Worst refs decision of the ganme...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
softlaw

Worst refs decision of the ganme...

Post by softlaw » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:52 am

all the rorters fans are going on about the forward pass.
Noone has mentioned the grub act by Ryles(?) whiuch led directly to the penalty which gave them one of their tries.
Beau Ryan was penalised for using his head in the ruck as he was standing their head in the ruck with both arms out.
If you watch the replay you can clearly see, as the ruck breaks up, Ryles holding onto Beau's headgear and pulling him into the ruck.
scum act but not Ryles' fault that the ref's are too stupid to see it.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:56 am

I thought it was JWH.....regardless hardly a scum act, a bit of gamesmanship but yeh cant believe the refs cannot or dont want to see what everyone else can

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:57 am

i love ryles ..on of my faves to play against ....
he always gives two or more penalties away and is always good for a few dropped balls .....he still remembers one of our greatest ever nights when dene halatau and the boys smashed them in front of 30000 of their fans .. o what a night .. how dirty would he be ,, he leaves and saints get a premiership ......

slacko

Post by slacko » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:10 am

a bit harsh on the referees, i wouldnt say clearly, you can only just see it. and i dont think you could expect the referees to see that from where they stand.
eternal optimist.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:12 am

I think a decision that affects the outcome of a game is far worse than a bit of gamesmanship....face it, we got lucky.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:23 am

softlaw wrote:all the rorters fans are going on about the forward pass.
Noone has mentioned the grub act by Ryles(?) whiuch led directly to the penalty which gave them one of their tries.
Beau Ryan was penalised for using his head in the ruck as he was standing their head in the ruck with both arms out.
If you watch the replay you can clearly see, as the ruck breaks up, Ryles holding onto Beau's headgear and pulling him into the ruck.
scum act but not Ryles' fault that the ref's are too stupid to see it.
All the rorters fans then must have missed the other 4 or 5 forward passes thrown including the one that sent Aiden Gueverra Over....

Karma.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:38 am

Am I going blind or did Anasta push Lui before he had the ball for the no try?

The rules state that you can use your body in a chase for the ball, however you cannot push the other player. Should have been a penalty try, in my opinion or, at the least, a penalty.

As for the forward pass, it looked forward to me.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:40 am

Isn't that what the pocket ref is for to keep an eye on what is going on in the tackle. If the pocket ref was doing his job he should have seen it!

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:57 am

innsaneink wrote:I think a decision that affects the outcome of a game is far worse than a bit of gamesmanship....face it, we got lucky.
Agreed, plus we won the penalty count 9-5 so we don't have much to complain about.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:09 am

Carneys pass was forward, only marginally but still forward. The right call was made. The camera angle made it seem like a line ball but clearly went forward out of the hands.

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:07 pm

magpiecol wrote:Am I going blind or did Anasta push Lui before he had the ball for the no try?

The rules state that you can use your body in a chase for the ball, however you cannot push the other player. Should have been a penalty try, in my opinion or, at the least, a penalty.

it looked forward on the 60 inch i was watching at mounties ...and deliberate....could have been a penalty ..even fittler thought so today on the footy show ... he said great passes like that should be play on even though a tad forward ... or words to that effect ...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 1:35 pm

You throw a basketball pass and it is more likely to get called forward than a traditional pass when it is line ball.

I thought it was marginally forward but the advantage of a home game helps

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:31 pm

I thought the so called controversial pass was forward
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:51 pm

We got lucky with that... but, oh, how I am enjoying listening to Smith and crew carry on about it. lol

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:56 pm

That pass was line ball at worst according to Laurie Daley, he blew up delux over that pass so I guess we were lucky to get that call.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 4:24 pm

magpiecol wrote:Am I going blind or did Anasta push Lui before he had the ball for the no try?

yes i thought that too, in fact, that is why I thought they were slowing it down on the 2nd and 3rd replay.

Penatly try is a bit of a stretch, but definately "No Try/Penalty to the tigers 10m out"

alien

Post by alien » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 4:42 pm

that pass went forward anyway. roosters are sore losers, always an excuse

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 4:59 pm

When the Roosters won the the game earlier this year the the Tigers had a number of players out and from memory they were Lawrence, Tuquiri, Ellis, Payten etc. and unfortunately for the Tigers Jason Ryles was also out injured for the Chooks! I recall being so disappointed because I am convinced that he is always good for a few penalties and also has numerous mistakes in his game e.g. dropped balls, and trying to get away the impossible pass!

Last night we saw him give way his customary penalties and whilst I really try to avoid bagging any NRL footballer (because they all have a huge ticker to get their bodies beat up each week) I can understand how for years he was the focus of frustrated St George supporters.