ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
tiger05

Farah

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:14 am

I thought he had his usual game.

His short kicking game is atrocious. His long kicking game is in my opinion pretty good despite the one he kicked out on the full. His overall game is probably reasonable at this point but he struggles to get any meters out of dummy half.

Overall I don't think he is performing like a top tier player and he hasn't been for a while. The thing that gets to me is that he seems to make most of his mistakes when we are on the attack within the opposition 20 meter line. If that changes and he takes the right option there I think we are going to be a much better team.

Thoughts ?

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:19 am

Needs to be told to never ever kick the ball...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:23 am

Think you will find the groin is affecting his short kicking game guys You need to have a good feel for short kicks and with the problems he is having it won't be helping . His short kicking game was usually pretty good until the injury happened . We will see after next season and surgery

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:25 am

happy tiger wrote:Think you will find the groin is affecting his short kicking game guys You need to have a good feel for short kicks and with the problems he is having it won't be helping . His short kicking game was usually pretty good until the injury happened . We will see after next season and surgery
It's not so much his execution which is annoying, it his options! He seems to take the WRONG option 8 times out of 10...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:29 am

He needs to stop trying to milk a penalty by catching the markers off side because it looks like the refs wont give them anymore. He's tried at least 50 times and still hasn't snagged a penalty. All he does with that is waste a tackle.

He also needs to stop kicking backwards for touch from a penalty. All he has to do is walk back off the mark and the defensive line has to stay where it is.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:36 am

Chris wrote:He needs to stop trying to milk a penalty by catching the markers off side because it looks like the refs wont give them anymore. He's tried at least 50 times and still hasn't snagged a penalty. All he does with that is waste a tackle.

He also needs to stop kicking backwards for touch from a penalty. All he has to do is walk back off the mark and the defensive line has to stay where it is.
Most dummy halves nowdays in this situation will try to make as much metreage as possible....Farah runs into the offside player (or player he thinks is offside) and just stops.

ROBBIE- write on restaurant blackboard 100 times:
"Dummy half running is frowned upon nowadays, not good for Ruperts TV product, I will not be rewarded for this anymore."

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:38 am

happy tiger wrote:Think you will find the groin is affecting his short kicking game guys You need to have a good feel for short kicks and with the problems he is having it won't be helping . His short kicking game was usually pretty good until the injury happened . We will see after next season and surgery
His injury (if he has it at all) has nothing to do with his atrocious poor kicks. He kicks especially when we are on the attack are probably the wrong option 90% of the time.

This to me is the biggest criticism of Sheens as a coach. Any other coach surely by no would have told him never to kick it when we are in the opposition 20 meter line.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:39 am

ROBBIE- write on restaurant blackboard 100 times:
"Dummy half running is frowned upon nowadays, not good for Ruperts TV product, I will not be rewarded for this anymore."[/quote]

However, the chef's special tonight is... :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:40 am

gee i thought his last two have been a lot better ...i agree with his dummy half runs as chris stated ...yeah what is the ploy for his touch finding ... take the quick tap and go for it , insted of letting the defence re set itself...as for his little kicks ,, im not wearing the injury as to why they are not always coming off ...other teams know his plays .. they know what he will do ...maybe a mix up or a change of play ....

slacko

Post by slacko » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:20 am

i thought last night his best footy came out of 1st reciever, he looked most attacking with a bit more room. i know a lot of forumers hate the idea of him going back to number 7, but the last couple of weeks thats where he has looked most dangerous.
eternal optimist.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:22 am

His short kicking game is incredibly effective. When he gets it through the line we invariably score. That just doesn't happen enough.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:43 am

Needs to stop trying to push the refs into giving him a penalty. They don't like it when players are smarter than them!

The refs are not giving any penatlys for the markers not being straight so he needs to stop trying to get it.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:11 pm

T-D-C wrote:Needs to stop trying to push the refs into giving him a penalty. They don't like it when players are smarter than them!

The refs are not giving any penatlys for the markers not being straight so he needs to stop trying to get it.
the refs are giving away penalties for this infringement .....just not when robbie tries it....he has caught plenty offside this year , but the pinkies have ignored it .....

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah it's the kicks close to the line on tackle 3 or 4 which annoy me, as they generally don't get through the line as too many players are standing around and the ball just hits their legs - getting pretty predicatible now. Maybe worthwhile to spin the ball out wide where players are in motion then kick like Benji did last night.

Craig_D

Post by Craig_D » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:07 pm

On many occasions last night farah was the last player to get back in the defensive line... Its about time we put a 2nd hooker/dummy half onto the bench so hr can be rested during game.. We are the only side who don't employ a 2nd hooker.. Maybe Lui to the bench and utilise him in this role and put in another no7.

Posted using RoarFEED

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:20 pm

Farah had a top game. He is better than Cameron Smith.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:38 pm

Gee why the Robbie bashing the guy is trying his guts out week in week out if he got more support from soft fowards and not be the top tackler he might have more zip ,this is why Sheens is going for more size next season give the guy a break

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 3:52 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Farah had a top game. He is better than Cameron Smith.
I love Robbie but he isn't fit to polish Smith's boots at the moment.

Smith never takes as many poor options as Farah has this year.