Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
tiger05

Re: Time to go Robert Lui..........

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:36 pm

underdog wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
weststigerman wrote:Some people on this forum either have really low IQs or are just whining little b*tches.
Your right there. They mustn't be Tiger supporters.
Or Laurie Daley.
Yep - that guy is a moron.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:43 pm

He actually had a good second half and on his defense, we gave Benji and Lawrence a lot of latitude in their early days. Okay I would probably have Moltzen or Miller playing 7, but I would not be changing anything now

DJZ

Post by DJZ » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:50 pm

Was I watching the same game ? I thought he had a good game...

alien

Post by alien » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:15 pm

MacDougall wrote:Lol he should have been dropped in round 2, it's too late now to experiment with new halves.
nar it isnt. moltzen and benji have played in the halves together enough to know eachothers games

alien

Post by alien » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:16 pm

tiger05 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Sheens dropping someone? HAHA what a laugh!!

Posted using RoarFEED
He dropped the statue.
mckinnon wasnt dropped. he is injured. moltzen is faster but why does mckinnon gets to more bombs than moltzen.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:14 am

supercoach wrote:He actually had a good second half and on his defense, we gave Benji and Lawrence a lot of latitude in their early days. Okay I would probably have Moltzen or Miller playing 7, but I would not be changing anything now
Agreed completely- one rule for the favoured, another for the unfavoured.

Lui's defence is weird- some plays he looks up for it, others he's all over the place. I saw him put a couple of decent hits in, but also saw the effort on Friend on the no-try.

IMO he's the best halfback option at the club, and should be retained at #7 until someone proves to be better. I thought Moltzen was the answer, but have seen no evidence of that this year, and Miller is the darling of the NYC supporters crew- yet has shown very little in his limited 1st grade appearances. Could he be good? Quite possibly. But he's not better than Lui yet.

To me, he looks like a player lacking confidence. Could be a lack of experience, could be a by-product of being the official "option 3" in attack behind Benji & Farah & is, as a result, reluctant to try to much so as to not look unreliable if it doesn't come off.

His defence is no worse than Benji's used to be at the same stage in their careers. And Lawrence, until recently, while having the technique, was one of the worst defensive reading players I'd seen. Sheens stuck with both, and rightly so. I think Lui's in the same boat.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:49 am

lui has been pretty bad all year though, and atleast benji and lawrence normally made up for it in attack. lui really started to improve towards the end of last year which is why i am so disappointed with how he has gone this season. i think we let the wrong player go in moltzen.

habibsta33

Post by habibsta33 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:00 am

stryker wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:Geo

He made simple linking passes...any half can do that. Miller could do that. No one doubts Lui can link.

The issue is his D.
Agreed 100% he has not come on this year. He is not the future IMO.
I disagree. Yes he isnt having a good year but you could almost say his suffering a case of second year sydrome when you take into account that he only played 2 or 3 games in 2009. We all saw the potential this kid has at the back end of last year and Tim Sheens knows talent when he sees it and he has massive wraps on this kid. In the long term i think he is the future so im choosing to reserve my judgement until the first month of the 2012 season after his had a full off season to work on his defence. Afterall, Benji couldnt tackle, soward once couldnt tackle, the legendary darren lockyer couldnt tackle and even the likes of jarryd hayne suffered from second year syndrome so lets just give hime some time because its too late too make changes in such a vital position anyway and we all know its never going to happen

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 3:03 am

I'm very rarely with sheensy but I'm with him on this one. Lui must stay at 7. Gotta say I love the weekly lui bashing threads always good for a laugh.

Posted using RoarFEED

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:46 am

I think he has shown enough to persevere.

No one here has better option do they?

Please don't say Moltzen and Miller isn't ready.

Tigerjosh99

Post by Tigerjosh99 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:58 am

laury daily cannot commentant last night he keep saying stuff good about the roosters and when there was a minute to go and it was 19 12 he said that roosters can still do this and it really annoyed me

Tigerjosh99

Post by Tigerjosh99 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:59 am

and farah played another horrible game with his usally kick out on the full

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:08 am

Lui is terrible
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

DJZ

Post by DJZ » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:40 am

I think allot of people forget he is only 21. I think the more game time and experience the better he will get. Last night he played allot better than the last few weeks.....

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:22 am

yeah he's missed the odd tackle, but surely he's making up for it in attack. him and marshall are starting to get a pretty decent combo happening...

lay off lui i say - soward was very similar to him a year or so ago.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:24 am

Pokies wrote: the weekly lui bashing threads always good for a laugh.
its disgusting... labelling a player who is giving his all as terrible...

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:31 am

lol...what a topic, what a thread, no offense but the only thing missing is brains. If you are a dead beat feel free to contribute.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

slacko

Post by slacko » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:39 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:
supercoach wrote:He actually had a good second half and on his defense, we gave Benji and Lawrence a lot of latitude in their early days. Okay I would probably have Moltzen or Miller playing 7, but I would not be changing anything now
Agreed completely- one rule for the favoured, another for the unfavoured.

Lui's defence is weird- some plays he looks up for it, others he's all over the place. I saw him put a couple of decent hits in, but also saw the effort on Friend on the no-try.

IMO he's the best halfback option at the club, and should be retained at #7 until someone proves to be better. I thought Moltzen was the answer, but have seen no evidence of that this year, and Miller is the darling of the NYC supporters crew- yet has shown very little in his limited 1st grade appearances. Could he be good? Quite possibly. But he's not better than Lui yet.

To me, he looks like a player lacking confidence. Could be a lack of experience, could be a by-product of being the official "option 3" in attack behind Benji & Farah & is, as a result, reluctant to try to much so as to not look unreliable if it doesn't come off.

His defence is no worse than Benji's used to be at the same stage in their careers. And Lawrence, until recently, while having the technique, was one of the worst defensive reading players I'd seen. Sheens stuck with both, and rightly so. I think Lui's in the same boat.
im with you guys, miller has shown nothing with his brief time in first grade, lui is not as bad as you guys say, he is 22 still?? if he was to be replaced it would have to be with someone who is either playing a lot better than he, or someone with a wealth of experience.

who made the most miss tackles in the game last night?
eternal optimist.