kicking game from both teams

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
citizen cub

kicking game from both teams

Post by citizen cub » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:20 pm

Their kicking game compared to our's was chalk and cheese. Hodkinson and Keating kicked to space ALL night and put Mckinnon in a position where he would have to play at the ball and not risk letting it run over the dead ball line.

In contrast Lui and Farah ONCE AGAIN kicked straight down the fullback's throat ALL night and not once did we put them under any sought of pressure or make them run for the ball. This has been a problem for a number of years now and they don't seem to be changing their behaviours.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 1:21 pm

I wanted to see more from Miller kicking.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 2:56 pm

Lui's just trying to save his own hide by keeping the ball away from Miller. Reason alone to drop Lui.

badger

Post by badger » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 3:02 pm

I recn turner was calling the shots for them last night. He is one class act. Mckinnon was definately targeted and was found out. Their superior kicking game was the reason we played most of the game in our own half. Our kick chase is particularly poor most of the time and realy stopped us from applying any sort of sustained pressure. Our d looked nice though plenty of starch in the middle.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 3:11 pm

I am most dissapointed in Farah's kicking game. He can't seem to get the right distance or accuracy???

I would have thought it is part of his job - that's the one that pays him thousands of $$$ a week...

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 6:44 pm

good point. made this comment to my brother whilst watching. most of the dogs' kicks found grass. ours on the other hand went straight to the back three. frustrating!

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:16 pm

And it was our home game! Surely a bonus for us. Shows the teams ineffective use of home grounds and training grounds. They owned us in the kicking department, we were rubbish.