Mitch Moses is swimming with the tide at Eels after a fresh start

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
der Tiger

Re: Mitch Moses is swimming with the tide at Eels after a fresh start

Unread post by der Tiger » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 1:57 pm

:? Earlier in the year, when it looked increasingly likely the Tigers would be fighting to avoid the spoon than competing for a top eight berth, Tedesco, Brooks and Moses organised a trip to Melbourne with a punters club in September.

Ummmmmmmmm when did Moses go? Round 8 maybe? If these clowns organised a trip during finals time after round 8ish then I want an investigation and Brooks sacked ASAP

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 1:58 pm

They left out the "PEP" in the heading!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

gallagher
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by gallagher » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 1:59 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 1:24 pm
The media seem very quick to talk Mitch up when he does anything half decent, whilst skipping over some of the crap he delivers.

He will play origin soon, appears to be a chosen one.
True. They put 50 on the Bronx but he made only 55m, no line breaks and no try assists.
How does a hall back and so little influence?

Fade To Black
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 3:14 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:16 am
Maybe 'NEXT YEAR' we will play Finals like Mitch?
If only it was as gutless and mercenary for Tigers supporters to jump ship and head to what looked like greener pastures when things weren't looking rosy and we didn't get what we want.........hello Alien.
Moses the tapeworm dog will get what is coming to him on the field very soon, and it won't be a premiership. Karma is on it's way.

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tigerap » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:16 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:05 am
I remember when Moses took up the extension in his favour for 2017..the tweets between Gus and Politis ..then Isaac Moses stating "We'll leave Mitchell at the Tigers to develop'...

The writing was on the wall well and truly then..the fact the Club was still bending over backwards to re-sign these guys showed how clueless we were..Until Cleary's Laws arrived that is...
That's right, remember the hoops Brooks and Moses made the club jump through before committing to the 1 yr option for 2017 in their favour...In hindsight we should have seen the smoke....and told them both to POQ

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:22 pm

stalling tactics for salary cap review, everybody else would have wanted a long term commitment. by delaying for this year by one, could then sign to the new cap and get a better deal.

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:30 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:22 pm
stalling tactics for salary cap review, everybody else would have wanted a long term commitment. by delaying for this year by one, could then sign to the new cap and get a better deal.
No, you just sign the contract and then demand the club re-negotiate or release you, mush like the RLPA man of integrity James Maloney

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:33 pm

I guess this is true, but clubs are opportunistic

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 4:34 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:55 pm
So how did Moses produce 2 try assists in 10 at Tigers but 14 in 13 at Eels? Well it's easy, as barra said, he's a fairweather footballer and he stopped dogging it when he went to Eels and his career was genuinely at risk. Also Corey Norman got injured and Slimey became their only recognised half. Also Parra have a fundamentally superior roster to the Tigers at the moment and their only really performance penalty for substantially and intentionally circumventing the salary cap was losing Paulo, Peats and a banged-up Foran.

Maybe "less is more" and Moses, despite touching the ball less in the last month, has managed 4 try assists. Also Corey Norman came back. Also leaving out the shock loss to the Knights where Moses put in a horrible performance.

Jason Taylor tried to make Slimey play structure, which he rebelled against, but BA wants the same. Well clearly the coach was right and Slimey needed someone tougher than JT to enforce the plan. Also Slimey appeared to think that if he kicked up a stink he'd get things his way, and he found out quickly that would not be the case, and that other clubs would treat him the same.

James Tedesco chimed in. Well Tedesco is still dumb enough to think you can say whatever you think in the media and nobody will care, so long as it's honest platitudes. No James, you can support your mate in private but in public very many Tigers supporters are still upset at how Slimey managed himself in 2017. We hoped he would fail, it would have made everything easier, but the fact that he isn't failing just reinforces what a heartless, flat-tracker Slimey is, and that when Parra need him most he will probably fall apart and quit.
Yep, he's basically in a team that's collectively performing well, and catering to him in all facets - defensive support, attacking support off his plays etc. so of course he was going to do well. This article describing him as Hayne Mk.2 is ridiculous.. The Eels would be just as good without him I'd say (so long as Gutherson wasn't injured).

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 3:14 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:16 am
Maybe 'NEXT YEAR' we will play Finals like Mitch?
If only it was as gutless and mercenary for Tigers supporters to jump ship and head to what looked like greener pastures when things weren't looking rosy and we didn't get what we want.........hello Alien.
Moses the tapeworm dog will get what is coming to him on the field very soon, and it won't be a premiership. Karma is on it's way.
God i hope you are right

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 119 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 6:35 pm

Grade A maggot. A man child. A glory hound. A pea heart.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by clokan » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 7:47 pm

Harvey wrote:
The media seem very quick to talk Mitch up when he does anything half decent, whilst skipping over some of the crap he delivers.

I'm sure most QLD's would relish this

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:10 pm

What I can't understand throughout all this that Moses was A Parramatta Junior that the club saw little potential, Uncle Benny got him a gig at the Tigers where in a pretty good Mathews & Ball sides made him look like a Superstar.
From there I think his ego got out of control, personally I hope he chokes in the FINALS!.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:37 pm

clokan wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 7:47 pm
Harvey wrote:

I'm sure most QLD's would relish this
He's a long long way away from Origin, with quite a few ahead off him in the pecking order.

But I never thought I'd ever say it, but I was wrong about him as a player, ( he still reminds me of a spoilt Pommy Private school snob ) when he is in a team with some real forwards to work off.
He's playing a lot better and more consistent than he was here. . He was crap with us but is doing ok with Parra . He learnt nothing under Taylor, But Origin is still a fantasy as far as he's concerned. It's a different kettle of fish.
Still can't stand him .

shane2801
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by shane2801 » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:57 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:05 pm
Quick, drain the water
Lets see what happens to the cry baby Moses...

Id rather see him drown.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

TIGER
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by TIGER » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:02 pm

Say what you want about Moses he's still a better player than Brooks, IMO we should of got rid of both of them.

diedpretty
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:23 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:22 am
I couldn't live with myself knowing I'd let my team mates down.... However sadly it appears some of his mates seem to think this behaviour is acceptable these days.
Im convinced many players have lost touch with reality - not all eg: Naiqama, Hodkinson etc
Yea but he didn't really let his teamates down Ink according to the article. " Tigers fans criticised Moses for this perception he stopped trying in his final weeks at the club." So it was only how us nobodies perceived it to be not how it really was - that makes me feel so much better.

mightymagpie
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mightymagpie » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 1:22 am

der Tiger wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 1:57 pm
:? Earlier in the year, when it looked increasingly likely the Tigers would be fighting to avoid the spoon than competing for a top eight berth, Tedesco, Brooks and Moses organised a trip to Melbourne with a punters club in September.

Ummmmmmmmm when did Moses go? Round 8 maybe? If these clowns organised a trip during finals time after round 8ish then I want an investigation and Brooks sacked ASAP
Yeah I thought the same thing. Disgraceful attitude. It's one thing for fans to give up on a season when things go pear shaped so early on but these blokes are paid to perform regardless of where they're off to in the future.

I seem to recall when Parra sacked their coach a fair few years ago and JT took over - might also be Hayne's first year in NRL, didn't they make the finals that year?

So for our guys to give up at that stage was atrocious.

This article says a lot about these blokes. Good riddance to Moses and Teddy. Very good and potentially great players but we can do without those attitudes around our club. As for Brooks I hope 2018 is his year. Otherwise he can follow his mates out the door.

Return to “National Rugby League”