NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
supercoach
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Mitch Moses is swimming with the tide at Eels after a fresh start

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:51 am

Telltails wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:40 am
The best thing the club can learn from all of this is to make sure that we are an organisation that key players want to play for, rather than one that has to chase them.
You can ignore what a mess we were in now - that we seem to be on the right track - but the Taylor years were a disaster and those players were stuck right in the thick of it.
They lost faith in the club they made a choice, the club made a choice we all move on.

The mistake the Tigers made was to pin their hopes and throw a lot of money at some kids who only ever had P plates on at best. We needed hard nosed leaders who played at the same level every week, not hot and cold kids.

Fingers crossed Cleary has recruited the sort of players that will turn up every week and maybe in a year or so we will be able to attract a proven skilful player to compliment what we have, but we need solid foundations not kids who's ego are way bigger than the efforts they put in

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 114 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:22 am

I couldn't live with myself knowing I'd let my team mates down.... However sadly it appears some of his mates seem to think this behaviour is acceptable these days.
Im convinced many players have lost touch with reality - not all eg: Naiqama, Hodkinson etc

Telltails
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Telltails » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:27 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:51 am
Telltails wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:40 am
The best thing the club can learn from all of this is to make sure that we are an organisation that key players want to play for, rather than one that has to chase them.
You can ignore what a mess we were in now - that we seem to be on the right track - but the Taylor years were a disaster and those players were stuck right in the thick of it.
They lost faith in the club they made a choice, the club made a choice we all move on.

The mistake the Tigers made was to pin their hopes and throw a lot of money at some kids who only ever had P plates on at best. We needed hard nosed leaders who played at the same level every week, not hot and cold kids.

Fingers crossed Cleary has recruited the sort of players that will turn up every week and maybe in a year or so we will be able to attract a proven skilful player to compliment what we have, but we need solid foundations not kids who's ego are way bigger than the efforts they put in
Ego/ confidence there is a fine line for young blokes trying to match it with the best week in week out and all clubs deal with that.
I dont think the club made a mistake in wanting to sign the four - they are quality players. I see the mistake was thinking that if the money was right that they would sign regardless. As I recall the discussion was never about if they would sign, it was about which one the club may have to let go. Not quite the way it panned out.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:28 am

Still a germ that didn't put in for his teammates just because someone had the cojones to ask him to live up to his obligations in his contract.

I hope we put him in hospital next time we play Parramatta.
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:52 am

Fair weather footballer, and a classic one-side-of-the-story article.

barra
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:53 am

stryker wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:21 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:19 pm
One week to go and all this crud is behind us. Hopefully our new direction in 2018 will be so positive we won't have time to think about those that chose to leave
Dont you believe that Steve we will hear about this for years as they experience success outside this club.
True mate - the only way out of it for us is to enjoy our own success - let's hope that happens.
Last edited by barra on Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by tigerap » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:53 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:08 pm
"The Tigers were the ones that took his contract off the table," his housemate and former Tigers teammate James Tedesco said. "If the club is doing that, it became obvious they didn't really want him here."
Yes they took the contract off the table.................a contract that had been sitting there for months, he could have signed, but didn't

It actually became obvious he didn't want the club, not the other way round.

Just when is he going to take responsibility for his actions or in-actions in this case?
Exactly...and how the other departing big 2 don't admit to this is staggering....they are supporting a departed mate over the club that made them who they are....

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 202 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:05 am

I remember when Moses took up the extension in his favour for 2017..the tweets between Gus and Politis ..then Isaac Moses stating "We'll leave Mitchell at the Tigers to develop'...

The writing was on the wall well and truly then..the fact the Club was still bending over backwards to re-sign these guys showed how clueless we were..Until Cleary's Laws arrived that is...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:16 am

Maybe 'NEXT YEAR' we will play Finals like Mitch?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

tsjonathan
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:17 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:05 am
I remember when Moses took up the extension in his favour for 2017..the tweets between Gus and Politis ..then Isaac Moses stating "We'll leave Mitchell at the Tigers to develop'...

The writing was on the wall well and truly then..the fact the Club was still bending over backwards to re-sign these guys showed how clueless we were..Until Cleary's Laws arrived that is...
what happened 12 months ago? we offered moses a contract but he only wanted a 12 month contract? or something along those lines?

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:19 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:17 am
Geo. wrote:

what happened 12 months ago? we offered moses a contract but he only wanted a 12 month contract? or something along those lines?
Brooks and Moses both had options in there favour for 2017
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:29 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:16 am
And that excuses his behaviour?

Cue the retention failure statement again.
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:31 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:29 am
Tiger Watto wrote:

Next Year will happen one year ;)

supercoach
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:31 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:19 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:17 am
Geo. wrote:

Brooks and Moses both had options in there favour for 2017

Yes and they both rejected extensions as they wanted their football to attract demand. As it turned out, Brooks demand diminished and Moses had his contract pulled when they decide Teddy and Woods was the clubs priority.

I have no problems with any of them taking up offers elsewhere, thats all part of the NRL, but if your contracted till the end of 2017 you put in a 100% till your contract expires or you gain a release. Moses should have been dragged up in front of the NRL for tanking. In my books no different to Simonia, yet the press are all over him as being the wonder boy.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:43 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:31 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:29 am
Tiger Watto wrote:

Next Year will happen one year ;)
Haven't seen much success in my 32 years, what's another?

Fuerza en la adversidad.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 114 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:53 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
We'll have to work for it.... Unlike mitch

jirskyr
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 87 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:55 pm

So how did Moses produce 2 try assists in 10 at Tigers but 14 in 13 at Eels? Well it's easy, as barra said, he's a fairweather footballer and he stopped dogging it when he went to Eels and his career was genuinely at risk. Also Corey Norman got injured and Slimey became their only recognised half. Also Parra have a fundamentally superior roster to the Tigers at the moment and their only really performance penalty for substantially and intentionally circumventing the salary cap was losing Paulo, Peats and a banged-up Foran.

Maybe "less is more" and Moses, despite touching the ball less in the last month, has managed 4 try assists. Also Corey Norman came back. Also leaving out the shock loss to the Knights where Moses put in a horrible performance.

Jason Taylor tried to make Slimey play structure, which he rebelled against, but BA wants the same. Well clearly the coach was right and Slimey needed someone tougher than JT to enforce the plan. Also Slimey appeared to think that if he kicked up a stink he'd get things his way, and he found out quickly that would not be the case, and that other clubs would treat him the same.

James Tedesco chimed in. Well Tedesco is still dumb enough to think you can say whatever you think in the media and nobody will care, so long as it's honest platitudes. No James, you can support your mate in private but in public very many Tigers supporters are still upset at how Slimey managed himself in 2017. We hoped he would fail, it would have made everything easier, but the fact that he isn't failing just reinforces what a heartless, flat-tracker Slimey is, and that when Parra need him most he will probably fall apart and quit.

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 1:24 pm

The media seem very quick to talk Mitch up when he does anything half decent, whilst skipping over some of the crap he delivers.

He will play origin soon, appears to be a chosen one.

Return to “National Rugby League”