Rub of the green + refs decisions

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
MacDougall

Rub of the green + refs decisions

Post by MacDougall » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:03 pm

Now I know we [edited by mods] hard tonight. That was a worthless display. But Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz did Parra have it gifted to them.

The Tigers getting called up for non-forward passes. The bounce of the ball off the upright TWICE. Refs missing Hayne's massively forward pass that led to their last try. Balls bouncing away from Tigers outstretched and diving hands right back into Parra hands ALL THE DAMN time...

It was a frustrating watch. I can't believe we lost 20-6. With the amount of luck that went against us and how absolutely poor we were we needed to lose that game by 50. They might actually find positives out of 20-6.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:05 pm

lady luck was with parra tonight.
hopefully she will be with wests-tigers for remainder of the season.
we could do with some luck.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:07 pm

MacDougall wrote:Now I know we hard tonight. That was a worthless display. But Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz did Parra have it gifted to them.

The Tigers getting called up for non-forward passes. The bounce of the ball off the upright TWICE. Refs missing Hayne's massively forward pass that led to their last try. Balls bouncing away from Tigers outstretched and diving hands right back into Parra hands ALL THE DAMN time...

It was a frustrating watch. I can't believe we lost 20-6. With the amount of luck that went against us and how absolutely poor we were we needed to lose that game by 50. They might actually find positives out of 20-6.
x 2, but we played like schoolboys tonight. there is nothing worse than making crap look good and thats exactly what we did again. its happened too many times this season. massive changes asap
I dislike sowfs immensely

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:07 pm

The dominant team, rightly or wrongly usually gets the rub of the green. Problem is, I can't recall the last time we were the dominant team

Posted using RoarFEED

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:09 pm

[quote="russelldp"]The dominant team, rightly or wrongly usually gets the rub of the green. Problem is, I can't recall the last time we were the dominant team

September 2005, I think.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:09 pm

Even when we dominated the middle part of the game the calls and bounce of the ball was still against us. We probably should have been up 18-6 at half-time but Lui and McKinnon just don't have a clue how to position players for the last pass and the Parra upright must be remote controlled.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:09 pm

I know mate, but it was only the penalties that kept us in the game for the first 25 mins tonight.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:37 pm

MacDougall wrote:Now I know we [edited by mods] hard tonight. That was a worthless display. But Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz did Parra have it gifted to them.

Absolutely correct. Referees and luck are the two biggest factors in the NRL atm.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:48 pm

Hayne was given a free reign by WTs the bloke was allowed to do what he wanted with no pressure from our defence, had he been hit hard a few times and made to think twice, it could have gone a good way to upsetting their offence.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:51 pm

the referees run the game ......they answer to nobody ....but wasnt the game over at 8-0.. i listened to 23 minutes of the first half and it sounded like we got 4 piggy backs out of our own 20 .. can we really blame the pink guys in the middle for a lack of crativity for the past month or so ?

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:03 pm

Can't blame the refs at all tonight, we got the better of most decisions. Bounce of the ball not going our way at any stage, passes not sticking and severe lack of pace are our real concerns. It's been like this most of the year though, not just tonight.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:02 am

We had no luck, but we didn't deserve to win. We were giving a clinic in how to bomb tries today.

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:13 am

Flippedy wrote:Can't blame the refs at all tonight, we got the better of most decisions. Bounce of the ball not going our way at any stage, passes not sticking and severe lack of pace are our real concerns. It's been like this most of the year though, not just tonight.
we must be the slowest team in the comp..

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 1:05 am

Beau Ryan had 3 tries before half time if people remembered to pass him the ball.

Mckinnon had a certainty off the upright.

so, four tries, and disallow the try scored off a BLATANT forward pass from Hayne, and that is a potential. THIRTY point turnaround.

Even if none of those tries went unconverted, we still smash them.

It's not as bad as everyone makes out.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:06 am

Why can't the video ref rule on forward passes, especially if they result in a try? We were pulled up twice for passes that weren't forward, but none of the officials saw Hayne's pass that went metres forward, apparently.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 8:11 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:Why can't the video ref rule on forward passes, especially if they result in a try? We were pulled up twice for passes that weren't forward, but none of the officials saw Hayne's pass that went metres forward, apparently.
I sought of understand why they cant rule on forward passes, especially some of the close ones the camera angle wouldn't get it right.

We didn't play well enough, the refs weren't to bad.

However I almost chocked when all the officials and the commentators missed that forward pass of Haynes. The 9 team were raving about it.

Luck didn't go our way either but at the end of the day we were not good enough.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:15 am

That same goal post padding cost us 12 points on its own!

Post by 2041 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:22 am

If you play well you can afford to be a bit unlucky.