MacDougall

Re: Thoughts on Lui

Post by MacDougall » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:13 pm

alien wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
alien wrote:
FootyJimmy wrote:Still easily the best option we got
wrong
If you think Miller is a better option right now than Lui, then you are mistaken. Miller has no combinations with the side, he would be as useful as Ray Thompson. A passenger watching the proceedings. Miller is a skillful player, fantastic talent, but Lui is going to be far more effective than Miller for us this year...
nope. moltzen
Moltzen just showed that he can be a dangerous fullback. Why would you move Moltzen back to halfback after he just played well at fullback and Lui played well at halfback? Especially against the Roosters, when both of them have a real chance to grow some form against a side whose season is over.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:14 pm

Ah the old lui thread. What would we do without it after every game? Almost getting to the fitzy or Morris stage

Posted using RoarFEED

alien

Post by alien » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:15 pm

lui and moltzen had average games. moltzen hasnt shown much this year because he has been out of position most of the year. lui hasnt shown much this year because he hasnt been up to firstgrade standard

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:16 pm

When has Moltzen shown that he is a better option at halfback than Lui, except for 2 years ago?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:16 pm

Lui played well. He is our best option.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:20 pm

His kicking game was great tonight, in fact it was probably our best kicking game of the year due to him. He is our best option.
Last edited by benjibrotown on Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alien

Post by alien » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:21 pm

MacDougall wrote:When has Moltzen shown that he is a better option at halfback than Lui, except for 2 years ago?
when he has been allowed to play in the halves with benji. we have won most games when that has happened

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:36 pm

When Moltzen has been given the halfback role alongside Benji this season, he has been poor. Lui has been slightly less poor. Lui was very good in our great season last year. Moltzen was excellent the season before. Lui is still ahead imo.

But, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and at times I have lost faith in Lui too. This game redeemed him for now in my eyes.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:49 pm

benjibrotown wrote:His kicking game was great tonight, in fact it was probably our best kicking game of the year due to him. He is our best option.
i agree, took the line on as well, but kicking game 1st class. :deadhorse:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:50 pm

micko252 wrote:CHRIST!!!! We win and yet most ppl still whinge and wine!!! Wish you'd all piss off to the rabbitohs

Posted using RoarFEED
People see more than just the score.

Imo hes never going to be a half, sheens will stubbornly persist with him much like Morris

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:06 am

micko252 wrote:CHRIST!!!! We win and yet most ppl still whinge and wine!!! Wish you'd all piss off to the rabbitohs

Posted using RoarFEED
every set of supporters whinge
i don't know why people have this attitude of 'go follow the rabbitohs' if they are gonna whinge,as if saying rabbitohs fans have a reputation for whinging more then others
so wat,do you think tigers fans are above that or something?
:crazy

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:58 am

Don't love him but best performance since the first few rounds.

Good boot. Saw more ball then Marshall which I didnt think was good

Posted using RoarFEED
tigers!

micko252

Post by micko252 » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 1:22 am

Gnr4life all u do on here is whinge!! I've never read a post nor comment from you that was supportive!! No I'm not saying where above anyone so as to your comment I typed rabbitohs as they where the first that popped in my head. I'm sick of seeing u hijack every post with your snide and sinister remarks!! U and alot of others on here to be fair!! FFS do u love or hate the tigers? Coz all I read is hate

Posted using RoarFEED

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 1:28 am

benjibrotown wrote:His kicking game was great tonight, in fact it was probably our best kicking game of the year due to him. He is our best option.
I watched his game closely and he had one good kick tonight. ONE.
The other good kicks came from Benji and Robbie.

IMO if you are pleased with Lui at half then what you are saying is either:
1 - "he's our best option" - That's sad. Firstly, he is not. Secondly, we shouldn't settle.
2 - "he's a good halfback" - He is not. Evidenced by our cheering if he gets through 20 minutes mistake-free.
3 - "he's got potential" - Maybe. But we've waited long enough and he's still below par.

Regarding potential, I support giving the young guns a go, but once they've had their chance and failed then....to borrow a quote - “Waiting is a trap. There will always be reasons to wait. The truth is, there are only two things in life, reasons and results, and reasons simply don't count.”

Disagree all you like, but don't call me disloyal or a Rabbitohs fan just because I refuse to settle for mediocrity.

I've said it before, I'd rather have no halfback at all than Lui. Worst case, put another centre or winger in, at least they will run off Benj/Robbie effectively and won't trick the rest of the team into thinking there is another genuine playmaker out there!

Sad thing for me (and all that agree) is, that it doesn't matter how much we may rant and rave on these forums, Lui will keep getting picked. forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=68&p=205 ... 1310828101#
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 1:33 am

micko252 wrote:Gnr4life all u do on here is whinge!! I've never read a post nor comment from you that was supportive!! No I'm not saying where above anyone so as to your comment I typed rabbitohs as they where the first that popped in my head. I'm sick of seeing u hijack every post with your snide and sinister remarks!! U and alot of others on here to be fair!! FFS do u love or hate the tigers? Coz all I read is hate

Posted using RoarFEED
do you know what hijacking a thread means? it means you use that thread as a tool to rant about something totaly off-topic.I'm sure considering i do this on every thread, you won't have any trouble giving me an eaxmple of this?

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 1:35 am

Tiger_heart wrote:Isn't there any NRL club chasing him? :shock: :D :D UK SuperLeague ?? :) :) Picton Group 7 ? :D :D :D
Honestly, what the coach sees in him is beyond me (and has been for months!)
It's just Fitzhenry with a makeover :D

micko252

Post by micko252 » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 1:44 am

GNR4LIFE 10.38pm Sun 10 Jul
what about after the Warriors game when they were stranded in Auckland,and they come out and said that being stranded was a 'blessing in disguise' and it brought them 'closer together',and will have a positive affect? pfft all talk and no action

Yeah really positive

Posted using RoarFEED

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 2:17 am

He is improving with each game. Those people bagging on him after tonight probably didn't watch the entire game. I'm sure Tim Sheens knows a little more about coaching than 90% of us do. Its common knowledge that if you mess someone around, their performance will be messed around. Shuffling Miller and Lui about would not do any good.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.