Hate to say it...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
Tiger_heart

Hate to say it...

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:30 am

and don't have any proof, however this team hasn't clicked for a while, and when players are continuously asked about the happiness in the team (refer recent interview with Robbie on 2SM) it reminds of the statement "the coach has the full backing of the board.." Conspiracy theory? Perhaps,

PS - what's the Cantebury spelling? :) :)

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:11 am

Tiger_heart wrote:PS - what's the Cantebury spelling? :) :)
I noticed this as well - its Canterbury.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:21 am

I posted a "team harmony in question" topic 6 weeks ago as I saw things that I have not seen from the playing squad in the last 10 years. And, apart from the odd spark in form and dash of key players, they still appear a very uncohesive group. More than that, though, I thought the club was an emabarrassment last night for two reasons: they couldn't get a stretcher out to Dwyer after one was called for AND they allowed Fulton to run away from the care of the handler when he was clearly concussed and disoriented late in the game! To me that's showing systems have broken down and people are focussed on themselves and their place in the organisation. They are not looking after each other, and that includes the playing group. To add to the conspiracy theory, I'm starting to attribute the organisational problems to the the style, power and influence of Stephen Humphreys. Any thoughts from others?

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 8:42 am

LCA wrote:I posted a "team harmony in question" topic 6 weeks ago as I saw things that I have not seen from the playing squad in the last 10 years. And, apart from the odd spark in form and dash of key players, they still appear a very uncohesive group. More than that, though, I thought the club was an emabarrassment last night for two reasons: they couldn't get a stretcher out to Dwyer after one was called for AND they allowed Fulton to run away from the care of the handler when he was clearly concussed and disoriented late in the game! To me that's showing systems have broken down and people are focussed on themselves and their place in the organisation. They are not looking after each other, and that includes the playing group. To add to the conspiracy theory, I'm starting to attribute the organisational problems to the the style, power and influence of Stephen Humphreys. Any thoughts from others?

Too True, something is happening. I have no clue on what it is though

Not getting the stretcher for Dwyer is unforgivable!!

They have head braces and stretchers for a reason, NOT TO CAUSE ANY MORE DAMAGE. :crazy :crazy

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:18 am

what do you expect at our temporary homeground ....people just assume everything is where it should be ... wests is a pretty average club when it comes to professionalism....

but on to the players ...complacency ....stuff up and they know they will be there next week,,, o maybe one of the lesser like no names will be scapegoated after a loss.....
the joint needs a cleanout ... simple as that .....

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:23 am

It is time for the club Board to start asking some questions and putting in place expectations of the employed.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 4:03 pm

there were two guys with the stretcher in hand standing on the sideline. they didn't move an inch. wtf.

clean outs have a tendancy to be messy. players develop strong bonds, feelings run high. i'd question the timing of the whole thing, why this year? why mid season? why are coaches and player recruitment staff etc included.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 4:36 pm

tiger tigers wrote:what do you expect at our temporary homeground ....people just assume everything is where it should be ... wests is a pretty average club when it comes to professionalism....

but on to the players ...complacency ....stuff up and they know they will be there next week,,, o maybe one of the lesser like no names will be scapegoated after a loss.....
the joint needs a cleanout ... simple as that .....

Thats one thing humphreys needs to improve on.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 7:31 pm

what about the rest of the list?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"