Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Beau Ryan

Post by smeghead » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:43 am

From a long time detractor I have to stand and applaud his game last night

He really put his hand up last night and at full strength surely he must be first in line for the 14 jersey if we are to carry a back on the bench. He was all heart and effort last night and kept making metres.

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:49 am

I agree Smeg, he tried his guts out last night. One of the few that did.

Even when put into the second row :brick: he put his body on the line and threw himself into it, making quite few tackles in a short space of time against blokes 30kg bigger than him.

I know this next point doesn't make him a good player, but I watched him run from one side of the field to the other last night to try and pump the rest of the team up. Pity it didn't work but at least he's having a go!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:50 am

Of the back three he was the only one really having a go.
Very very disappointed in Brown, he need to realise he's part of the team, not some fringer thats there now and then....way too casual most of the night (memo mitch look at Utai how he runs and take note)
Wade Macks deficiencies were on show for all...nuff said.
Agree on Beau....was probably our best back which really says it all.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:01 am

Its good to see some common sense posting. Ryan was amazing and yes McKinnon has to go.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:02 am

Ryan was very good, I am a regular bagger but he put in last night and did alot of work, and made plenty of metres.

Ink, I thought Brown was pretty good last night too. Always runs it back hard.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:06 am

He had a go as he always did but he is still too slow.

Our back three looked like they belonged in a nursing home last night.

1. Brown/Moltzen (would like better options but the only fullback slower than McKinnon is Meaney)
2. Tuqiri
5. Korobiete

This should be our back three for the rest of the year. Brown is too slow for wing but his lack of pace isnt quite exposed at number 1.

I dont care if Koro isnt quite ready. Give him a go. The good players usually stand up.

Posted using RoarFEED

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:15 am

can't fault him for having a go, wish many others had his enthusiasm

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:16 am

I don't care how hard he tries he simply isn't good enough. He doesn't have any attributes a winger needs. He isn't big, fast or strong. He is basically el masri without the goal kicking. Then to see him play lock was just beyond absurd. It's a clear case of sheens picking his favourite 17, regardless of positions, and just putting them together.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:17 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Ryan was very good, I am a regular bagger but he put in last night and did alot of work, and made plenty of metres.

I dunno.....he looked to me to be often just centreing the play infield often rather than looking to make metres.
There was one good run in the 2nd spell but thats all i recall.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:28 pm

the last few weeks ryan has been great for us.
good positioning on the wing
his sideways runs have been paying off
good defence.
last night was one of his best games for us. cant believe how well he adapted to playing in the forwards...i cant remember how many times i saw him being the first man in the tackle.
if Utai is back next week i would like to see Ryan play fullback again..he had one bad game at fullback when it was trialled the other year but apart from that he was great. He had good hands, good kick returns, only practice he needs is in the attacking line.
Unfortunately i dont see him getting the gig ahead of Moltzen who is our best long term option at the club for the time being

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

yeh, but aint as good as utai - no room for him.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 2:39 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I don't care how hard he tries he simply isn't good enough. He doesn't have any attributes a winger needs. He isn't big, fast or strong. He is basically el masri without the goal kicking. Then to see him play lock was just beyond absurd. It's a clear case of sheens picking his favourite 17, regardless of positions, and just putting them together.
Getting the ball over the line is not a winger's attribute? :o Better a finisher than a great-looking winger who always ends up short of the line like Wendell.

Beau's playing better since he was dropped but he might struggle to hold his spot upon Utai's return. Handy backup, though.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 2:51 pm

smeghead wrote:From a long time detractor I have to stand and applaud his game last night

He really put his hand up last night and at full strength surely he must be first in line for the 14 jersey if we are to carry a back on the bench. He was all heart and effort last night and kept making metres.
x 2 smeg ... i was eating some humble pie last night. you can only ask for 100% and thats what ryan did last night.
I dislike sowfs immensely

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 3:15 pm

He is an easy target for those looking for scapegoats and he has more heart than most of the team, I would definitely keep him in my squad on current form.

I wonder if he was extra fired up to impress the Panthers coaching staff at the ground last night?

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:45 pm

much better than some of his previous games

willow

Post by willow » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:55 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Ryan was very good, I am a regular bagger but he put in last night and did alot of work, and made plenty of metres.

Agree on Brown, he was solid last night apart from his spectacular jump and drop in the first half. Ryan showed good ticker too and looked to be the most enthusiastic player out there. He's certainly been solid over the last few weeks.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:00 pm

I do not get the idea of a winger taking the first 2 hit ups in a set. I know sometimes the big boys are coming back on side, and if the attackers take the ball up quickly metres can be made. But in reality we lose metres in each set when they do.
This may not be Ryan's fault but a ploy by our coach :crazy

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:58 pm

tigergirlz wrote:I do not get the idea of a winger taking the first 2 hit ups in a set. I know sometimes the big boys are coming back on side, and if the attackers take the ball up quickly metres can be made. But in reality we lose metres in each set when they do.
This may not be Ryan's fault but a ploy by our coach :crazy
Yes, it would be better to have a dummy half pass to the winger at first receiver if see if that works because at the moment they are easily tackled by the markers who are usually standing where ever they like in the ruck and hence our wingers and fullback are only making small metres or worse being pushed back..