The (controversial) forward pass

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2

Re: The (controversial) forward pass

Post by 851 » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 6:45 pm

Bones wrote:When Anasta went through Moltzen and Utai were both back for the kick, plus Farah and Gibbs were chasing back. I thought the pass was ok but it was anything but a certain try. If Anasta wants to blow up at someone it should be the 2 props who consistently give away dumb penalties every week.
The pass was marginal,but I think Anasta would have been tackled anyway,our players stopped when the whistle went,any way I will take it.
Go hard or go home

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 6:48 pm

yes it does not even come close to not getting a scrum penalty last year, suck sh..... roosters. :bawling :blah :blah :blah

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 6:56 pm

bp tiger wrote:yes it does not even come close to not getting a scrum penalty last year, suck sh..... roosters. :bawling :blah :blah :blah
x 2 just suck it up roosters ... you did not deserve to even get close last night
I dislike sowfs immensely

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:32 pm

bp tiger wrote:yes it does not even come close to not getting a scrum penalty last year, suck sh..... roosters. :bawling :blah :blah :blah
Lets not forget Ryan being pushed in the back when trying to clean up a bomb during the regular season game when we met last year. They score off that and took the game in the dying minutes

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 8:54 pm

I called it immediately in the lounge room (a foward pass) and even if it wasn't called I'm not convinced the Rorters would've scored off the line break. Both wingers and full back were at home and Anasta didn't look to have anybody in support.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Juro

Post by Juro » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:03 pm

Seems like a bizarre single piece of the game for the media to concentrate on. No way was it guaranteed the roosters would score a try, let alone a converted try. There was still 10 minutes on the clock, so it's not like the outcome was decided on that one call which really was line-ball. You see forward passes let go in virtually every game, and flat passes called forward. Why is this one any different?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:19 pm

I thought it was marginally forward....nice to see us getting one if it wasn't.....you need a bit of luck.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:53 pm

Only saw the game on TV but at the time i called it forward and seeing on replay and slowed down i thought it was definitely forward - because it was more of a basketball type pass they could claim it floated but to me he definitely threw it forward - whether it had much effect - i don't know - the Tigers players all stopped on the call so who is to say he would have scored a try anyway.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 9:58 pm

On another point - seeing as though the whingeing rorters want to complain - there was a scrum late in the first half where the Tigers held the ball in the scrum - the rorters broke and the ref told them to get back in on 2 occasions - they didn't and made the tackle immediately - any penalty - of course not - why have the bloody rule in the first place if the refs are instructing them to stay bound and then not penalising when they ignore him.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:48 pm

Line ball for me and wouldnt have been too upset for a play on call.

However he did not have an unimpeded run to the line. We would have got him.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:51 pm

I was sitting close to in line with that play and I called it forward as soon as the ball was passed as did those sitting around me. I have seen the pass since on tv and the camera angles make it look closer or marginal as some commentators described it but at the ground it looked forward so I understood the refs call which was pretty quick as well.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:00 pm

cunno wrote:I was sitting close to in line with that play and I called it forward as soon as the ball was passed as did those sitting around me. I have seen the pass since on tv and the camera angles make it look closer or marginal as some commentators described it but at the ground it looked forward so I understood the refs call which was pretty quick as well.
Totally agree Cunno First look on Tv i called it forward ,but when slowed down it was marginal at best . Lets put it this way if the Tigers where on the end of that call I would be pissed but would understand it as it was tight

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:04 pm

Yep agree the refs like us who saw it first time called it right. In slow mo, it was marginal but that's footy.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:I was sitting close to in line with that play and I called it forward as soon as the ball was passed as did those sitting around me. I have seen the pass since on tv and the camera angles make it look closer or marginal as some commentators described it but at the ground it looked forward so I understood the refs call which was pretty quick as well.
Totally agree Cunno First look on Tv i called it forward ,but when slowed down it was marginal at best . Lets put it this way if the Tigers where on the end of that call I would be pissed but would understand it as it was tight
Probably one reason why the video ref can't call on forward passes Happy when adjudicating tries because of camera angles, not that I always agree with that either.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:10 pm

cunno wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Probably one reason why the video ref can't call on forward passes Happy when adjudicating tries because of camera angles, not that I always agree with that either.
When they are blatant they should be able to make a call (the video refs) Still remember the try we scored in Brisbane in 2006 when Prince threw it at least 3-4 metres forward and we won 20-6 . That was one of the worst I've ever .

upwests

Post by upwests » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:19 pm

A line ball call that may or may not have led to a try simply does not compare to the hose job we were on the wrong end of in THAT semi last year. The litany of Easts apologists busting out of the woodwork today to blow up about it should hit the archives and have a good long look at it before throwing any stones.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 12:51 am

happy tiger wrote: When they are blatant they should be able to make a call (the video refs) Still remember the try we scored in Brisbane in 2006 when Prince threw it at least 3-4 metres forward and we won 20-6 . That was one of the worst I've ever .
you mean like Rhys Wesser's?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 1:19 am

i liked how in the press conference Farah had a sly grin on his face as he called it a 'square-up'.Obviously making out he was talking about the bad call they got when the referee in the ruck called a knock-on but the other ref blew a penalty,but i reckon he was talkin bout the scrum last yr