HIA

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Elderslie Tiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

HIA

Unread post by Elderslie Tiger » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:14 am

When is the NRL going to look at the player who causes the HIA being held responsible.If they are serious in combating head knocks why isn't the player who caused the HIA made to leave the field whilst the injured player is assessed he can be replaced by interchange if the injured play does not return he does not return either .This would surely make players think twice about going high this would apply to acts of foul play as there is alays going to be accidental contact.

TIGER
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by TIGER » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:23 am

Makes too much sense.

gallagher
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:29 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:14 am
When is the NRL going to look at the player who causes the HIA being held responsible.If they are serious in combating head knocks why isn't the player who caused the HIA made to leave the field whilst the injured player is assessed he can be replaced by interchange if the injured play does not return he does not return either .This would surely make players think twice about going high this would apply to acts of foul play as there is alays going to be accidental contact.
The troulbe is that lots of HIAsare not real and are only to give the player a rest and free interchange.

wt00
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:12 pm

How come uate didn't go off for a hia?
The star of the team is the team.

colmcd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by colmcd » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:16 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:29 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
The troulbe is that lots of HIAsare not real and are only to give the player a rest and free interchange.
I think the idea above is a good idea. If you're shoulder knocks another player in the head and they need a headcheck, you come off with them.

It will mean those who knock Thurston, Cronk, Slater, Moylan/ any of the gun players will at least loose their person as well for awhile. Naturally people will still try to take these players out because of their impact.At least it's a 1 for 1.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 105 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:38 pm

A lot are genuine... A result of accidents and not foul play.
Was it Marty that clocked Matt mc?
I'd expect him to face a high tackle charge this arvo

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 141 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:45 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:16 pm
gallagher wrote:
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
I think the idea above is a good idea. If you're shoulder knocks another player in the head and they need a headcheck, you come off with them.

It will mean those who knock Thurston, Cronk, Slater, Moylan/ any of the gun players will at least loose their person as well for awhile. Naturally people will still try to take these players out because of their impact.At least it's a 1 for 1.
Yeah so each club will select their worst player on the bench each week and send them out to knock Thursto's head off. Cows lose an immortal in waiting, the other club loses a player they wouldnt have used anyway.

Bengaliwolf

Unread post by Bengaliwolf » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:49 pm

I think we just found a use for Lovett

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:52 pm

Bengaliwolf wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:49 pm
Knowing our luck, Lovett would only wind up knocking himself out.
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

jirskyr
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:01 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:45 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:16 pm
gallagher wrote:
Elderslie Tiger wrote:

Yeah so each club will select their worst player on the bench each week and send them out to knock Thursto's head off. Cows lose an immortal in waiting, the other club loses a player they wouldnt have used anyway.
But clubs can do this right now, with less penalty? Send out Joe Blow, he rips Thurston's head off, plays out the match, then gets 5 weeks suspension where he would have been playing ISP anyway.

It makes sense to me to have an in-game penalty for head shots that are put on report, where the player struck player does not return due to HIA.

The major flaw/issue I see is if a club intentionally lets a player fail his HIA, where the value of the player struck is deemed lower than the player who put the shot on.

E.g. if Kyle Lovett gets knocked out by Cam Smith, you surely don't want Lovett returning if Smith is an enforced benching.

05TIGZ
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:13 pm

I think your 18th man should become active if someone gets ruled out with HIA. That way the team doesn't go a man down.

tiger scott

Unread post by tiger scott » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:45 pm

I read in one of the weekend papers that they are looking at a 5 minute sin bin if the HIA is a result of foul play. This is to give the bunker time to assess whether the 5 becomes a send-off.

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:49 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:13 pm
I think your 18th man should become active if someone gets ruled out with HIA. That way the team doesn't go a man down.
tiger scott wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:45 pm
I read in one of the weekend papers that they are looking at a 5 minute sin bin if the HIA is a result of foul play. This is to give the bunker time to assess whether the 5 becomes a send-off.
Both of these for me.

jai_donaldson
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by jai_donaldson » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:55 pm

tiger scott wrote:
Good idea in theory however if the injured player is ruled out and the bunker/match review panel deem it an accident then team A still loses a player for rest of match and team B still keep all their players. This idea in conjunction with an 18th man option may work though.

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:58 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:52 pm
Bengaliwolf wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:49 pm
Knowing our luck, Lovett would only wind up knocking himself out.
Ha or one of OUR top players!

cochise
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by cochise » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 3:04 pm

jai_donaldson wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:55 pm
tiger scott wrote:
Good idea in theory however if the injured player is ruled out and the bunker/match review panel deem it an accident then team A still loses a player for rest of match and team B still keep all their players. This idea in conjunction with an 18th man option may work though.
I don't really like the 18th player idea

Return to “National Rugby League”