Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The Positive

Post by smeghead » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:26 pm

The biggest positive of last night was that those players confirmed as moving on with the exception of Payten proved the right call was made in forcing them out the backdoor at a great rate of knots

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:37 pm

Spot on, as usual Smeg.

Payten is retiring anyway so he doesn't really count as being forced out.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:54 pm

I agree. Its also time for Payten to retire.

We also need to get rid of Fulton or find him a role where he can really fit in. I don't think any other team has made him an offer therefore he stays. It'll be interesting if he stays when his contract finishes up.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 1:02 pm

smeghead wrote:The biggest positive of last night was that those players confirmed as moving on with the exception of Payten proved the right call was made in forcing them out the backdoor at a great rate of knots
Yeah good call - if we can substitute the players leaving with players in the lower grades who want to have a dig then that would even better.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 1:06 pm

yeah good call smeg .....but we need 3-4 good signings to improve the current mob.....
as for fulton .. they tried to offload him,if we get somebody better he will captain wests.....
state cup team

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 1:27 pm

Yep agree mate.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:38 pm

tiger tigers wrote:yeah good call smeg .....but we need 3-4 good signings to improve the current mob.....
as for fulton .. they tried to offload him,if we get somebody better he will captain wests.....
state cup team
I think your wrong there.

Yes I am sure they tried to unload him and they couldn't but have you ever seen Sheens drop players like Fulton. He will get rid of them but he won't not play them in first grade.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 3:23 pm

smeghead wrote:The biggest positive of last night was that those players confirmed as moving on with the exception of Payten proved the right call was made in forcing them out the backdoor at a great rate of knots
I think that is being harsh on Gibbs. I thought he kept trying all night when on the field.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 3:32 pm

Close look at who we are probably losing....

Mckinnon - Busted plain and simple. Should not play First Grade again.
Brown and Ryan - Average trundlers, slugs
Fulton - Very average
Gibbs - Average
Fifita and Moltzen - Talented. but too much ego and petulance for mine. Half efforts.
Heighto - This one has me beat a little. Not a world beater but brings a consistent attitude. Plays alot of 7/10 games

So overall, as long as we get a couple of "elite" players and our hugely talented 20's get some opportunities we will be better off down the track. However we prepared for a shocking end to 2011.

sameulcon

Post by sameulcon » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 3:37 pm

A big positive was the return of Chris Lawrence. He looked a threat when he had the ball. Give him a couple of weeks and he will be back to his best. He surprised me with his performance last night. And when benji gets back to 100% we will see the Marshall/Lawrence combination again. I liked what I saw with Todd payten as well. He is skillful for such a big guy and he is one player we have missed this season.

magpie2tiger

Post by magpie2tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:41 am

Sorry guys.the reason we are loosing is because we have had the worst luck with injuries.AS soon as we get the finishers back on the wings I guarantee the Tigers will make a run for it.KEEP THE FAITH

Posted using RoarFEED

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 6:09 pm

Just remembering the excitement at the beginning of this year, when not only Tigers fans, but football experts, were tipping Tigers as a grand final prospect.
I love my Tigers, don't get me wrong.......but I am wanting to sleep until the season is over.
And I am not thinking 2012 will be so great either.
Can a coach outlive his effectiveness?
POSITIVES...I saw the fat lady sing.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 6:13 pm

magpie2tiger wrote:Sorry guys.the reason we are loosing is because we have had the worst luck with injuries.AS soon as we get the finishers back on the wings I guarantee the Tigers will make a run for it.KEEP THE FAITH

cant agree ... we have had our playmakers most of the time..
Posted using RoarFEED

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 6:15 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Just remembering the excitement at the beginning of this year, when not only Tigers fans, but football experts, were tipping Tigers as a grand final prospect.
I love my Tigers, don't get me wrong.......but I am wanting to sleep until the season is over.
And I am not thinking 2012 will be so great either.
Can a coach outlive his effectiveness?
POSITIVES...I saw the fat lady sing.
hahahahahaha i love your last line ......but hang in there has to be a few good signings coming next year ... our under 20s are too young and raw to throw into the mix next season all at once....