In honour of those

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
king sirro

In honour of those

Post by king sirro » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:35 pm

who say "where are the haters now?" (when we win).........well im here ready to unload on an idiot coach, win lose or draw.

I love to be positve, and im so happy with the win, but.........

please Sheens lovers, explain this? 2.....yes 2 wingers on the bench after publicly stated we are having a cleanout because we need to be bigger and stronger. Explain how for a long period in the first half we had Beau Ryan at lock and Liam Fulton in the second row. Thats a small winger in the pack and the smallest baclrower in the comp. Can anyone explain the logic in this?

No offence to Beau and Liam, both guys put in, expecially Beau, he was great.......but honestly, can we afford to do this next week against Manly?

What is the coach thinking?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:38 pm

Ever watched Homer Simpson thinking?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:38 pm

Yes the coach was lucky tonight what a shocker seeing Ryan in the forwards hitting the ball up.He got away with it but the bench will have to be better next week.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:41 pm

I agree KS, bloody ridiculous!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:43 pm

Sheens looks smart tonight because we won.

As someone who sticks up for him I should also state that Utai is okay on the bench but Brown isn't. Liam is a gun player in certain situations. Those situations are never when we need metres in our own half.

I think we didn't play a top team and you can get away with that sort of stuff.

To be fair all the muppets on here that would choose McKinnon over Moltzen are 100 times worse than Sheens. If the statue was chosen I reckon we lose that game. Moltzen saves a critical try. If the statue was there the roosters score and it is a different game.

I am basically agreeing with you however it should be qualified that a lot of posters on here if they were choosing the team would have lost us the game or at a minimum put us in a much worse situation.
Last edited by tiger05 on Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:43 pm

Very hard to disagree King Sirro. Four wingers in the 17 is crazy. Beau did everything he could, but it was David and Goliath out there for around 15 - 20 minutes when CW had a spell. And that period coincided with Masoe, close to the biggest man in NRL coming on for Roosters.

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:49 pm

Lets not forget he used 16 players for approx 70 minutes.
Our bloke were knackered against a massive pack.....it was a good effort from them but just idiocy from Sheens - he's lost it big time

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:50 pm

king sirro wrote:who say "where are the haters now?" (when we win).........well im here ready to unload on an idiot coach, win lose or draw.

please Sheens lovers, explain this? 2.....yes 2 wingers on the bench after publicly stated we are having a cleanout because we need to be bigger and stronger. Explain how for a long period in the first half we had Beau Ryan at lock and Liam Fulton in the second row. Thats a small winger in the pack and the smallest baclrower in the comp. Can anyone explain the logic in this?

No offence to Beau and Liam, both guys put in, expecially Beau, he was great.......but honestly, can we afford to do this next week against Man

Matey..I have commented on this earlier. You are right. But before I go on..Liam Fulton was great. Teflon Tim does not like backs on hie bench..eg 5 mins for Meany, and a few years ago, o mins for that red hair twirp who went to GC (and came back). so he puts 2 on the bench fw. After last week when the young boys he wants , Groat and Woods (and Fifita , no wants) put on a good performance, he changes with Payten (always doubtful. Ryan , also doubtful) ..His selections are moronic..of an old man who is struggling..I cannot stand him.

Bones

Post by Bones » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:51 pm

If we win the comp with the same strategy will it still be a problem? I don't think it's a long term solution but it actually worked well so i'm not sure what the issue is, it's not like we were dominated up the middle.

Posted using RoarFEED

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:57 pm

Bones wrote:If we win the comp with the same strategy will it still be a problem? I don't think it's a long term solution but it actually worked well so i'm not sure what the issue is, it's not like we were dominated up the middle.

Posted using RoarFEED
As big of a supporter of Tim as I am, you'd have to say you cant win the comp with 2 backs on the bench. I have to agree with the majority here, I just don't understand the reasoning behind 2 backs on the bench.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:00 pm

Why is anyone suprised??? Sheen's bench selections and their use have been horrible for years

alien

Post by alien » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:10 pm

king sirro wrote:who say "where are the haters now?" (when we win).........well im here ready to unload on an idiot coach, win lose or draw.

No offence to Beau and Liam, both guys put in, expecially Beau, he was great.......but honestly, can we afford to do this next week against Manly?

no we cant do that against manly. we were lucky we were playing a very average roosters team tonight. hopefully we get a couple more guys back next week because we will need to play better than we did tonight if we are going to beat manly. im happy we got the 2 points though

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:12 pm

1. Brown should not have been in the 17, fifita or flanagan would have been better choices

2. Also it appeared to me that when baeu went to the backrow he made alot of tackles in a short period of time , can't believe I am about to say this ,but i thought baeu was good value in the back row . In saying that I would never do that again , despite making the tackles he never won the ruck .

3. We can't pick 2 wingers on the bench next week , we can't even have 1 winger on the bench .

4. In sheens I Trust , if he picks them , I will back them .

Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:20 pm

tiger05 wrote:Sheens looks smart tonight because we won.

As someone who sticks up for him I should also state that Utai is okay on the bench but Brown isn't. Liam is a gun player in certain situations. Those situations are never when we need metres in our own half.

I think we didn't play a top team and you can get away with that sort of stuff.

To be fair all the muppets on here that would choose McKinnon over Moltzen are 100 times worse than Sheens. If the statue was chosen I reckon we lose that game. Moltzen saves a critical try. If the statue was there the roosters score and it is a different game.

I am basically agreeing with you however it should be qualified that a lot of posters on here if they were choosing the team would have lost us the game or at a minimum put us in a much worse situation.
give it a rest tiger05 ,, your getting very boring ....moltzen has nothing to do with this thread

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:23 pm

Bones wrote:If we win the comp with the same strategy will it still be a problem? I don't think it's a long term solution but it actually worked well so i'm not sure what the issue is, it's not like we were dominated up the middle.

Posted using RoarFEED
hey bones are you laughing when you post this? two wingers and two forwards who are in doubt on the bench ,, sheens got lucky tonight .... he wont get lucky against a topline opposition....

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:27 pm

Why is anyone surprised? Sheens use of the bench has always been appalling.

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:35 pm

Boy do we need some grunt up front if we pick the same side next week Manly by 20 and please can someone tell these fowards instead of getting the ball and then start running run onto the ball.And if we have the same bench god help us on second thoughts he thinks the bench stinks too

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:38 pm

2 in a row....great win.....and of course great preparation and game plan ah. :shock: