Page 2 of 2

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am
by Earl
stryker wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm
When it comes to coaching. JT was an unmitigated drongo. Not sure why Robbo rates him.
A perfectly reasonable conspiracy theory is that he was put into the club by the NRL to screw us over. I don't think that actually happened but that is how bad he was.

I should add that I don't think he is a bad person and he might be a decent coach because after making so many mistakes he should have learnt a lot.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:57 am
by Geo.
Earl wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am
stryker wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm
When it comes to coaching. JT was an unmitigated drongo. Not sure why Robbo rates him.
A perfectly reasonable conspiracy theory is that he was put into the club by the NRL to screw us over. I don't think that actually happened but that is how bad he was.

I should add that I don't think he is a bad person and he might be a decent coach because after making so many mistakes he should have learnt a lot.
Tin-foil a little tight this morning Earl...?

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:17 am
by cktiger
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am
He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.
:lol: You do know Robbie's coming back as a club ambassador when he finishes with Souths?

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:23 am
by gallagher
cktiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:17 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am
He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.
:lol: You do know Robbie's coming back as a club ambassador when he finishes with Souths?
Good on him . As long as he leaves his boots at home.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:50 am
by rialto
stryker wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm
When it comes to coaching. Not sure why Robbo rates him.
Possibly because they won a Grand Final and two Premierships with him there.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:17 am
by Earl
Geo. wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:57 am
Earl wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am
stryker wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm
When it comes to coaching. JT was an unmitigated drongo. Not sure why Robbo rates him.
A perfectly reasonable conspiracy theory is that he was put into the club by the NRL to screw us over. I don't think that actually happened but that is how bad he was.

I should add that I don't think he is a bad person and he might be a decent coach because after making so many mistakes he should have learnt a lot.
Tin-foil a little tight this morning Earl...?
We've all been there mate.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:42 am
by Masterton
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Not bagging Taylor, but I think being a good assistant coach can be very different to head coach.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:43 am
by Harvey
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:31 pm
tigerap wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm


He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Sheens coaching in U.K.
Potter assistant coach with Knights
Thanks for those glowing references. Took Sheens a decade to get a run. Lol.
Potter was an after thought. Knights aren't exactly making waves for the title.
What's Terry Lamb doing?
Didn't Sheens coach the test side before he went to England?

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:43 am
by Russell
maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:14 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
I can bet like the rest of our ex coaches he won't ever get a head coaching gig ever again. In fact I will bet my left one on it ;)
We'll be around with the scissors when it happens!

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:45 am
by maxxy86
Russell wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:43 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:14 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm


He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
I can bet like the rest of our ex coaches he won't ever get a head coaching gig ever again. In fact I will bet my left one on it ;)
We'll be around with the scissors when it happens!
You could even sharpen them up as well I'm that confident.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:45 am
by GNR4LIFE
cktiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:17 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am
He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.
:lol: You do know Robbie's coming back as a club ambassador when he finishes with Souths?
So next year?

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:46 am
by Russell
cktiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:17 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am
He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.
:lol: You do know Robbie's coming back as a club ambassador when he finishes with Souths?
WAS - hopefully.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:55 am
by Earl
I love people comparing Sheens to Taylor. One of the best coaches ever to the guy who when he got his chance with us was pretty ordinary.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:33 pm
by matchball
Earl wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:55 am
I love people comparing Sheens to Taylor. One of the best coaches ever to the guy who when he got his chance with us was pretty ordinary.
Nobody is comparing them by their coaching ability.
I'm just saying JT was picked up immediately in a NRL job.
None of our other coaches did anything NRL related so quick.
No way is JT a better coach than Sheens.
Funny how some twist it to fit their agenda.

Re: Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Posted: Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:34 pm
by matchball
Harvey wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:43 am
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:31 pm
tigerap wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm

Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Sheens coaching in U.K.
Potter assistant coach with Knights
Thanks for those glowing references. Took Sheens a decade to get a run. Lol.
Potter was an after thought. Knights aren't exactly making waves for the title.
What's Terry Lamb doing?
Didn't Sheens coach the test side before he went to England?
Test coach lol. A team that doesn't even need a coach.
It's like the Origin coaching job. The fact Laurie is the coach proves my point.
Those teams coach themselves.