Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Is it time.

Post by smeghead » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:42 am

Last night clearly proved that Farah is the best halfback option we have right now.

Is it time to play him in the 7 for a few weeks?

In past seasons it has been the wrong move but considering how interpretation has made Robbie innefective this season maybe it is worth a try.

George Ndaira is an excellent replacement and IMO we don't lose anything from the hooking position with him coming in.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:52 am

Maybe But only if Marshall isnt playing.I think we should stick with Miller for the rest of the season but actually have confidence in him playing 1/2.
What is for sure is unfortunatly Lui is so out of form he should be dropped immedietly

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:00 am

smeghead wrote:Last night clearly proved that Farah is the best halfback option we have right now.

In past seasons it has been the wrong move but considering how interpretation has made Robbie innefective this season maybe it is worth a try.

George Ndaira is an excellent replacement and IMO we don't lose anything from the hooking position with him coming in.
The problem is Farah is playing really poorly and his option taking is consistently poor. Last night was a massive improvement but we still saw the regular brain-dead kicks.

I agree that it is probably the best option for the team at this point however will Farah become more of a hog and hence make it worse.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:10 am

I think you're onto something here Smeg. The markers could stand right next to the guy playing the ball and robbie could run into them and still wouldnt pinch a penalty for us. Our backline looked more dangerous with him at first receiver in the short time he was there than Lui has for most of the season. Farah at half, Ndaira at 9, not a bad option at all.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:13 am

hmmm yes we looked like doing something with Robbie at half, but we have, what many consider, a perfectly good halfback already waiting in the wings willing to be given a proper shot at the job. I'd prefer to leave Robbie at hooker and give Miller a go.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:45 am

smeghead wrote:Last night clearly proved that Farah is the best halfback option we have right now.

You need to lay off the crack Smeg.
Ndaira is and has not been near his best in recent times. Fails to steal easy cheap metres and his service from dummy is not even in Farah's class.
Your ask to play Farah at 7 "for a few weeks" is a sticky tape solution to a long term underlying problem at WestsTigers. To this very day, the team has not had a true 7 and 6 combination since Prince's departure.
Lui needs to be punted from the halves and either needs to be made the utility off the bench as the best case option if Sheens refuses to drop him for his poor defensive liability.
Moltzen in the 7 jersey is the best option in regards to complimenting Marshall's type of play in the halves. Moltz and Lui both play a lot squarer to the line and work the play up the middle.

This is the best case scenario for Sheens right now.
9. Farah

7. Moltzen
6. Marshall

15. Lui (utility)
16. Fulton (utility)
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:00 am

Moltzen in the halves simply puts more pressure on Benji as he does not have a kicking game.

Miller should be given a go and I mean a proper go: let him play his natural style of game.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:03 am

Yes miller needs to get as much chances as lui had.

Lui either doesnt have it or his not interested.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:05 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Moltzen in the halves simply puts more pressure on Benji as he does not have a kicking game.

Miller should be given a go and I mean a proper go: let him play his natural style of game.
Sheens is too protective of young players.
Our seasons shot....just chuck him in 7 and let him play half, he sinks or swims, better for us in the long run.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:09 am

As much as i like the looks of Miller, he is no prodigy or revelation in regards as a player to make the step up.
Moltzen does have a kicking game. You just haven't seen it yet in 1st grade.
He is not the best kicker in the world i must admit, but his short kicking game is better than his long range kicking game. But Lui's long range is rubbish also, so there is no loss in that department.
With Farah and Marshall making most of the calls in regards to long kicks, i highly doubt anyone will ever take over that role as long as those two are in the team.
So to claim Moltzen in the halves will pressure Marshall....load of bollocks and it has never done so in the past. Proven.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:16 am

I don't think Moltzen is the answer to anything. But, I'm pretty sure he would think he is. He is, at the very best, a bench player. Would love to be proven wrong. He wil probably snag the fullback's job against Parra after McKinnon's brain snaps last night.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:44 am

crouching_tiger wrote:As much as i like the looks of Miller, he is no prodigy or revelation in regards as a player to make the step up.
Moltzen does have a kicking game. You just haven't seen it yet in 1st grade.
He is not the best kicker in the world i must admit, but his short kicking game is better than his long range kicking game. But Lui's long range is rubbish also, so there is no loss in that department.
With Farah and Marshall making most of the calls in regards to long kicks, i highly doubt anyone will ever take over that role as long as those two are in the team.
So to claim Moltzen in the halves will pressure Marshall....load of bollocks and it has never done so in the past. Proven.

Yes but are u good judge? you loved fitzhenry and called ELLIS A PILLOW....Proven....lol

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:03 pm

I think we have played way too much side-to-side. We need to play more direct with Farah, Lui, Miller, Moltzen and Marshall using "punch" with inside balls and beat teams through the middle. Play quick and direct and where teams out.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:09 pm

innsaneink wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Moltzen in the halves simply puts more pressure on Benji as he does not have a kicking game.

Sheens is too protective of young players.
Our seasons shot....just chuck him in 7 and let him play half, he sinks or swims, better for us in the long run.
agree. we need miller if his kicking game is stronger than moltzen and lui (which it probably is). also agree that he should play at 7 now and stick with him...

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:24 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Yes miller needs to get as much chances as lui had.

Lui either doesnt have it or his not interested.

The "not interested" bit is exactly what I was thinking about Lui last night while they were warming up.

If that's the case then he doesn't deserve to wear the jumper, give it to Miller for the rest of the year.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Allan Towle wrote:I think we have played way too much side-to-side. We need to play more direct with Farah, Lui, Miller, Moltzen and Marshall using "punch" with inside balls and beat teams through the middle. Play quick and direct and where teams out.
I don't think this side-to-side style of attack is going to change anytime soon.
Even with Lui playing more direct in the halves it has not changed much at all from when Morris was in the 7 jersey.
It is clear the entire team moves laterally because of one person alone. Marshall.
The structure of the attack has been formed based on his across-field probing and running searching for gaps.
The request for inside balls is one the Tigers use rarely, and as you can see, even the other week(with Marshall) with the stupid rules, most inside balls will get pulled up as a forward pass with the hands facing in a certain direction. And the Tigers' support play from close around the ruck needs a lot of work with Mack being the best on-field positioned player to slice through. Most of this team all stand too flat for this change in style to be employed anyway. For some reason WT have either been instructed not to, or can't be bothered to stand deep and run off the hips of the ball carrier.