Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
Nix

Re: Robbie

Post by Nix » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:23 pm

cunno wrote:
king sirro wrote:
biggest tigers fan wrote:Robbie to state cup for a week to get some form and to show him he isnt an immortal and can be dropped

If you take away the fact its Robbie Farah and just imagine his current form as another hooker, then it isnt that bad. Its not his actual form thats the problem....its much much more than that. I wish it was as simple as form.
What else are you referring to KSirro?
That Farrah deliberately put off having surgery during the season so that Benji wouldn't get captaincy.

He'd rather play poorly all season, injured, because his selfish pride won't let him accept Benji as captain.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:25 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Robbie the past two seasons has gone DOWN to "good NRL player".
Who takes poor options at critical times.

He wasn't as bad as what he has been tonight. Marshall was also poor.

They looked a mess out there.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:27 pm

He's failed to shine this season with the ruck appearing to slow down in my eyes. We're used to seeing Farah get out of dummyhalf so quickly and punch through the line but this season he'll catch the markers out and not get a penalty and then they'll just jump on him once they're back the 10.

Tigers need to re-think their approach to playing around the ruck IMO.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:29 pm

willow wrote:He's failed to shine this season with the ruck appearing to slow down in my eyes. We're used to seeing Farah get out of dummyhalf so quickly and punch through the line but this season he'll catch the markers out and not get a penalty and then they'll just jump on him once they're back the 10.

Tigers need to re-think their approach to playing around the ruck IMO.

Are u suggesting that Sheens adapts to the game rather than ring the refs in the hope they will change to suit us????
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:33 pm

Nix wrote:That Farrah deliberately put off having surgery during the season so that Benji wouldn't get captaincy.

He'd rather play poorly all season, injured, because his selfish pride won't let him accept Benji as captain.
Seriously do you know what is going on in his head. I can't figure out what is going on in my own head 1/2 the time and I get it right with regards to my wife and kids 1 in 10 times.

As for his injury. I think it is all a load of bulldust. He probably has a nagging injury but he can run, he can pass and he can play. If it was that big of a deal he wouldn't be running on the field - just like Lawrence, Benji, Ellis and Tuqiri haven't at various times through the season.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:37 pm

boonboon wrote:Ahhh guessing none of you read the papers much it was mentioned the other week that Robbie will need surgery in the off season on his groin so that probably doesen't help in fact im amazaed he has gone this far. As far as his play goes he has still been good and compared to most you couldnt fault him tonight - 31 tackles, 70 meters in attack, broke a tackle - its just that5 he is , has been and will continue to play at about 80% because of injury and if the club isnt happy about that they need to send him for surgery now otherwise respect his effort. As for his captaincy I agree he is overly grumpy but he definatly isnt to blame for tonight (although I think in general tonight was just one of those cases where everything comes off for the oppostion and nothing for us) and definatly not for our season - its the blokes who havent been able to get on the field and the sookiness of some of our other players that has been our issue
well guess what BB if he needs an op then he should book himself in on monday morning ,cause our season is well and truly over in our current form .....nearly every player in the game is playing with some kind of injury at this stage of the season...

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:41 pm

and just to add ,,, is his injuries that you read in the paper in his head ,,, because 9 times out of 10 he takes the wrong option .... who tells him to kick on the 3rd or 4th tackle ,,, and if his groin is that bad why is he even kicking ,,, there is plenty of options in our side when it comes to kicking.....go and get your health back to 100% and come back the player we all know he is ....

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:05 pm

The bloke is playing in pain for the good of the team and you blokes are bagging him, just recently had surgey myself (spinal surgery in case you were wondering) after 8 months of just getting on with it in pain and you do think you can just keep going and itll fix itself - the club should be making the decision in Robbies case as they should with all players but especially Robbie - he is doing it because he loves the club and doesent want to give up on a team he thinks can win the comp.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:18 am

There was a moment tonight where Robbie ran from dummy half, got just thru the line and tossed a pass out to where Lote might have been and Mitch Brown wasn't - the ball went over the sideline. Robbie just looked defeated, like 'nothing can go right for us'. He also looks like he doesn't have a friend - no one speaks to him on the field.

I blame the so-called 'clean out', and the position Robbie has been put into in the eyes of many of the other players. This 'clean out' is tearing the heart out of the team. Whatever it achieves, it ain't worth it.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:20 am

Robbie is not well liked amongst some of the team, that's why he appears to have no friends out there.

Posted using RoarFEED

dcdc

Post by dcdc » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:56 am

What a bunch of jokers you all are.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:59 am

Might I add that even if Farah does have an ego, he was basically the difference between this side getting the wooden spoon in 07-08. He has carried us on his back almost sole handedly for years. He has been poor this season, but he is still a class player. He should have went and had his operation earlier in the year.

Posted using RoarFEED

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 7:21 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Robbie is not well liked amongst some of the team, that's why he appears to have no friends out there.

Posted using RoarFEED
Comments like this one worry me. It is stated as a fact with no reference to how you know this to be true. I have been critical of Robbie and his leadership too, but it is based on my observations and is only my opinion. I may very well be wrong.

To add to the topic though, I feel Robbie's decision making is poor at the moment and it is possibly due to trying too hard, or injury, or both. The combinations with Farah, Marshall and Lui seem clunky, clumsy and executed with very little confidence. It doesn't help having a maverick like Marshall who, I also agree with a previous post on here, is taking very low percenatge options week after week. I'm sure they practise more structured plays at training (well, I hope they do) and I feel some of the others in the side are getting jack of Benji's brain explosions. No evidence, just my opinion.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:29 am

You have a point LCA about Benji, he is a champion player but he needs to get his feet back on the ground, he appears to be full of self importance and this doesn't help in a TEAM. He needs to remember that people will build him up but those same people will knock him down especially if his 'magic' stops working, a bit like now. This thread has spoken about Robbie's attitude, I have no personal knowledge to support what is being said and I have a lot of time for Robbie as a player at least as that's all I see but if the comments on this thread are half accurate then we have Robbie and IMO Benji needing to take a reality checks and maybe this has something to do with the cleanout, maybe player want to move on!! In any case, as a member and long time supporter of the club, those who run the club and whose job it is to settle these types of things need to get on with it otherwise we will be sitting with the rorters and titans. Not happy Jan!!!!!

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:07 am

I hope it is the injury which is inhibiting him . I Also think the fact he has a GF ATM is effecting his game , we all know how much of a mans energy a high maintenance women can consume ?

Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:12 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Might I add that even if Farah does have an ego, he was basically the difference between this side getting the wooden spoon in 07-08. He has carried us on his back almost sole handedly for years. He has been poor this season, but he is still a class player. He should have went and had his operation earlier in the year.
Your right initially but your completely wrong bringing up his injury. I saw Robbie run the ball, kick the ball, pass the ball and complete tackles.

His injury cannot be that bad unless..
tiger tigers wrote:and just to add ,,, is his injuries that you read in the paper in his head ,,, because 9 times out of 10 he takes the wrong option .... who tells him to kick on the 3rd or 4th tackle ,
This is the truth. The only injury affecting Farah would be concussion or some damage to his brain because it is really based upon taking the wrong option.

He might need off season surgery but he might not. It won't fix anything unless he fixes his option taking. I saw Wally Lewis destroy the tigers by walking. He wouldn't have been half as fit as Robbie. He just took the right option.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:30 am

LCA wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Robbie is not well liked amongst some of the team, that's why he appears to have no friends out there.

Posted using RoarFEED
Comments like this one worry me. It is stated as a fact with no reference to how you know this to be true. I have been critical of Robbie and his leadership too, but it is based on my observations and is only my opinion. I may very well be wrong.

To add to the topic though, I feel Robbie's decision making is poor at the moment and it is possibly due to trying too hard, or injury, or both. The combinations with Farah, Marshall and Lui seem clunky, clumsy and executed with very little confidence. It doesn't help having a maverick like Marshall who, I also agree with a previous post on here, is taking very low percenatge options week after week. I'm sure they practise more structured plays at training (well, I hope they do) and I feel some of the others in the side are getting jack of Benji's brain explosions. No evidence, just my opinion.
Maverick didnt play a couple of weeks ago,,so he had no benji out there to take his limelight ,,,,so did robbie lift to the next level like all of the gifted talented players do >....no he didnt ...so that blows that theory.....if its injury like some want to blame , then he should have had his surgery.. but i think there is some truth to it ...marshall would have the C beside his name ....

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:31 am

dcdc wrote:What a bunch of jokers you all are.
great post ... it really adds to the topic ......tell us why we are jokers .....