Disgraceful Refereeing the NRL need to do something about it

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Doc Tiger

Re: Disgraceful Refereeing the NRL need to do something abou

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 19 Apr, 2014 9:53 pm

One ref, no replays, 5m - not ten, job done. Suck it up when you get the rough end of the pineapple. How I miss the good ol' days.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 19 Apr, 2014 10:00 pm

All they have to do is blow the whistle and quick smart.the coaches will stop their players running and throwing passes behind a series of runners.

Only six and a half rounds ago, the ruck was as slow as a wet week, with wrestling and a form of slow dance being the norm. Here we are fresh into a new season, the music is quiet and the play the ball is much speedier.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 5:05 pm

******Melbourne vs Canberra Spoilers******

Well the video ref just cost Melbourne the game.. After what's happened in the Souths and Cowboys games and now this, I'm very nervous for tomorrow. How are the video refs screwing up so horribly??

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 5:13 pm

[quote="RatedRKO"]******Melbourne vs Canberra Spoilers******

Well the video ref just cost Melbourne the game.. After what's happened in the Souths and Cowboys games and now this, I'm very nervous for tomorrow. How are the video refs screwing up so horribly??[/quote]

Mate I have no idea they must be taking something before the game....3 games have been Ruined by the Refs/Video Refs......IN ONE ROUND!
Tigersman since 2013!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 5:20 pm

The Foran try is the most baffling decision I've seen. No matter what your belief on the obstruction rule is, that play violated it and it stood. I think it when they go down the line of "well this was an illegal play but it didn't matter so we can call it a try" it sets a dangerous precedent (as we saw with the Broncos in round 1 against the Dogs), and now we are stuck with the inconsistencies.

For the record, the try after the bell, whilst it was a wrong call that decided the game, I did not have a huge issue with it. When the refs boss admits they had to watch it frame by frame to work out if the call was right it obviously means it was (what an old baseball coach of mine would call) a "bang-bang play." That is, where it is so close to the naked eye it could go either way, and you have to live with it. I believe overturning the result will open a giant can of worms and I am glad we didn't go down that road.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:03 pm

Im waiting for the Bellamy blow up, itll be legendary.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:09 pm

Tigersman wrote:
RatedRKO wrote:******Melbourne vs Canberra Spoilers******

Well the video ref just cost Melbourne the game.. After what's happened in the Souths and Cowboys games and now this, I'm very nervous for tomorrow. How are the video refs screwing up so horribly??[/quote]

Mate I have no idea they must be taking something before the game....3 games have been Ruined by the Refs/Video Refs......IN ONE ROUND!
Video ref didn't cost anyone anything. The on field ruling was NO TRY as called by the ref and touch judge who were both RIGHT THERE and no camera angle showed the ball conclusively on the line. The video ref made the right decision, the fault was in the on field official's decisions.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:09 pm

Tigersman wrote:

Video ref didn't cost anyone anything. The on field ruling was NO TRY as called by the ref and touch judge who were both RIGHT THERE and no camera angle showed the ball conclusively on the line. The video ref made the right decision, the fault was in the on field official's decisions.

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:11 pm

Only saw a couple of replays on the tele. First time it looked like a try. Second time I thought maybe the initial put down was short. But I would have given it a try however when you consider the rules the video ref had to go that way as there was nothing to conclusively overrule the on field decision.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:19 pm

wd in perth wrote:One ref, no replays, 5m - not ten, job done. Suck it up when you get the rough end of the pineapple. How I miss the good ol' days.
Spot on!

One replay at NORMAL speed and that's it. No video ref, the linesman calls the line decisions only.

Over a season bad calls and good calls will even out.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:42 pm

wtigers wrote: Video ref didn't cost anyone anything. The on field ruling was NO TRY as called by the ref and touch judge who were both RIGHT THERE and no camera angle showed the ball conclusively on the line. The video ref made the right decision, the fault was in the on field official's decisions.
Bit hard to believe that it isn't grounded there and he's bounced 2m into touch without getting it down..

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 6:49 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
wtigers wrote: Video ref didn't cost anyone anything. The on field ruling was NO TRY as called by the ref and touch judge who were both RIGHT THERE and no camera angle showed the ball conclusively on the line. The video ref made the right decision, the fault was in the on field official's decisions.
Bit hard to believe that it isn't grounded there and he's bounced 2m into touch without getting it down..

Exactly, if it was the Tigers these guys above would be talking about it for weeks.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 7:05 pm

Their eyes are painted on.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 7:08 pm

wtigers wrote:
Tigersman wrote:
"RatedRKO" wrote:******Melbourne vs Canberra Spoilers******

To me that was conclusive. However, irrespective it
was a shocking decision. Not quite as bad as the non-penalty for the Josh Morris shepherd after the bell in the Souths-Dogs game.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 10:59 pm

It's clear our refs are rubbish the lot of them. I'd sack them all and bring in new blood.... Pay them $200k each and we will get serious refs rather than the Turkey's we have now

spearby

Post by spearby » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 1:31 am

its enough to drive people away from the game.

H-Tozza

Post by H-Tozza » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:28 am

wtigers wrote:
Tigersman wrote:

That's rubbish....the angle from behind the in-goal clearly showed Waqa's upper body slide beyond the try-line with the ball always remaining on the ground and therefore should've been overturned by the video ref....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 11:29 am

I think it is a good idea to have players in the video refs box , but you have to have the right players

Paul Mellor isn't the right player he was a winger /centre and would have little idea what to be looking for in a shepherd / obstruction play

We should have halves in these roles , they now exactly what they are aiming to do in those situations and what is and isn't a obstruction