Geo. wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 3:45 pm
Cammy is the President..
Enough said.

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:25 am

Maloney is definitely stirring the pot to get a reaction from the NRL. He doesn't seem to mind being the "outspoken" guy, the paper said the NRL calls him the "RLPA attack dog".

Regardless of Maloney is trying to agitate the NRL and ARLC for some purpose, his comments are coming across negatively to fans and that doesn't really matter if it's being taken out of context or not.

It's the same with Aaron Woods. I am sure Woods is a pretty nice fellow and I am sure if you spoke to him about his contract with the Bulldogs, the story would make sense, be understandable. But when he speaks about it in public, he just can't get it right, he hasn't the talent for media management and he comes across as a buffoon, he earns the reputation as a buffoon.

So with Maloney, regardless of his intent or what he might be really like, the things he is saying are negative touchstones for this issue, he may be chasing political pressure on the governing bodies but he is seriously damaging his and the RLPA's reputation. He can't just be so naive as to think he can say the non-players are accessories and not think there will be major public heat from that.

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:58 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 6:42 am
I could see some sort of boycott for the Dally M Medal ceremony, but for the life of me could never envisage them boycotting the Australian Kangaroos Jumper.

To even make the threat of boycotting playing for your country is a disgrace... I hope Mal gives them a huge serve when they enter camp!!!
I agree. Not because they respect the honour of an Australian jumper, but because they get 30k a test

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 3:25 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 6:42 am
I could see some sort of boycott for the Dally M Medal ceremony, but for the life of me could never envisage them boycotting the Australian Kangaroos Jumper.

To even make the threat of boycotting playing for your country is a disgrace... I hope Mal gives them a huge serve when they enter camp!!!
Mal was one of the main faces and spokespeople for SuperLeague.....the dirty vermin organisation that struck on April Fools Day to conceal their treachery. Yeah let's listen to Mal.......he's a quality straight-up fella! Only a Qlder could nominate Mal as a bloke who values staunchness. Geezus Christ, let's nominate Gallen as the anti-drugs advocate while we are at it.

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:20 pm

stryker wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 9:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm
Maloney was referring directly to Greenburg and Grant with his comment...Of course it would be unlike the Media to take it out of context so gullible punters would run with it..

I think a lot would agree with his sentiments with regard to the NRL hierarchy..
:crazy How could you possibly be that naive?
Yeah have to agree with Stryker.. May have got a bit carried away, but Maloney did say everyone. I think he's talking about everyone involved in the management of the game (hopefully not those who bring it to us every week on television or those who work tirelessly in the background to improve the game as a whole from many aspects), but hey without those people you have no TV deals and no money.. The "NRL" wouldn't exist and there would be no fans. Can't believe this guy leads the RLPA, he's as dumb as the sound of his voice.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 2:16 pm

Naturally the media can be found firmly inside the collective rectums of the the RLPA ringleaders because it's the only way they get the scoops.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “National Rugby League”