In honour of those

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
stryker

Re: In honour of those

Post by stryker » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:34 pm

tiger05 wrote:Sheens looks smart tonight because we won.

As someone who sticks up for him I should also state that Utai is okay on the bench but Brown isn't. Liam is a gun player in certain situations. Those situations are never when we need metres in our own half.

I think we didn't play a top team and you can get away with that sort of stuff.

To be fair all the muppets on here that would choose McKinnon over Moltzen are 100 times worse than Sheens. If the statue was chosen I reckon we lose that game. Moltzen saves a critical try. If the statue was there the roosters score and it is a different game.

I am basically agreeing with you however it should be qualified that a lot of posters on here if they were choosing the team would have lost us the game or at a minimum put us in a much worse situation.
Talking crap again....1 regulation try saving tackle and 38 meters with the ball in hand does not make you a great fullback.

alien

Post by alien » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:41 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Why is anyone surprised? Sheens use of the bench has always been appalling.

Posted using RoarFEED
yes but i think it just got worse :lol:

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:58 pm

I think the problem was Mitch Brown. I can understand Utai because I feel he can be used a semi-forward anyway, while still covering the backs in case of injury.

But Brown as well?

That was a head-scratcher.

Might be more about leaving someone out, rather than who he put in- leaving Fifita out means that Sheens has put a line through him perhaps?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:29 am

Brown should be at fullback, problem solved.

Posted using RoarFEED

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:32 am

We won't get away with that bench against Manly next week. think about it though we played a 3 man bench really... he only has that extra player there in case of a injury

alien

Post by alien » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:46 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Brown should be at fullback, problem solved.
sounds good to me. he went alright at fullback towards the end of last year and we need to see if he is up to it next year

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 5:28 am

supercoach wrote:Why is anyone suprised??? Sheen's bench selections and their use have been horrible for years
shouldn't be surprised, but it's hit a new low hasn't it?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 5:40 am

stryker wrote:

As someone who sticks up for him I should also state that Utai is okay on the bench but Brown isn't. Liam is a gun player in certain situations. Those situations are never when we need metres in our own half.

To be fair all the muppets on here that would choose McKinnon over Moltzen are 100 times worse than Sheens. If the statue was chosen I reckon we lose that game. Moltzen saves a critical try. If the statue was there the roosters score and it is a different game.

I am basically agreeing with you however it should be qualified that a lot of posters on here if they were choosing the team would have lost us the game or at a minimum put us in a much worse situation.
Talking crap again....1 regulation try saving tackle and 38 meters with the ball in hand does not make you a great fullback.
Yes it does Stryker If Tiger05 says it does it does
He is a guru
He has possibly the greatest football mind on this Forum
We are not worthy of his presence
Moltzen and Tiger 05 are Gods

Craig_D

Post by Craig_D » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 7:41 am

The selections were smart.. People seem to have forgotten that last night was the 1st game back for a long time for Utai and Lote, and only the 3rd game back for Lawrence.. What would of happened if 1, 2 or even the 3 of them had of aggravated their injuries?? I tell u what would of happened, u would all be whinging about how sheens stuffed up the selections by not covering these guys - oh wait, there's whinging any way!! Good selections Tim against a lesser side.. Now that they have a game under their belt and have come out of it injury free, now gives u more options for our run into the finals..

Posted using RoarFEED

tigeralex

Post by tigeralex » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 7:57 am

[quote="Craig_D"]The selections were smart.. People seem to have forgotten that last night was the 1st game back for a long time for Utai and Lote, and only the 3rd game back for Lawrence.. What would of happened if 1, 2 or even the 3 of them had of aggravated their injuries?? I tell u what would of happened, u would all be whinging about how sheens stuffed up the selections by not covering these guys - oh wait, there's whinging any way!! Good selections Tim against a lesser side.. Now that they have a game under their belt and have come out of it injury free, now gives u more options for our run

Don't be using logic and sense around here mate, it's not acceptable.
Good post

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:37 am

I was surprised as anyone when Bryan moved into the back row, but I figured Sheens was favouring some mobility in the slippery conditions, and Beau ended up showing some ticker, so good on him. I'll save my gripes for losses.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:53 am

Happy with the win, the boys all put in and the completion rate was exceptional. That said, we won in spite of the bench not because of it.

Posted using RoarFEED
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:05 am

happy tiger wrote:
stryker wrote:

Yes it does Stryker If Tiger05 says it does it does
He is a guru
He has possibly the greatest football mind on this Forum
We are not worthy of his presence
Moltzen and Tiger 05 are Gods
Happy - you are also a pretty smart bloke. Keep up the good work.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:23 am

Craig_D wrote:The selections were smart.. People seem to have forgotten that last night was the 1st game back for a long time for Utai and Lote, and only the 3rd game back for Lawrence.. What would of happened if 1, 2 or even the 3 of them had of aggravated their injuries?? I tell u what would of happened, u would all be whinging about how sheens stuffed up the selections by not covering these guys - oh wait, there's whinging any way!! Good selections Tim against a lesser side.. Now that they have a game under their belt and have come out of it injury free, now gives u more options for our run into the finals..

Posted using RoarFEED
What would of happened if we went to Golden point? Im just glad they called that roosters pass forward....if the refs got that right we're going to golden point at 18-18......our forwards, our REAL ones were buggered at 70 mins even with a penalty count heavily weighed in our favour.....I wouldnt have fancied our chances in GP...took us 3 goes to slot a 1 pointer in reg. time
In reality it shouldve been a 1 point win to us....Sheens labelled it our best win of the year

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:33 am

did he really ink ?.....o well he has a few people still in his trances.....ill take the win ,, but hye got lucky and the real teams will blow us away if he continues ....but thats reality ....some like fairy tales ...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:16 am

tiger tigers wrote:did he really ink ?.....o well he has a few people still in his trances.....ill take the win ,, but hye got lucky and the real teams will blow us away if he continues ....but thats reality ....some like fairy tales ...
Tigers coach Sheens said his side's performance was their best of the season but warned the players not to start believing their own hype.

"We won on the back of some very good completed sets, the best we have had all year," Sheens said.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 1hukg.html

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:44 pm

tiger05 wrote:To be fair all the muppets on here that would choose McKinnon over Moltzen are 100 times worse than Sheens. If the statue was chosen I reckon we lose that game. Moltzen saves a critical try. If the statue was there the roosters score and it is a different game.
Ba ha ha ha.

Moltzen is the worst fullback in the competition.

The highlight reel is one tackle, a good one. The reel doesn't show his feet meekly planted on the ground wishing he could dissapear into the turf on every bomb or leaving the shortest guy on the field to jump for it while he was scratching his backside.

Back on the actual topic the bench was a terrible choice. Utai showed what he offers to start the sets off and Beau should probably have filled the bench spot.

The lack of Fifita was a masterstroke though and I thought it gave Woods a chance to really work and prove his mettle.

Payten adds so much to our play but we need an extra go forward man

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:00 pm

We won so its no big deal. I personality wouldnt have the same bench on Friday night against Manly. But we won and Sheens has 20 more years experience then all of us so I dont have a problem with it.