Time to go Robert Lui..........

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
prattenpark

Re: Time to go Robert Lui..........

Post by prattenpark » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:59 am

I thought he was pretty good overall last night.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:28 pm

While i am not a Lui fan he was ok last night ,but no one is commenting on Benji he did not impress me last night i just think something is just not right with him injured ,sick ,not happy any thoughts

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:33 pm

I thought he went well.

Actually put his body into defence for the most part. I think he, Fulton and Ayshford worked much better in combination than when Dwyer was on his inside and he should grow in confidence.

He was quite a calming influence in the halves and made alot of good decisions. Considering Farah is terrible when overplaying and Marshall was not at 100% I think he played a great foil.

Like the majority of young halves he struggles when isolated in defence but thats what happens

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:17 pm

He played much better last night BUT he needs to use his shoulder in defence. He looked much better with the ball in hand last night which was pleasing.

Swannie47

Post by Swannie47 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:23 pm

I thought Lui was good last night. His defence is no worse than Benji at the same age so that will improve over time.

Posted using RoarFEED
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:50 pm

mtd wrote:yeah he's missed the odd tackle, but surely he's making up for it in attack. him and marshall are starting to get a pretty decent combo happening...

lay off lui i say - soward was very similar to him a year or so ago.
The odd tackle dude last against parra he missed 11 tackles but it's usually his misses that lead to a try whether it's goal line or 40 meters out that leads to a break then a try. Lawrence was never a bad defender he made poor reads when he first came in but no one ran over him Lui gets steam rolled 90% of the time it's pathetic

sameulcon

Post by sameulcon » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:56 pm

smoking gun wrote:
mtd wrote:yeah he's missed the odd tackle, but surely he's making up for it in attack. him and marshall are starting to get a pretty decent combo happening...

The odd tackle dude last against parra he missed 11 tackles but it's usually his misses that lead to a try whether it's goal line or 40 meters out that leads to a break then a try. Lawrence was never a bad defender he made poor reads when he first came in but no one ran over him Lui gets steam rolled 90% of the time it's pathetic
Smoking gun you have any info on Lui for next season? Please tell me he is on his way to Broncos or Cowboys and we have signed somebody to replace the speed bump.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 3:34 pm

weststigerman wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Sheens dropping someone? HAHA what a laugh!!

Posted using RoarFEED
Mckinnon last week, Fifita tonight. Yeah you're right, Sheens never drops players. :roll:

Some people on this forum either have really low IQs or are just whining little b*tches.
McKinnon is injured, not dropped.

Tell me how many players Sheens has dropped in his nine years with the club?

And I have a low IQ? :crazy

For the record, the bagging Lui cops is way over the top. He is not half as bad as some people make out.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 3:37 pm

smoking gun wrote:

Against Parramatta he was terrible, however in the last two weeks he has not missed that many tackles.

Only two last week, and only four last night I believe. Normal for a young half who occasionally will be isolated in defence.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 4:21 pm

The trouble with Lui is we all now look for his bad tackles - I've seen the guy make the occasional great covering tackle and do some clean up around the ruck this year.

He also made a blinder against Aubisson in the semi last year.

My problem with his defense is it always seems to lead to tries when he makes a bad miss. Maybe he needs to be partnered with someone better in defense... who is he partnered with currently?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 4:24 pm

If only Lui dived on the Utai kick he would've scored... Instead he tried to pick it up and knocked on.... Oh did anyone hear the praise L.Daley gave anasta for saving the try??? He didn't do anything... Didn't get close to the ball!! Daley is such a tool!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 4:25 pm

Blackandwhite wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:Geo

He made simple linking passes...any half can do that. Miller could do that. No one doubts Lui can link.

The issue is his D.
Lui isn't a half back.. But he won't get dropped because there is no one better to replace him.

Watched Miller very closely the last two weeks and his Defence is worse than Lui's.

Who else Moltzen ? Nope.... Sironen ? Nope
Thats surprising man, because when he had a couple of goes at NRL I was more than impressed with his attitude towards defence.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:59 pm

IMO Lui has been better the last 2 weeks, but i find myself screaming in frustrating at him more than any other tiger.
His mistakes always seem to be costly!

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:46 pm

Lui still has a lot of work to do on his defence, this Friday night will be a big test for him Manly will target him for sure. He has improved over the last two games as others have said but he needs to commit himself in defence in order to improve, again as others have said his misses often cost us points.
As for Daley, his commentary was biased his comments were focused on what the rorters needed to do to win the game didn't hear much praise from him for the Wests Tigers which might seem like a good thing but he is supposed to be an independent commentator. Similar thing this morning on the 9 footy show when Sterling was shaping up to bag the Wests Tigers however Fitler, Johns and Paul Gallen talked us up so Sterling changed his approach it was funny to watch.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:09 pm

After just watching the game again, there were 2 things where Lui did not put his body on the line. The Roosters no try just before half time and where he did not dive on the ball when he should have scored a try. Otherwise he went ok.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:15 pm

He needs to be covered in defense on friday or Manly will run riot through him. They are not the sort of side you can shirtgrab.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO PUT ANOTHER HALFBACK IN

RATHER PLAY 12 vs 13. AT LEAST WE WONT RELY ON HIM IN DEFENSE.

FOR THOSE TIGERS FANS WHO WANT TO KEEP HIM YOU HAVE TO REALIZE:

POTENTIAL IS FOR UNDER 20'S AND RESERVE GRADE, NOT FIRST GRADE!!!!

SHEESH
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 10:51 am

Manly have some big men like rose, kite, watmough and king, they will have a party is this isnt rectified. I cant understand why lui tried to pick up the ball when all he had to do was dive on it, or place his hand on the ball. Anasta should have been penalised as well for his push in the back to lui.