Your most unpopular opinion about league

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Fraze23

Re: Your most unpopular opinion about league

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 05 May, 2013 10:14 am

tig_prmz wrote:
westTAHger wrote:the 7 tackle try fiasco's when Hartley was the man with the whistle.
his other " dodgy calls" which affected wests magpies, and parra eels.
the un swayable favouritism shown towards manly by the " judiciary panel" from that era.
why the ARL/NRL did not strip Andrew Johns of his Dally M medals, after revelations in his interview with Phil Gould, and then the rugby league fraternity go on and immortalise him. what message does that send to kids?

some radio/t.v commentators are not happy with the way the NRL is run, :?: become an administrator and make positive changes.
not happy with a certain coach's performances., simple become a coach, see how they go. :roll:
they were not performance enhancing drugs
They were't performance enhancing, but had he of tested positive to taking them through his career he would have faced a long suspension.

Hardwick

Post by Hardwick » Sun 05 May, 2013 1:58 pm

Here are my unpopular opinions:
1. Rabbits and Hadley are overrated commentators - warren smith and Andrew voss much better. Lockyer adds no value and johns not much more. Keep sterlo - get rid of the rest.
2. AFL is phenomenally better managed and marketed.
3. The rugby league establishment are trying to cover up the drugs issue by discrediting asada and not cooperating.
4. The tigers youth of 3-4 years ago aren't improving with the exception of farah.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 11 May, 2013 3:58 pm

1. wests-tigers are too nice. need to be able to rip opponents heads off in the blink of an eye.
2. no on- line betting to be televised, as well as all bet making stop 2 hours before games..
3. on game day, all 3 grades to be played at SAME location.
4. monday night footy to go, have it start at 3 pom on a saturday.
5. no more golden point.
6. shoulder charges, get 5 min in sin bin.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:06 pm

I have an idea to help open the game up a bit

Every time a player gets penalized that player must sit out one full set of six

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 12 May, 2013 3:03 am

The Eels will place higher on the ladder than us.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sun 12 May, 2013 3:49 am

Im a wests tigers fan that cant stand Robbie Farah. Doesn't get more unpopular than that.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 14 May, 2013 2:16 pm

Majere77 wrote:Im a wests tigers fan that cant stand Robbie Farah. Doesn't get more unpopular than that.
As a person Robbie probably isn't everybodies cup of tea but as a captain we couldn't ask any more of him. He is a champion ON the field, not sure about off it.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 May, 2013 2:25 pm

Majere77 wrote:Im a wests tigers fan that cant stand Robbie Farah. Doesn't get more unpopular than that.
Yeah but i think theres a few people who would cop to that. At the end of the day though as long as he doesn't going around in his spare time kicking babies, the only thing that maters for supporters is what he does on the field

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 14 May, 2013 3:11 pm

manly are still a protected species.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Thu 23 May, 2013 5:49 pm

- merritt is the most overrated player in the game
- thurston and queensland origin players in general are mostly out of form (barring inglis, hodges, scott) and if form is anything to go by NSW should win this series
- ferguson is nowhere near ready for origin, still gives away costly penalties and can miss crucial tackles
- fulton is the least effective backrower in the comp in terms of attacking prowess and hurting the opposition in defence.
- farah is the best hooker in the comp this year by a long way
- cronk has cost melbourne at least 2 victories this year from poor end-of-game kicking
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Thu 23 May, 2013 5:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yeah but i think theres a few people who would cop to that. At the end of the day though as long as he doesn't going around in his spare time kicking babies, the only thing that maters for supporters is what he does on the field
My Dislike is based on what he does on the field.

I dont know him personally.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 24 May, 2013 6:44 pm

Majere77 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
My Dislike is based on what he does on the field.

I dont know him personally.
He is our most wholehearted player, shudder to think how bad we would be travelling without him out there. Goes a bit overboard with the whinging to ref's but most of the time it is warranted.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:13 am

when Slater, Cronk & Smith finishes their time at storm, Bellamy wont be able to cope with not having a competitive team,. He will retire, the franchise will re-locate or cease to exist completely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:30 am

westTAHger wrote:when Slater, Cronk & Smith finishes their time at storm, Bellamy wont be able to cope with not having a competitive team,. He will retire, the franchise will re-locate or cease to exist completely
I reckon you will find they all retire together

Just my opinion though

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:58 pm

westTAHger wrote:when Slater, Cronk & Smith finishes their time at storm, Bellamy wont be able to cope with not having a competitive team,. He will retire, the franchise will re-locate or cease to exist completely
Can't say it would be too unpopular if the Storm folded. There would be plenty of people who would welcome it. They are scum. Successful,yes, but cheating scum all the same.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 26 May, 2013 6:54 am

My most unpopular opinion:

Greg Inglis 'summersaulted' and deliberately landed on his head in each of those spear tackles perpetrated by Inu, Jason King and Richie Fauoso, in order to gain a penalty for his team.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 26 May, 2013 8:20 am

that certain teams currently playing in NRL get away with a lot more than their opponents by the ref's

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 5:30 pm

5 years on (nearly)

Be interested to see if anyone's opinions have changed?
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris