My thoughts on the game and rest of season

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
smoking gun

My thoughts on the game and rest of season

Post by smoking gun » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:51 pm

tonight saw how innefective we are without marshall 100 minutes of football and one try now other then that these are other glaring problems

1) robert lui - shouyld not play FG again this year he alone was the reason for the first try with one of his now regualar terribel defensive reads/efforts

2) Miller should be the half back for the remainder of the season what rare touches he got he sparked a little something and had the defence holding back, he can thrive having marshall there

3) Lack of pace in the outside backs - i know we are missing rowdy and lote but beau and mitch just arent the answer id like to aee the young winger from under 20s come in to add some spark and speed to the backs

4) Liam fulton - the club doesnt want him so im wondering why are they bothering to pick him offers little and really cant see why he is getting a run ahead of murdoch masila

5) Tim sheens - classic tim - Beau ryan to back row mckinnon to wing moltz to FB i dont need to say anything else

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:54 pm

smoking gun wrote:tonight saw how innefective we are without marshall 100 minutes of football and one try now other then that these are other glaring problems

1) robert lui - shouyld not play FG again this year he alone was the reason for the first try with one of his now regualar terribel defensive reads/efforts

2) Miller should be the half back for the remainder of the season what rare touches he got he sparked a little something and had the defence holding back, he can thrive having marshall there

3) Lack of pace in the outside backs - i know we are missing rowdy and lote but beau and mitch just arent the answer id like to aee the young winger from under 20s come in to add some spark and speed to the backs

4) Liam fulton - the club doesnt want him so im wondering why are they bothering to pick him offers little and really cant see why he is getting a run ahead of murdoch m

5) Tim sheens - classic tim - Beau ryan to back row mckinnon to wing moltz to FB i dont need to say anything else

Well yes, number 5 of those points was a raging success wasn't it?

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:00 pm

i thought i was drunk when i saw beau in the second row.

we were really outplayed tonight. dogs were fired up after all the press about coach and their poor form.

we seem to always be the rebound team for teams to get wins against us after bad runs.

rest of the season, well at the moment from what ive seen we will be fodder for the finals.

yeah we missed benji but ill be surprised if lote and lawrence come back when they do and turn our season around they will take sometime to get match fit.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:04 pm

have to agree, can't say I'm happy with Robert Lui in recent weeks, while out attack has been lacking in recent weeks our defence has been solid, with Lui standing out as the only consistently poor defender. Miller does look promising and should be given a go.

I still think Fulton has something to offer, and with (hopefully) Lawrence back after the bye and Tuquiri to follow soon after we should regain some of our speed.

As for Sheen's, the words just aren't available

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:06 pm

liam tries hard every time he plays ... but he isnt big enough to play in the forwards ... he gets belted week in week out and dosent offer enough when he has the ball.....
i thought ryan had a dig tonight .....
lui .. not up to the top grade... is just going through the motions
i agree miller to start at halfback in luis place ,,,,,

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:11 pm

With the key players we have out , I am not going to bag the team on tonights performance, I actually expected a worse scoreline. What I do find interesting is the number of forum posts calling for the Club to retain players in the light of the Blair "signing" when deep down we probably know that a clean out may be necessary and some of the players we lose may once again shine under a new club.
I will reserve my thoughts on the rest of the season after the Bye. Any chance of them spending next weekend in Kiama?

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:16 pm

Gazman wrote:With the key players we have out , I am not going to bag the team on tonights performance, I actually expected a worse scoreline. What I do find interesting is the number of forum posts calling for the Club to retain players in the light of the Blair "signing" when deep down we probably know that a clean out may be necessary and some of the players we lose may once again shine under a new club.
I will reserve my thoughts on the rest of the season after the Bye. Any chance of them spending next weekend in Kiama?
a clean out is expected and i think with the player movement and confirmed comings and goings we are playing like a team with that on their minds. add to that the injuries we've had, i dont think we will be making a dent in the finals this year. i'd love to be proved wrong.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:41 am

smoking gun wrote:tonight saw how innefective we are without marshall 100 minutes of football and one try now other then that these are other glaring problems

4) Liam fulton - the club doesnt want him so im wondering why are they bothering to pick him offers little and really cant see why he is getting a run ahead of murdoch masila

spot on, and number 5 is a :wtf Sheens

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 3:24 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:i thought i was drunk when i saw beau in the second row.
You probably were, but that's besides the point ;) Even my judgement when i'm drunk is better than Tim Sheens :roll: