In perspective

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
seadoggy

In perspective

Post by seadoggy » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 7:16 am

We are all disappointed with last nights result, but I think we should sit back and put it in perspective. I for one want to applaud the majority of the team for their defensive effort for the majority of the game, we may have no attack anymore but our defence has improved at least. I thought I noticed a distinct improvement in the attitude last night, especially by our wingers ryan and brown, although they lack a vital ingredient for wing play (pace) they had a real dig last night. Mckinnon confirmed his time in the nrl is nearing an end, no doubting his ability, but injuries and father time are catching up with him - should go. Its hard to rate our centres when they get next to no ball most matches, but they stuck to their task last night. Jacob Miller did his job, but also needs to improve his front on defence before making the step up, Lui ..... well, time to go young man .... so many chances ... you just haven't grabbed them. The forwards did their best, ellis and rhino were great, supported by galloway. Fulton put his body on the line, but just lacks the size, gibbs has a go but does not offer too much in attack, fifita I am afraid has potential but it is not showing up in his game ... time for him to go as well. Woods is progressing nicely and i thought moltzen appeared a lot keener when he got on last night, maybe a whole game at half back or full back may bring his confidence on a bit. Farah ..... gee, I'm worried about his form, something wrong there, his service is pedestrian and a lot of the time the options he takes are wrong, maybe a hooker back up on the bench would give him a break during the game and freshen him up? In summing up I think we have to be realistic, we have a lot of personnel to come back yet and may see some improvement, but at the moment our ability on the paddock is not quite going to match it with most other teams in the NRL, sad ... but a fact. Let's hope sheens bites the bullet and slots a couple of fresh faces into the team to stir things up a bit.

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 8:24 am

Everyone has been calling for changes tonthe line up lui,Ryan, molts but who do you replace them with??? Half of our top 25 are on the sideline and you can't keep bringing up young u20's or state cup players theirs no point. I wouldn't be swapping lui with any1 tbh. Yes he is shocking ATM but moltz has been worse and when he had his chances in the halves he's blown it. Really we are stuck in a rut until our injured players come back from injury I'm afraid. I'm still confident this year though

Posted using RoarFEED

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:32 am

I think our forwards (and by this I am referring to Props, Second Rowers, Lock) were great last night their defence was brilliant, they all made plenty of meters lead by Galloway, Ellis, Hieghno but all were good in both defence and in attack they made big meters , we just didnt have the backs to finish it off. The halves struggled especially Lui who;s job it was to stand up and lead the team aroyund with no Marshall. Miller did what was expected at his age I think. Simona was ok and for a young bloke you cant blame him for missing a few first up tackles on Idris but our centres never really touched the ball. I thought Ryan and Brown had their best games of the year. McKinnon as mentioned struggled a bit and time is getting to him I thought Moltzen looked good when he came on

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:38 am

well said seadoggy....sheens stubborness has made the joint too complacent....until he bites the bullet and makes the changes needed we will continue to be the non accheivers we are ......

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:17 pm

We have a good forward pack excluding Robbie at the moment. In saying that he played better last night. Its the backs that are a problem however we had Benji, Lawrence and Tuqiri in the stands. We'll improve when they are back.

We are still in the comp this year.