Robbie

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
happy tiger

Re: Robbie

Post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 7:56 pm

Should of had the surgery at the start of the season Have said that since it became public knowledge . Where is it getting us Absolutely nowhere

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:02 pm

CocaCola wrote:Give the captaincy to Benji or Lawrence.

Farah is past his best, he doesn't lead by example therefore shouldn't be captain.
Have a look at the desperation in his face - the team is letting him down not he other way around.
Both he ,and to an extent Marshall, are forced to try ANYTHING to generate a bust.
Farah is normally more calculated than Marshall (who simply believes too much in himself sometimes)
Look at Farah's face when things go wrong - he is in a world of hurt.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:07 pm

cktiger wrote:

Farah is past his best, he doesn't lead by example therefore shouldn't be captain.
Have a look at the desperation in his face - the team is letting him down not he other way around.
Both he ,and to an extent Marshall, are forced to try ANYTHING to generate a bust.
Farah is normally more calculated than Marshall (who simply believes too much in himself sometimes)
Agree. Look at his stats - he is leading by example. He was one of our better players last night. We could have beaten Parra with a bit of luck. If Benji hadn't been running on one leg, he would have scored early in the second half, to make it 6-6. Whole new game.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:13 pm

cktiger wrote:

Im a believer in having your best player as captain, what better role model to follow & to lead the team by example. Credit should be given where it is due. Farah has lacked form, and isn't the player of old. I personally love the guy, but sad as it is to say, he was robbed of his SOO chance when in peak form, and highly doubt he will regain it unless he has a stellar season next year..

Even if captaincy was given to Benji, Lawrence, Ellis or any other player, experienced players like Farah & Benji are still going to have there say & direct players around the park.
So it doesn't really matter who is captain, I just think the honor of being captain should be given to best player on the park as a sign of recognition. Even if its a rotation.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 12:26 pm

Haven't seen him smile in ages.
Just read the first 2 pages, and the treatment he is getting is ridiculous atm
the ball he threw for Brown bounced 1m inside the sideline,
Lote would've ran with it untouched.

He is trying to get into a "Greg Bird" type player,
he is much better than that.

The most important thing that' missing in our team is communication.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 1:27 pm

This whole thing with the team sucks!!
Soooosad :cry:

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 9:15 pm

IMO bagging robbie is like bagging Santa Claus.....

i

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:44 pm

I think a few factors have changed things.

Firstly, he is right about the refs not giving him penalties, I dont think he has received one all year. In the past the refs would give them to him and so the defenders would back off, allowing him to create. Because he isnt getting them now, he is going sideways alot more.

Another factor is Origin, with how Ennis is viewed and how he always gets picked, along with Dean Young getting picked this year, I think he is trying to change his game to a game that isnt his style.

Another factor that I dont think has been mentioned is how his form has been since we lost Hodgo, Hodgo created an extra option in attack which took the focus off Farah and Marshall. Hodgo left in 2008 and I dont think Farah has quite been the same in attack since, except in patches. Another possible coincidence with that is he took over from Hodgo as captain.

So there are those things as well as what we already know and that's the under performing forward pack, an inconsistent number 7 and the change in interpretation of the play the ball by the refs.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:49 pm

Jazza wrote:I think a few factors have changed things.

Firstly, he is right about the refs not giving him penalties, I dont think he has received one all year. In the past the refs would give them to him and so the defenders would back off, allowing him to create. Because he isnt getting them now, he is going sideways alot more.

Another factor is Origin, with how Ennis is viewed and how he always gets picked, along with Dean Young getting picked this year, I think he is trying to change his game to a game that isnt his style.

Another factor that I dont think has been mentioned is how his form has been since we lost Hodgo, Hodgo created an extra option in attack which took the focus off Farah and Marshall. Hodgo left in 2008 and I dont think Farah has quite been the same in attack since, except in patches. Another possible coincidence with that is he took over from Hodgo as captain.

So there are those things as well as what we already know and that's the under performing forward pack, an inconsistent number 7 and the change in interpretation of the play the ball by the refs.
Agreed Jazza....Cant believe how many people on here bag Farah out.

magpie2tiger

Post by magpie2tiger » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 7:35 am

You guys a bloody hard. Robbie has not been helped by the refs. SHeensy been on the money . It's nrl not world wrestling. He will be better next week. We'll eat the Cows

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 8:22 am

Jazza wrote:I think a few factors have changed things.

Some good points here.

The no 1 thing I agree with is that he hasn't been the same player since say 2008. It isn't like it is 1 year of poor form it is a couple of years.

I hope he can regain his form because he shows glimpses of it but trying to state that it is the refs fault or it is his injury is simply not true. It is one persons fault predominately and that is Robbie's. Maybe the coach can also take a little blame but it is Robbie putting in those dumb kicks when he shouldn't be.

We need him to be Cameron Smith like. He has at times been a better player than Smith. He is so far away from that level at the moment it isn't funny. As far as I'm concerned he is playing for his future. He will probably always be a first grade player but the big contracts will disappear on his current form.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 8:28 am

Lets withhold our judgement on Robbie until he gets the surgery he needs in the off season . No one can doubt his effort every week . He is giving 110% for the team . He is obviously frustrated by both the way he and the team is performing at the moment . Hopefully next season he will be playing behind a team with some serious grunt and go forward and be injury free and the Robbie of 2008 will be back .