RUCK AREA STILL A CONCERN FOR TIM SHEENS

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
Montague Street

Re: RUCK AREA STILL A CONCERN FOR TIM SHEENS

Post by Montague Street » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:27 am

The kind of grappling I am referring to teaches tacklers how to tackle without injuring themselves and how to slow the tackled player's speed and ability to get up and play the ball by properly finishing the tackle -- so that the tackled player is ideally left on his back with his stretched out body parallel with the try lines.

The counter technique has the tackled player turning to face the ground and the tryline whilst bringing his hands towards his feet ready to play the ball as soon as the ref calls held. Tim Mannah is probably the best at this. Gareth Ellis seems to be the only Tigers forward that does this.

Ellis also is the Tigers best grapple tackler.

Now who wouldn't want all our forwards to tackle and play the ball like Mannah and Ellis?

PS, yes I am a BJJ student that used to be a hooker

Posted using RoarFEED
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:38 am

MS - The kind that I am interested in the tigers learning is how to chicken wing the oppositions best player whilst tackling them. Ripping off an arm in this situation cannot hurt.

And if we don't have a wrestling coach then that is up there with the dumbest decisions this club has made. Letting Fifita go is nothing compared to not having a wrestling coach to help us out.