Your most unpopular opinion about league

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
eyewonder
Member
Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Your most unpopular opinion about league

Post by eyewonder » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:11 pm

get rid of the video ref.
its a bore.
did he ground it,was there a hand under the ball,ya dah,ya dah,ya dah.
have the ref make an on field call and if its wrong,suck it up.
and he doesnt ref first grade the next week.
i


mctiger
Member
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by mctiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:02 pm

Not sure if these are that unpopular but here goes.....:

1. Fans shouldn't be allowed to wear another teams jersey to games where that team is not playing. For example if it's Tigers v Manly, someone wearing a Parra jersey should not be allowed in.

2. If your team losses, you shouldn't be allowed to wear your team colours until the following Wednesday. For example, we beat Manly and the next day someone is out shopping with a Manly jersey on!. To me, you lost that right when your team lost.

3. I hate the "double cheer". You know when the other team scores and the fans go crazy and then it goes to the video ref, gets awarded and then they get to cheer again. You should only be allowed the one cheer.

4. Players who become "commentators" shouldn't be allowed to commentate on games involving teams that they have played with for at least three years. They give a biased view that takes away from the game. For example, Braith Anasta on the Tigers, Lockyer on the Bronco's etc.......

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm

mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:02 pm
1. Fans shouldn't be allowed to wear another teams jersey to games where that team is not playing. For example if it's Tigers v Manly, someone wearing a Parra jersey should not be allowed in.
Why?

mctiger
Member
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by mctiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:02 pm
1. Fans shouldn't be allowed to wear another teams jersey to games where that team is not playing. For example if it's Tigers v Manly, someone wearing a Parra jersey should not be allowed in.
Why?
It looks out of place.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm

mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:02 pm
1. Fans shouldn't be allowed to wear another teams jersey to games where that team is not playing. For example if it's Tigers v Manly, someone wearing a Parra jersey should not be allowed in.
Why?
It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.


Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:02 pm
1. Fans shouldn't be allowed to wear another teams jersey to games where that team is not playing. For example if it's Tigers v Manly, someone wearing a Parra jersey should not be allowed in.
Why?
It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40515
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:50 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm


Why?
It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
What if the game is played in a neutral / country venue ??

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:00 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm


Why?
It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
Lol... I Just see them as passionate rugby league fans proud to wear their colours

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:50 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm

It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
What if the game is played in a neutral / country venue ??
Makes no difference, still stupid. I'm sure they could find something else to wear :mrgreen:

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:00 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm

It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
Lol... I Just see them as passionate rugby league fans proud to wear their colours
Nah...wear them at the game your team is playing in or wear them around the shops or whatever, but not at a game involving two totally different teams! It looks stupid - why not just wear jeans and a t-shirt? :lol:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40515
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:42 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:31 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:50 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm


Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
What if the game is played in a neutral / country venue ??
Makes no difference, still stupid. I'm sure they could find something else to wear :mrgreen:
Its your point of view and that's cool Spud , but I wouldn't feel into a game if I couldn't show who I supported and at least fans would understand why I supported a particular side

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2459
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:42 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:31 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:50 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm


My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
What if the game is played in a neutral / country venue ??
Makes no difference, still stupid. I'm sure they could find something else to wear :mrgreen:
Its your point of view and that's cool Spud , but I wouldn't feel into a game if I couldn't show who I supported and at least fans would understand why I supported a particular side
My friend always threatens to wear his Rabbitohs jersey to the Wests Tigers games i invite him to but he is never brave enough to go though with it. :lol: :lol:
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5415
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 1:02 am

mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:02 pm
Not sure if these are that unpopular but here goes.....:

1. Fans shouldn't be allowed to wear another teams jersey to games where that team is not playing. For example if it's Tigers v Manly, someone wearing a Parra jersey should not be allowed in.

2. If your team losses, you shouldn't be allowed to wear your team colours until the following Wednesday. For example, we beat Manly and the next day someone is out shopping with a Manly jersey on!. To me, you lost that right when your team lost.

3. I hate the "double cheer". You know when the other team scores and the fans go crazy and then it goes to the video ref, gets awarded and then they get to cheer again. You should only be allowed the one cheer.

4. Players who become "commentators" shouldn't be allowed to commentate on games involving teams that they have played with for at least three years. They give a biased view that takes away from the game. For example, Braith Anasta on the Tigers, Lockyer on the Bronco's etc.......
The SS would love a recruit with this sort of idealism....and South Sydney would too. Bloody hell Bwaiff is the biggest Wests Tigers detractor you will find, let alone being in any way biased towards our club in his commentary. We made him buy his own Gatorade after all..... Po' Bwaiff

mctiger
Member
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by mctiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 4:24 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:36 pm
mctiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:13 pm


Why?
It looks out of place.
Lol I think you're trolling. As a neutral fan you should be allowed to wear your team's jersey.
My question is why would you want to? People who wear their team's jersey to a game between 2 totally different teams look like fools, who have turned up to the wrong game.
Spot on!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 5:58 pm

Imagine if Sam Burgess eye gouged Jake friend...hed cop 8-12 weeks

But not Daly Cherry Evans...no, hes OK, MRC deemed it nothing

How crooked is this game?
Several times per year I wonder why I give them my hard earned

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:08 pm

The refs aren't ruining the game. The fans complain about the refs in every single sport around the world.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2258
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 9:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 5:58 pm
Imagine if Sam Burgess eye gouged Jake friend...hed cop 8-12 weeks

But not Daly Cherry Evans...no, hes OK, MRC deemed it nothing

How crooked is this game?
Several times per year I wonder why I give them my hard earned
Yes it's all very unbalanced and unfair. What's good for one lot is not good for the other lot and so on- there is no consistency and interpretation of the rules is all over the place depending on who's playing who. I really don't understand it.

Apart from a period when Greg Hartley was making waves, I don't recall ever seeing the refs officiate games with such overwhelming bias that they directly affect the outcome of matches. Now, it happens at least once or twice every week and it's so blatantly obvious, yet no one does anything about it!

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 9:35 pm

Tacky wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 6:08 pm
The refs aren't ruining the game. The fans complain about the refs in every single sport around the world.
I agree with this, the refs make a few errors but on the whole do a great job but all anyone focused on is the mistakes.

Post Reply