•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
TIGERDAVIS

Re: Miller

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:09 pm

i was waiting and waiting and waiting for Sheens to hurry up and put him into half!!!!
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:15 pm

I was disappointed with Lui's game tonight, poor defence, silly kicks and it's not the first time, he needs to spend some time in state cup to give him a reality check. Put Moltzen in at half or Miller, I am a bit concerned about pushing Miller too early though.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:21 pm

Top class. You can just see it in his touches. Even the penalty he gave away came from trying to get us a try / being aggressive.

I am praying Sheens doesn't coach the aggression / passion out of him.

He's 18..........he'll be an absolute gun one day.

If we let him go and stick with Lui or Moltzen as the long term 7 I will be shattered.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:47 pm

Nix wrote:a totally different class of play.

I'm not saying he won't be brilliant someday, but we can't even sort out the issue between Moltz and Lui so why bring another halfback into the issue.
um....because he is better than both of them.

Whilst everyone is busily debating who is better out of Lui & Moltzen, no one seems to have noticed that neither of them are up to NRL standard ATM.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:10 am

I think Farah showed no confidence in him kept going to Lui to make the big plays. I think it comes back to the coach. Sheens has to see that he is better then Moltzen and Lui. Hasler let hodkinson go last year and everybody thought what the??? But it was they had a class halfback in cherry-Evans in the waiting.

In 2004 the bulldogs chose braith Anasta over Jonathon Thurston we better not make a similar mistake.

Adman

Post by Adman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:29 am

Meh... Seems like a diabolical mess. No one knows what the hell they are doing. Benji for captain.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:33 am

miller has more talent in his ears than those two clowns put together esp lui my nanna tackles better

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:34 am

i've never understood all the hype over Miller.Sure he might have talent but ppl calling him a future star is way to premature atm IMO

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:40 am

well its only my opinion. but the kid does have talent and a future he lead easts to a sg ball grand final victory can kick goals 40 /20s score tries has been one of our best all year in 20s and went well when he has come into nrl . rather keep him than some of the other pelicans running around in firsts.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:20 am

bigdamo wrote:miller has more talent in his ears than those two clowns put together esp lui my nanna tackles better
Lui, Tackles?
... lol Nah.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:44 am

He's got plenty of talent and shows signs of a real competitor. Still not ready for fulltime NRL and while I'd give 1 or 2 more games this year for experience, I'd rather see him finish the year with the 20's leading them to a GF...

Give him time and limit him being around what's going on with our NRL team at the moment.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 8:07 am

There is really no point having Miller in the team if Farah is not going to pass him the ball. So many times you could see Miller calling for it only for Farah to ignore him.

I even noticed Farah giving Miller a lecture just prior to the few occasions where he passed it to him. I think Miller jumped it to dummy half just to get the ball.

If they're not going to give him the ball, just let him play out the season in the 20s where he can improve.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 8:26 am

Tiger Watto wrote:He's got plenty of talent and shows signs of a real competitor. Still not ready for fulltime NRL and while I'd give 1 or 2 more games this year for experience, I'd rather see him finish the year with the 20's leading them to a GF...

Give him time and limit him being around what's going on with our NRL team at the moment.
x 2.

Miller is a genuine half back. There are not too many out there.

This kid will make it.

Last night there was a reluctance to give him the ball and when he got it he didn't make any mistakes. He kept it simple. Still don't know why we didn't have him doing more general play kicking (he has a very good and accurate long kicking game)

I have watched him closely this year this guy has all the attributes to be a leading NRL halfback. I think let him play out the season in the 20's (they are a good team this year) and get him training with the NRL squad full time from the start of pre season training.

Miller for mine will be our halfback all next season.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:31 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:He's got plenty of talent and shows signs of a real competitor. Still not ready for fulltime NRL and while I'd give 1 or 2 more games this year for experience, I'd rather see him finish the year with the 20's leading them to a GF...

x 2.

This kid will make it.

Last night there was a reluctance to give him the ball and when he got it he didn't make any mistakes. He kept it simple. Still don't know why we didn't have him doing more general play kicking (he has a very good and accurate long kicking game)

I have watched him closely this year this guy has all the attributes to be a leading NRL halfback. I think let him play out the season in the 20's (they are a good team this year) and get him training with the NRL squad full time from the start of pre season training.

He is the only genuine halfback in the club at the moment. Sheens has him playing 5/8 and Lui (who is a 5/8) at halfback. What a coach.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:08 pm

Miller is still quite young but you can see the class. I'm not sure what you expect from a bloke in his early FG career? 5 or 6 try-assists? His going well and better than some other blokes.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:11 pm

magpiecol wrote:

x 2.

This kid will make it.

He is the only genuine halfback in the club at the moment. Sheens has him playing 5/8 and Lui (who is a 5/8) at halfback. What a coach.

Right on mate! Sheens as lost the plot. I was so disappointed when I found out the Miller was to play at number 6. Miller is the only genuine halfback in the club. I think it's about time when had a Q and A session with Sheens.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:12 pm

x 2.

This kid will make it.

Especially since the week before I saw him nail two 40/20s.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:19 pm

I agree with all the miller posts. The kid is quality and our long term solution at 7. I honestly think we have finally stumbled on one.

My thoughts are that if lui and moltzen aren't going to win us games at the moment, what is the harm in putting miller there? At the worst, we lose by a bit more.

Posted using RoarFEED