Boycott Tiger games ,they dont try so why should we

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
Cysquatch

Re: Boycott Tiger games ,they dont try so why should we

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 7:45 am

I would have thought if they where such a tight knit, close bunch of mates that the fact they are being broken up would make them want to go harder for their last season together. You know put in one almighty effort for your mates departing or staying on and show whoever is making the desicions is wrong. Coz at the start of the year I thought top 4 easy and challenging hard for a second premiership. I'm sure the players did too.

I don't know. Over the last few weeks you can see they aren't a unified group and just from myself at the game last night I got the impression they were going thru the motions. I turned to my mate at the 5 min mark and suggested we werent 'on'. The next 75 confirmed it.

I don't know what's going at the club so I don't know were to direct my anger or support. Coach? Staff? CEO? Players? Maybe all are at some sort of fault and need to do what they are paid(well) for like anyother job.

I've gone from being angry about what's happened to sad and now just feel empty. I love the WT. It hurts

Posted using RoarFEED
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Icon

Post by Icon » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 7:49 am

i feel your pain mate

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:04 am

I'm an old Western Suburbs supporter, and experienced some horrible and embarrassing years when they were getting flogged by 50 and 60 several times a year. After much anger and refusing to go to the next game, I was always sucked in and went, because I loved the team.

There are so many distractions in this club, that it is a wonder they are anywhere near the top 8. So many things went wrong last night, that if they came off, it may have been a different story. Our kicking game and support play is non existent. If we had them last night, we would have surely won.

We just have to keep hanging in there as supporters.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:31 am

Great post Andyvee.
No matter how bad we are doing I just can't help myself from being fired up for our game each week even if I think we have no chance.
I actually think that 99% of people that post on here probably feel like this too.

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:47 am

Cysquatch wrote:I would have thought if they where such a tight knit, close bunch of mates that the fact they are being broken up would make them want to go harder for their last season together. You know put in one almighty effort for your mates departing or staying on and show whoever is making the desicions is wrong. Coz at the start of the year I thought top 4 easy and challenging hard for a second premiership. I'm sure the players did too.

I don't know. Over the last few weeks you can see they aren't a unified group and just from myself at the game last night I got the impression they were going thru the motions. I turned to my mate at the 5 min mark and suggested we werent 'on'. The next 75 confirmed it.

I don't know what's going at the club so I don't know were to direct my anger or support. Coach? Staff? CEO? Players? Maybe all are at some sort of fault and need to do what they are paid(well) for like anyother job.

I've gone from being angry about what's happened to sad and now just feel empty. I love the WT. It hurts

agree with you Cysquatch I also thought, like you, that good mates would put in for each other for one last season something about 'band of brothers?' but sadly couldn't be further from the case it appears.

Posted using RoarFEED

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:54 am

Hey Cysquatch, good post mate, although I just wonder if they are united as a group of mates, but as a sports team they have lost the onfield performance because they've got major problems with the coaching staff and the way their mates have been treated by management?

Just a thought. :sign:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:58 am

Haha, I didn't realise that supporting a team meant that when the chips are down you split...

Pathetic attitude.

Posted using RoarFEED
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:11 am

Atrocious Attitude, and even more disparaging is the fact that people agree with this trollop.

Sounds just like a Parramatta supporter. They win = IVE BEEN A FAN FOREVER!!!

They Lose = HUH? I DONT FOLLOW FOOTBALL....

Yes, the tigers are playing bad.

Yes, there seems to be unrest.

Yes, Club favourites are leaving.

But let me tell you guys something.

I was a tigers supporter LONG Before Moltzen, Gibbs, Heighington, Fifita, and Ryan were in the team. Before Humpheries was CEO, Before Sheens was coach.

Get over yourselves. Its been a few months of bad footy and questionable decisions. The club has been around a lot longer than that.
Last edited by underdog on Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:25 am

Andyvee wrote:I'm an old Western Suburbs supporter, and experienced some horrible and embarrassing years when they were getting flogged by 50 and 60 several times a year. After much anger and refusing to go to the next game, I was always sucked in and went, because I loved the team.

There are so many distractions in this club, that it is a wonder they are anywhere near the top 8. So many things went wrong last night, that if they came off, it may have been a different story. Our kicking game and support play is non existent. If we had them last night, we would have surely won.

We just have to keep hanging in there as supporters.
This was nearly the identical post I was about to do! :supporter:

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:39 am

Cysquatch wrote:I would have thought if they where such a tight knit, close bunch of mates that the fact they are being broken up would make them want to go harder for their last season together. You know put in one almighty effort for your mates departing or staying on and show whoever is making the desicions is wrong. Coz at the start of the year I thought top 4 easy and challenging hard for a second premiership. I'm sure the players did too.

good post ,,,the last line sums up how i feel as well...

Posted using RoarFEED

Frazer4Wests

Post by Frazer4Wests » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:05 am

Really bad attitude! :bash

You should not wright post just after a loss

Or support the storm.

Either way Wests tiger do not need you! :x
West Tigers 2017 Premiers

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:08 am

how about we boycott this topic it is lame and only for the brain dead?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:29 am

Yeh can understand people arent happy, but whatever at the end of the day boycotting games is NOT going to achieve anything.

Contact the club, contact sponsors, contact media......but without us there is no team, no game.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:52 am

Some people have absolutely no idea.

So just because we are loosing we "dont try". To be honest the effort in my opinion has been fine. The last three games weve defended real well. Even last night they scored 3 tries, all were in various ways a little lucky (The first one a defender fell down and atkins ran through, the second one on the back of a one on one and strip and the third on a huge overlap). Effort is not the problem.

Execution and lack of quality players may be an issue, but dont use effort. The side tried real hard. The problem is the same issues which have been there for years, including LAST year. Lack of pace in the backs (bar lawrence), the worst back three in the NRL without doubt, a forward pack which cant get a roll on and not one forward who when he takes up a hit looks like potentially going through (bar ellis).

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:02 am

hadds75 wrote:(The first one a defender fell down and atkins ran through
There was no urgency at all shown in that play, it was a disgrace that a winger could just run through there without being touched.

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:50 pm

Really disappointing post. I want to see my team win and do well and like many of you I recall sitting on that hill at Leichhardt during the ninties with about 5-6 thousand fans with my head in my hands just hoping for that one win in 10 games. There were some positive things about last night. Lui played well. Our wingers looked good and dare I say it speedy. Beau Ryan actually had a pretty good game and supported well. Lawrence I thought was exceptional considering he hasn't played for 2 months. I also thought Marshall was shaping up well and looked like a handfull. It was also great to see those sweeping backline moves with the second man play. I hate losing just as much as anyone and believe me, had a restless night after coming home from Parra Stadium, but boycott games, NO WAY.