Robbie

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
chalabi.yousuf

Re: Robbie

Post by chalabi.yousuf » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:39 am

Farah is a very good player but no one other than benji is giving him support

On the other hand he needs to step up his game like last year and 2005


Posted using RoarFEED


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:02 am

tiger tigers wrote:
dcdc wrote:What a bunch of jokers you all are.
great post ... it really adds to the topic ......tell us why we are jokers .....
I'll tell you .
Farah has been carrying this team for years.
Our form doesn't relate back to his game- the team around him is not performing.
Players aren't backing up like they once did and are lacking in confidence .
He gets left stranded so often he should change his name to Robinson Crusoe
Everybody goes on about a teams spine- have a look at ours.
At fullback McKinnon ( when fit ) who has somehow gone from being a solid player into a chump.
Halfback Lui who has played 2 good games in the last 20
Throw in Marshall (who plays at half when he feels like it)who is playing like it's touch football at the local park and throws the ball anywhere.
Add to that half the forward pack and backline have been told by their coach he doesn't consider them first grade material next year and Farah has got a lot on his plate to keep together as a captain.
Remarks that he is egotistical and angry about not being picked for SOO, his girlfriend is on his mind or he wont have an operation because Marshall will be captain are ludicrous.
Guess who's head is on the chopping block at all the other underperforming clubs ?
After our spate of injuries Sheens has systematically destroyed this team by playing people out of position , keeping out of form players in first grade and ruining the confidence of most of the guys left to run onto the field.
Have fun captaining that!

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2246
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:49 am

We can all speculate about the why's, what-for's and whatevers regarding Robbies personal playing form or lack of it. If not for a couple of poor options/excecutions in the first half last night he was going well.

But to observe the bleeding obvious is to see he is not acting like a captain and the players don't seem to be taking much notice of him. This is not something that just started last night, it has been looking this way for a long time.

A captain needs to lead by example not only in his game but in the way he holds himself on the field and interacts with his players. No matter how tough things are or how bad they get during a game he should behave in the manner of a leader. He needs to rally the troops when things go wrong, not just get enthusiastic when things go right. He should tell a player to forget his mistake if that's what is needed but he should also be able to give a player a rocket if he deserves it. He should do everything in his power to keep a sinking ship together by supplying this cohesion. But at the moment the team seems to have no cohesion.

I can take a lot of things but to see most of the team walking around with their heads down much of the time, and the captain doing the same is very hard to watch. Anyone with a reasonably keen eye should be able to see there is big trouble here.

Sorry to say it but Robbie should not be captain. Being a great player and even a great team man doesn't necessarily qualify someone be a great leader. The team has needed a strong captain many times over the last few years but not had it.

Drewby
Member
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri 08 Jul, 2011 3:37 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by Drewby » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:04 am

You see in Origin when a play goes wrong you've got half a dozen players around saying "hey -don't worry about it" and they're all geed up ready for the next play... where's that at the Tigers?

Passion is gone and it only takes the Captain's motivation to help keep our chins up when things go wrong.

Two examples, Robbies pass out the touchline with seconds left in the first half, then Benji's slip and throw over the touchline about 70 odd minutes - not a soul around them... this is not a team playing together as a TEAM, it's really a bunch of individuals trying too hard and stuffing up.

Truly summed up by those few non passes to Beau Ryan that would have been sitter tries...

CMON TIGERS get it together!
KAPOW!

hadds75
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by hadds75 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:08 am

Farah plays behind one of the most ineffective forward packs in the NRL. Honestly you can tell me that galloway, ellis, heighno, fifita, BMM, woods are amazing players, and individually they probably all are - but how often do these guys charge at the line and you think "geezus christ he might go through here!" , NEVER EVER - accept maybe ellis from time to time. Yet im watching opposition packs run it forward and thinking "geez he might bust through hes running so hard".

the pack sucks. let him run behind some guys who charge onto the ball and watch the space he will suddenly create.


Drewby
Member
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri 08 Jul, 2011 3:37 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by Drewby » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:19 am

Move him to half - he can run the game from there and will do something about him not being able to manoever in the ruck area - fulton to hooker, and there you go, making the use of their talents and addressing some issues he have!

Just thinking outside the box - esp cos Sheens can't bring himself to promote any young guns!
KAPOW!

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:30 am

robbie is going ok, i reckon he was our best player last night. He is not in the form he has been for previous seasons, but is going ok.
He is making a few too many mistakes, but given that everyone else is playing poorly he is forced to push passes and try to much
He is clearly playing hampered by an injury as well

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27546
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:39 am

Im feeling for robbie...I do feel sorry for him. Deserves better.

User avatar
RatedRKO
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:00 pm

He was one of the few trying last night. He's not playing at his best, might be because of the groin injury he is carrying or something else.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm

hadds75 wrote:Farah plays behind one of the most ineffective forward packs in the NRL. Honestly you can tell me that galloway, ellis, heighno, fifita, BMM, woods are amazing players, and individually they probably all are - but how often do these guys charge at the line and you think "geezus christ he might go through here!" , NEVER EVER - accept maybe ellis from time to time. Yet im watching opposition packs run it forward and thinking "geez he might bust through hes running so hard".

the pack sucks. let him run behind some guys who charge onto the ball and watch the space he will suddenly create.
Spot on. And then people whinge when we move these players on.

The likes of Heighington, Fulton, Gibbs could not punch a hole through a wet paper bag on a rainy day.

I say it over and over again that Ellis and Galloway are our only two forwards who consistently dent the line. Both of them rarely miss tackles, rarely give away penalties, rarely do anything stupid. These are the types of players we need.

Woods and BMM are young and a work in progress and I certainly think they have the ability to become players that the opposition will generally fear.

Fifita runs sideways more than straight and does little work. A good player when we are on song, but when we are struggling he is nowhere to be seen. Good luck to the Sharks paying him 300K.

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 1:11 pm

Rambo2714 wrote:I hope it is the injury which is inhibiting him . I Also think the fact he has a GF ATM is effecting his game , we all know how much of a mans energy a high maintenance women can consume ?

hahahahahahahahaha now thats a funny post .....his groin is gone ,and he has time for a high maintenance woman ...lol.....
Posted using RoarFEED

bigdamo
Member
Member
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu 25 Mar, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by bigdamo » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 1:35 pm

guys overated and a sook

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:02 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
hadds75 wrote:Farah plays behind one of the most ineffective forward packs in the NRL. Honestly you can tell me that galloway, ellis, heighno, fifita, BMM, woods are amazing players, and individually they probably all are - but how often do these guys charge at the line and you think "geezus christ he might go through here!" , NEVER EVER - accept maybe ellis from time to time. Yet im watching opposition packs run it forward and thinking "geez he might bust through hes running so hard".

the pack sucks. let him run behind some guys who charge onto the ball and watch the space he will suddenly create.
Spot on. And then people whinge when we move these players on.

The likes of Heighington, Fulton, Gibbs could not punch a hole through a wet paper bag on a rainy day.

I say it over and over again that Ellis and Galloway are our only two forwards who consistently dent the line. Both of them rarely miss tackles, rarely give away penalties, rarely do anything stupid. These are the types of players we need.

Woods and BMM are young and a work in progress and I certainly think they have the ability to become players that the opposition will generally fear.

Fifita runs sideways more than straight and does little work. A good player when we are on song, but when we are struggling he is nowhere to be seen. Good luck to the Sharks paying him 300K.
I'm sure sheens coaches that sort of hard running out of players so they can land on their stomach and get a quick play the ball for our backs.
Worked brilliantly.
in 2005...

Same as him coaching fullbacks to run towards the centre of the field rather than charging back into the defensive line.

He doesn;t like aggro in his players and that really costs us. Will be interesting to see how Blair plays under him.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3387
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:13 pm

He is having a bludger of a year. However he is trying and if he takes losses harder then most.

Did anyone see him and Heightington having a shouting match after a Parramatta break early in the game. Ugly stuff.

coopy
Member
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by coopy » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:54 pm

I actually thought his form improved last night.

He played direct and looked threatening. Some of the passes and kicks didn't work as planned but at least he was trying and asking questions of the defence.

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 3:28 pm

coopy wrote:I actually thought his form improved last night.

He played direct and looked threatening. Some of the passes and kicks didn't work as planned but at least he was trying and asking questions of the defence.
I thought the kicking last night was shocking - compared to the opposition- we looked very ordinary :crazy

caughtnapping

Post by caughtnapping » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 4:33 pm

hadds75 wrote:Farah plays behind one of the most ineffective forward packs in the NRL. Honestly you can tell me that galloway, ellis, heighno, fifita, BMM, woods are amazing players, and individually they probably all are - but how often do these guys charge at the line and you think "geezus christ he might go through here!" , NEVER EVER - accept maybe ellis from time to time. Yet im watching opposition packs run it forward and thinking "geez he might bust through hes running so hard".

the pack sucks. let him run behind some guys who charge onto the ball and watch the space he will suddenly create.
Couldn't agree more... Fifita started out as a brilliant young forward who just charged at the line, and now he just jogs up and tries to fend everybody off him...

I think Robbie and Benji are desperately trying to create some magic out of nothing, and that's how errors get made.

I kinda feel sorry for them. As a comparison, everybody wonders why Inglis only seems to play so well in Origin? Their forwards play like there's no tomorrow, and really give him all the opportunity he needs.

It's hard not to get a little down about it, but i'm hoping something happens and they spark up.
:pray:

User avatar
CocaCola
Member
Member
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by CocaCola » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 7:53 pm

Give the captaincy to Benji or Lawrence.

Farah is past his best, he doesn't lead by example therefore shouldn't be captain.

Post Reply