseuse, 'why do we do it?'. Here's an idea: you coach them to. I swear, this game and the Titans game (after 15 minutes), and numerous games last year, we didn't attack. We just hit it up and then kicked long on the 5th. These are coached tactics.

Perhaps our backline is not firing. Sometimes I think how would we know? Simona does not touch the ball in attack. Ayshford got zero ball tonight and little last week. Miller, our half, got zero ball tonight. Ryan and Brown only touch the ball when returning a kick.

Canterbury defended fine, but they weren't really tested. Credit to the Dogs kicking game though. Ennis showed up Farah big time too. Had the Tiges come out and played hard in the 2nd half, or attempted to go down swinging at least, I have respect for them. But the manner in which they lost, at their home ground, is woeful.

Benji's return changes things but doesn't play Lui into form, give Farah a new groin or find Moltzen a position. Very, very interesting game against Parra in two weeks....
One of my sources is Pascoe

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 2:26 am

tiger tigers wrote:no comeback hey col .... i didnt think so ......hey i couldnt give a toss if you think im clueless ,at least i have a go even if plenty dont agree ....
you are clueless.They have no heart or mental strength,two of the biggest requirments in this game.Sure they have the skill but thats all they have

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:35 am

mc1991 wrote:No Marshall
No Lawrence
No Utai
No Tuqiri

I was very happy with how we defended but in attack Lui was pathetic, I hardly saw Moltzen when he was on, it was like they refused to let Miller get the ball, and maybe, just maybe, Robbie Farah had a lot of expectation on him..

I wish Robbie stayed at first receiver he could've done some serious damage in attack earlier on..

Posted using RoarFEED
I agree with your post wholeheartedly.

Lui was woeful, and horribly out of form. Miller was completely shut out and only saw the ball when they moved it down the left.

6. Lui
7. Farah
9. Fulton

That would have been my pick.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:44 am

innsaneink wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:ill walk the walk anytime with you ink ... you seem to spend your life on a pc attacking everyone that dosent have the same opinion as you do ...only an imbecile would habe picked the tigers last night ....
Congrats on the insult and congrats on your succesful tip.
Or are you an imbecile too?
I think you might be ior you wouldnt have said what you did.
ill walk the walk anytime with you ink

OK - I accept your bet.
$50?
$100
$500???
Name your wager
Seeing the Tigers have some ridiculous losing percentage when Benji does not play and the fact we had Rowdy , Lote etc out we were always going to struggle I picked the Dogs by ten

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:29 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
No Lawrence
No Utai
No Tuqiri

Posted using RoarFEED
Don't forget guys - no Payten either. Reads the play beautifully in defense, and a wily old fox in attack.

Lui was woeful, and horribly out of form. Miller was completely shut out and only saw the ball when they moved it down the left.

6. Lui
7. Farah
9. Fulton

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:31 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
No Lawrence
No Utai
No Tuqiri

Posted using RoarFEED

6. Lui
7. Farah
9. Fulton

Don't forget guys - no Payten either. Reads the play beautifully in defense, and a wily old fox in attack.