Benji

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
innsaneink

Re: Benji

Post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 9:30 pm

Run down by Ben Smith who gave him 15, 20m start.....yeah he was really fit.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 9:34 pm

Wish he didnt play.....he was beyond terrible but he wasnt on his own.....

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 9:35 pm

benji's worst game of the season by far
Number 1 souffs hater

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 9:36 pm

Benji literally looked like he was trying to have us lose.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:09 pm

The whole team is disinterested if you ask me, they look like they want Mad Monday to start this Monday.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:44 pm

We will do nothing as long as Benji is in our side!
Yes i know you think i'm crazy, and he is brilliant but the terrible far outweighs the brilliant or even good.
He is diamonds or rocks, mostly rocks and sometimes crusher dust.
At the end of his career he will have a great highlights package, but i could put together a blunders package that would go for 60 times longer.
To me he is like the Harlem Globetrotters, just a show of skills and tricks that's very entertaining to watch but cant really compete against real teams. He is a magician and he has bluffed his way into being a rugby league player when he is just simply a great touch footy player.
There is no doubt he can play but consistently at a high level is what makes great players. Benji will NEVER be one in my eyes. And because our team is soooo reliant on his form we will never be a threat as long as he is around. We will also continue to be inconsistent.
I know most Tigers fans think the sun shines out of his behind, and quite possibly believe the exact opposite of what i do, but i feel the gloss over the last few seasons is starting to rub off and more and more people are starting to become frustrated with the inconsistent play becoming all too consistent.
My opinion.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:04 pm

TIGER wrote: To me he is like the Harlem Globetrotters, just a show of skills and tricks that's very entertaining to watch but cant really compete against real teams. He is a magician and he has bluffed his way into being a rugby league player when he is just simply a great touch footy player.
1 of the legends of basketball was a Globe Trotter (Wilt Chamberlain)..
Globe Trotters started off as a competition team who turned to entertainment after building up big leads.
Cant go wrong with 98% win record over 22,000 games :lol:

On a serious note.. Im a big fan of Benji, i think his defense has been great this year. The only issue in attack is the team relys on Benji for a miracle play on each set. If someone like Miller can come into the squad & take control, directing the ball on his terms then we would be less predictable.

If we used Benji as a decoy how storm use Slater, we could nail so many more tries through weak defensive decisions made by the opposition.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:12 am

You know i'm referring to the travelling exhibition years of the Globe Trotters.
Benji is a show off that plays for his own highlight reel. Our team will never make a grand final as long as Benji is around mark my words.

magpie2tiger

Post by magpie2tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:36 am

TIger are you kidding?without Benji we lack direction,penetration and POints.Benji is the most exciting players that's played for BAlmain or wEsts EVer....your blind...show em up BEnj

Posted using RoarFEED

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

magpie2tiger wrote:TIger are you kidding?without Benji we lack direction,penetration and POints.Benji is the most exciting players that's played for BAlmain or wEsts EVer....your blind...show em up BEnj

Posted using RoarFEED
I agree he is the most exciting every 6th week, the rest is very frustrating sometimes hilarious and embarrassing. Diamonds or rocks. Fun to watch for non Tigers supporters i suppose who probably only remember the freakish things he does, but not for me who watches every week and constantly see crap from the so called best player in the world.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:17 am

TIGER wrote:You know i'm referring to the travelling exhibition years of the Globe Trotters.
Benji is a show off that plays for his own highlight reel. Our team will never make a grand final as long as Benji is around mark my words.
You really have no idea, last year we were only one point from making the grand final on the back of Benji. He has captained New Zealand to series wins against the odds, contributed largely to us already winning a premiership as well as taking out Golden Boot last year for the best player in the world. I think it's quite obvious he is much more then a bag of tricks and is truly one of the legends.

Frazer4Wests

Post by Frazer4Wests » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:28 am

Benji was off on Friday Night.

Guess what Benji is human.

We need Benji. END OF STORY

:dead
West Tigers 2017 Premiers

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 1:56 pm

Frazer4Wests wrote:Benji was off on Friday Night.

AGREE
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 3:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:Run down by Ben Smith who gave him 15, 20m start.....yeah he was really fit.
Ben Smith gave Benji 15-20m start? Not on the footage I saw - Smith was always ahead of Marshall and had the benefit of running an angled line. I do agree though that Marshall was not fully fit and that a fit Marshall would have scored.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 12:28 pm

Maybe 5 to 10 start, he wasnt ahead and as such an angled run is no benefit

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 1:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:Maybe 5 to 10 start, he wasnt ahead and as such an angled run is no benefit
We'll have to disagree on this. Smith always looked ahead of Marshall to me

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 2:09 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Frazer4Wests wrote:Benji was off on Friday Night.

AGREE
x 3 .. no one can be at their best week in week out, hell the knives were out for lockyer not that long ago and where are those doomsdayers now. all i know is that other teams regard benji as our main danger every week. marshall has natural abilities that 95 % of other f/g's can only dream about !
I dislike sowfs immensely

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 3:26 pm

Benji is a freak....

he makes more errors than you'd like, but is wonderful for any team.

he is having to do to much at the momment.

first few games pre the teams injuries people were loving him