Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Wa Mag/Tig
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm
Been liked: 5 times

Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Unread post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm

JT looked exactly the same way for two years while he coached us. More fool me i thought he would be the goods. You know ex magpie and good halfback and goal kicker. Promised so much but???? I'm so in for next year
I don't think it will be a cliche thing, "Maybe Next Year". I do believe it will become a reality. Long suffering Magpie/ Wests tigers fans. I Believe 😎😎😎. Sorry forgot to mention I'm a first time poster but have been reading all of your posts for a year and with much enthusiasm. Just had to join. You guys can be harsh but i can take it. Bring on fellowship. We must stick together.


matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm

Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:54 pm

Wa Mag/Tig wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm
JT looked exactly the same way for two years while he coached us. More fool me i thought he would be the goods. You know ex magpie and good halfback and goal kicker. Promised so much but???? I'm so in for next year
I don't think it will be a cliche thing, "Maybe Next Year". I do believe it will become a reality. Long suffering Magpie/ Wests tigers fans. I Believe 😎😎😎. Sorry forgot to mention I'm a first time poster but have been reading all of your posts for a year and with much enthusiasm. Just had to join. You guys can be harsh but i can take it. Bring on fellowship. We must stick together.
Welcome to the furnace brother Wa Mag/Tig......have some fun on here is my motto. I'm still not convinced on the year ahead but we'll see what dissolves out in the off season I guess.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:07 pm

maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Agree. Absolutely pathetic coach. Playing Lovett at centre and Rankin on the wing ahead of JAC sums it up really.
Tigers tragic since 1980.


matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm

maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Last edited by matchball on Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wa Mag/Tig
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:11 pm

It is a dead horse but my first call at it. Like i said i had high hopes for him was a more then average player. Just can't and probably never will convert it into being a first grade NRL coach. The writing was on the wall. Myself stupid for thinking he might after the south fiasco.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:14 pm

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
I can bet like the rest of our ex coaches he won't ever get a head coaching gig ever again. In fact I will bet my left one on it ;)
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Sheens coaching in U.K.
Potter assistant coach with Knights

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm

When it comes to coaching. JT was an unmitigated drongo. Not sure why Robbo rates him.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:31 pm

tigerap wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Sheens coaching in U.K.
Potter assistant coach with Knights
Thanks for those glowing references. Took Sheens a decade to get a run. Lol.
Potter was an after thought. Knights aren't exactly making waves for the title.
What's Terry Lamb doing?

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:37 pm

Wa Mag/Tig wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm
JT looked exactly the same way for two years while he coached us. More fool me i thought he would be the goods. You know ex magpie and good halfback and goal kicker. Promised so much but???? I'm so in for next year
I don't think it will be a cliche thing, "Maybe Next Year". I do believe it will become a reality. Long suffering Magpie/ Wests tigers fans. I Believe 😎😎😎. Sorry forgot to mention I'm a first time poster but have been reading all of your posts for a year and with much enthusiasm. Just had to join. You guys can be harsh but i can take it. Bring on fellowship. We must stick together.
Welcome to the forum mate. Its great to see such a united fanbase for the Tigers.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18810
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:46 pm

Slow news day.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4062
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am

He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5458
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 1:13 am

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
You definitely have to watch the tapes. Because Taylor is absolutely useless at teaching those lessons in first grade,
Then again, ...I suppose he did turn Brooks from a nothing into a top halfback........... didn't he????????

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18810
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:17 am

goldcoast tiger wrote: ↑
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 1:13 am
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
You definitely have to watch the tapes. Because Taylor is absolutely useless at teaching those lessons in first grade,
Then again, ...I suppose he did turn Brooks from a nothing into a top halfback........... didn't he????????
Cleary certainly hasn't.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5458
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:47 am

He hasn't had 2 1/2 years to do it.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:49 am

gallagher wrote: ↑
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am
He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.
This is so over the top.

Post Reply

Return to β€œNational Rugby League”