NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
pdenny77
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Neil Henry never wanted to sign Jarryd Hayne

Unread post by pdenny77 » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 9:12 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:22 am
This is the best summary of Hayne's ability and lack of application.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-le ... spartandhp
Wow, brutally honest. Well done Flopper!

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 9:16 am

MightyMaggy wrote:

I remember after the 09 gf Hindmarsh was being interviewed on the ground (can't remember by who) and it was mentioned by the interviewer that Hayne had called the players into a huddle and had some words with them. The interviewer asked Hindmarsh what Hayne had said. Hindmarsh responded "I don't know, I wasn't listening".

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 9:53 am

Tacky wrote:
Wed 09 Aug, 2017 3:34 pm

Weighing in to the conversation, Kent’s The Daily Telegraph colleague Phil Rothfield said Henry likes to coach a club with an “even roster” forgoing highly paid stars and no frills players on $200,000 and less to put together a balanced list of mid-range talent.
I happened to catch this segment. They also said that Shane Flanagan is of the same philosophy ie no superstars, mostly an even roster of quality players.

Ivan looks like he might have a similar mindset.

colmcd
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:12 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 9:16 am
MightyMaggy wrote:

I remember after the 09 gf Hindmarsh was being interviewed on the ground (can't remember by who) and it was mentioned by the interviewer that Hayne had called the players into a huddle and had some words with them. The interviewer asked Hindmarsh what Hayne had said. Hindmarsh responded "I don't know, I wasn't listening".
I also remember Hindmarsh saying that he agreed with the sacking of Michael Hagan. Does Hindy hate Hayne? Is he wanting job security, I don't think so. But the two don't like each other that is for sure.

underdog
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:47 am

I watched it last night, and Hindmarsh was fantastic in his summation of Hayne.

I've never seen Tallis, Fletch and Johns look so uncomfortable - suggest to me it's all brutally true

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:04 pm

underdog wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:47 am

I've never seen Tallis, Fletch and Johns look so uncomfortable - suggest to me it's all brutally true
Hmm. But Tallis is an idiot. Remember if you want to understand why Potter went from almost being successful to a ruined team, blame Tallis. Seriously we should be booing him off whenever he comes to C'town. Fletch may have known Hayne, Johns would not have.

I think though that Tallis, Fletch and Johns would be looking at Hindy going "mate, you are opening up a war with one of your former colleagues and he is a current player, you're not.". Like how Shayne Webcke told too much about the Broncos. Not saying their right or wrong, not saying Hindy or Hayne is right or wrong. But I reckon they were thinking that Hindy was making a career ending error.

Not taking sides on this one. But it is interesting that Hindy does not like Hayne. Hindy is a real champion and I do weigh his opinion heavily. But Hayne pretty much got the Eels to the 2009 Grand final.

Hayne sadly has a big ego. However the media helps make it. It brings guys like him and Jennings up, then complains that they are too high. IMHO, Hayne should take a paycut and go back to the Eels. Give them one pass to the finals then go moneyball again.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:20 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:04 pm
underdog wrote:

Hmm. But Tallis is an idiot. Remember if you want to understand why Potter went from almost being successful to a ruined team, blame Tallis. Seriously we should be booing him off whenever he comes to C'town. Fletch may have known Hayne, Johns would not have.

I think though that Tallis, Fletch and Johns would be looking at Hindy going "mate, you are opening up a war with one of your former colleagues and he is a current player, you're not.". Like how Shayne Webcke told too much about the Broncos. Not saying their right or wrong, not saying Hindy or Hayne is right or wrong. But I reckon they were thinking that Hindy was making a career ending error.

Not taking sides on this one. But it is interesting that Hindy does not like Hayne. Hindy is a real champion and I do weigh his opinion heavily. But Hayne pretty much got the Eels to the 2009 Grand final.

Hayne sadly has a big ego. However the media helps make it. It brings guys like him and Jennings up, then complains that they are too high. IMHO, Hayne should take a paycut and go back to the Eels. Give them one pass to the finals then go moneyball again.
"Hindmarsh is making a career-ending error"? How so? He only spoke the truth.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:41 am

He's now known as the "plain Hayne"

Telltails
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:45 pm

Tallis classic tonight in regard to the Henry/ Hayne situation - stating its a coaches job to manage all the different personalities in their teams and the egos etc. And the clanger if the coach is only worth $400, 000 to the club and the player is worth 1mill you get rid of the one that costs less!!!!
How quickly he has changed his tune in regard to player coach relationships. Some of us have got long memories. Hindmarsh was nearly jumping out of skin.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 7:46 am

The way the media crawls up the players arses is sickening. At least Hindy has the balls to call him out for what he is, even if he doesn't like him he's saying a lot of what others think.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by FreddyK » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 10:08 am

Clubs never seem to learn - boards should never interfere with operational decisions. The consequences are disastrous.

Milky
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Milky » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 10:51 am

Henry and Cleary have adopted the same concept whilst at their respective clubs.

Would take him on as an assistant if he were to get sacked.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:11 am

The Titans are cutting their nose off to spite their face. Hayne won't hang around there past next year. A Sydney club will find the money to bring him back and he'll high tail it out of there.

Turfing a coach to keep a player who is using the club as a transit lounge happy.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 2:29 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 7:46 am
The way the media crawls up the players arses is sickening. At least Hindy has the balls to call him out for what he is, even if he doesn't like him he's saying a lot of what others think.
The "media" types that infest RL are dopes who really should be in the unemployment queue.
That flog in Brisbane, Peter Badell or something is his name, was bringing an "exclusive" to Foxsports this morning and he just rehashed the same speculative tripe that has been seeping out of the Titans club for at least 3 or so days now.
He then goes on to state the possibility of another club offering Hayne a contract with the words "Struggling clubs get desperate to sign a big name player, as we have seen the Tigers do with Benji Marshall recently".

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:28 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:20 pm
colmcd wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:04 pm
underdog wrote:

"Hindmarsh is making a career-ending error"? How so? He only spoke the truth.
Just because you say the truth, does not mean you will do well.

Shayne Webcke said what he thought was the truth RE Brisbane and he lost his job as an assistant coach.

If Hindmarsh starts a war with Hayne, he should be ok. But if Mannah and others at Parra take Hayne's side (which I doubt) it could cut him off from the club he is most connected with. IMHO the players will probably back Hindy, but if the others were shocked, it is because they realised that Hindy was starting a media war.

kh_canada
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by kh_canada » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:28 am

Henry is out the door at the Titan's - saw it on the news this morning that Hayne is the reason that they're punting him. Thursday will most likely be his last spell for the Titans.

Don't be surprised if Hayne follows him out, the Titans weren't impressed with his comments from the weekend stating that he would leave the club.

kh_canada
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by kh_canada » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:32 am

Found this on FoxSports if anyone wants a read: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c22a3c3499

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:47 pm

kh_canada wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:32 am
Found this on FoxSports if anyone wants a read: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c22a3c3499
This is 2 days old. Not official yet.

Return to “National Rugby League”