Sheens has lost the dressing room........

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Sheens has lost the dressing room........

Post by Defiant » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:05 am

If Sheens has no KPI's in his new deal then its time for Wests and Balmain to reclaim the club and clean the whole place out from the top down. 2 finals in how many years and its not as if its hard to finish in the top half.

I posted elsewhere .... we have no one but ourselves to blame.

Just to rub it in Parra were rubbish. A good team would have put 50+ on us.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:19 am

1 St. George Illawarra Dragons - one of the ones doing well this year - 6 finals appearances since (and including) '03
2 Penrith Panthers - made the finals 3 times since (and including) '03 almost as bad as us
3 Wests Tigers - TWO finals appearances since tim the joke sheens started here in '03
4 Gold Coast Titans - started in '07. Made the finals 2 out of 4 years
5 New Zealand Warriors - made the finals 4 times since '03
6 Sydney Roosters - 4 finals appearances since '03
7 Canberra Raiders - 5 finals appearances since '03
8 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 6 finals appearances since '03

and the rest of the comp in the order they finished last year just for the fun of it
souffs - a joke of a club - finally, someone WORSE than us with only 1 appearance since '03
Brisbane - 7 finals appearances since 03
Newcastle - 3 finals appearances since '03
Parra - 4
Dogs - 5
Sharks - 2 - WOOHOO someone as bad as we are
Nth Qld - 3
Melbourne - 7

geeze i'm glad we've got sheens. Since he's been here we've made the finals more than souffs! And we've matched the record of the Sharks and Gold Coast (fine print the'y started in '07 but anyway)

But it doesn;t matter. If you look at last year others are doing as badly as we are too! So it's all OK then.
Don;t worry. Be happy!
We're rebuilding. We've been unlucky. Injuries affect us more. We don;t get afternoon games. The refs don;t like us. The sun got in my eyes.

Every other team has to put up with the same stuff we do. They just manage it better by tieing results to whether or not the coach has a job.

But you keep looking forward to next year. We probably won;t be in the 8 this year so we'll be right when those other teams who make the 8 this year fail next year. Or maybe the year after. Or maybe.....
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:23 am

Sheens spoke well in the ABC interview. The players do need to take some responsibility.

Plus he took some responsibility for the loss.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:15 am

tiger05 wrote:Sheens spoke well in the ABC interview. The players do need to take some responsibility.

Plus he took some responsibility for the loss.

How? They have played pretty much the same way all year. No reponsibility there.

Sheen's took some responsibility? Great. How is he going to fix things?

Has he ever, I repeat ever, dropped a player for poor form??

He is a good (not great) coach, but I agree with the majority of people on this subject, he has lost the players and it is time to go.

Grant Jones could fill in for him and he would likely do a better job.

From last nights game, Farah should get his leg/groin fixed asap. I mean next week. Nadira can fill in. Mckinnon bombed at least two tries last night, ( remember he let in two tries last week) he has to go. Mullaney has to be given a go. He would have scored a couple last night, just by his backing up ability. Brown had a shocker. He is so far behind play that it is not funny. He left Lawrence posted last night. Where the bloody hell was he? If Lote was there maybe a couple of tries.

Lui? the less said the better. (even though he scored a try, he bombed one as well.)

I have followed Wests/rugby league for over 50 years, but I am really over this team as it is a present.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:24 am

At the moment it seems Sheens has the club's support in working on a bigger picture than this season. So we will have to suck it in for now and see what unfolds for the next 8 rounds. And it may be a rough ride.

But surely if there is a poor finish to this year, and the team is again performing poorly next year after the cleanout/restructure, there will be a lot of pressure for Sheens to go before the back end of the seaon.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:25 am

he is too stubborn. too arrogant. nothing seems to be improving (kicking game, defence, interchange, motivation, dealing with media and fans, the list goes on) and if we can only perform as well as the sharks over the past 10 years then geez...

i have to question not just humphreys but the board. penriff came sniffing and we rolled over and gave sheens more money and more time for what? making the top half of the table twice in the last 9-10 years? i said before it was time for a change but we won't be paying out his contract and he won't be leaving on his own accord. this club is in real trouble... humphreys you have your work cut out for you buddy!

watersider

Post by watersider » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:45 am

softlaw wrote:1 St. George Illawarra Dragons - one of the ones doing well this year - 6 finals appearances since (and including) '03
2 Penrith Panthers - made the finals 3 times since (and including) '03 almost as bad as us
3 Wests Tigers - TWO finals appearances since tim the joke sheens started here in '03
4 Gold Coast Titans - started in '07. Made the finals 2 out of 4 years
5 New Zealand Warriors - made the finals 4 times since '03
6 Sydney Roosters - 4 finals appearances since '03
7 Canberra Raiders - 5 finals appearances since '03
8 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 6 finals appearances since '03

and the rest of the comp in the order they finished last year just for the fun of it
souffs - a joke of a club - finally, someone WORSE than us with only 1 appearance since '03
Brisbane - 7 finals appearances since 03
Newcastle - 3 finals appearances since '03
Parra - 4
Dogs - 5
Sharks - 2 - WOOHOO someone as bad as we are
Nth Qld - 3
Melbourne - 7

geeze i'm glad we've got sheens. Since he's been here we've made the finals more than souffs! And we've matched the record of the Sharks and Gold Coast (fine print the'y started in '07 but anyway)
very good points softlaw. Considering his full 8 year record and comparing that to other teams does reflect poorly on our side. In all of those stats how many of those sides have made the semi-final stage of the finals? In 2 finals appearances we've also made it their twice, which is a very good strike rate. Its one thing to finish 7th or 8th and get bundled out first week as many teams mentioned have done. The important thing is to be competitive when you make the finals, which is what we have done.

All that said I think our record since 2005 has been disappointing, and it is fair enough to complain about that fact. So that is very good analysis you have done.

I just don't believe that change is necessarily the right action. I still believe Sheens is a very good coach and I still think we have a talented side. None of the options people on here are suggesting are better options in my mind. I don't see a better coach on the market and I am happy with our playing roster this year and next year. So its a matter of doing exactly what sheens said in the interview which is the game and our build up need to be reviewed and people need to take more responsibility. Blowing the whole thing up means starting again which i don't think is the right thing to do when we are so close to being a premiership winning side.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:38 pm

Your posts suggest youre not completely aware of whats been occurring the last few weeks.
Apologies if im incorrect.
Blowing the whole thing up means starting again which i don't think is the right thing to do when we are so close to being a premiership winning side.
That pretty much is just what Sheens & Humpty is doing.