Penrith salary cap rumour

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15934
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Penrith salary cap rumour

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 5:43 pm

It was only ever going to be a short term thing. The amount of quality outside backs that they had this year on the books was staggering. Consider spine players as well even after letting TMM go.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 7:14 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 5:33 pm
Furious1 wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 4:33 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 3:18 pm
Moylan is not coming to Wests.
Do you know where he is headed ?
No, all I have been told is that he is not going anywhere.
Fair enough. I was told this morning he would be gone on Monday. Not saying he will be with us but I'd be stunned based on what I've been told if he remains with Penrith beyond this year.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15934
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:55 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 7:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 5:33 pm
Furious1 wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 4:33 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 3:18 pm
Moylan is not coming to Wests.
Do you know where he is headed ?
No, all I have been told is that he is not going anywhere.
Fair enough. I was told this morning he would be gone on Monday. Not saying he will be with us but I'd be stunned based on what I've been told if he remains with Penrith beyond this year.
Could be foxing for all I know.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18532
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:01 pm

I've heard from a few different people who know him that believe Moylan is a total douche. I wouldn't be surprised regarding any rumour being linked to him.

voice of reason
Member
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by voice of reason » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:01 pm
I've heard from a few different people who know him that believe Moylan is a total douche.
I've heard from lots of people who don't know him that he's a total douche. He comes across in the media as narcissistic and arrogant - I'm not sure that's the sort of 'personality' we need at the club. I'd be happy if we pass.
Suffering supporter since 1967


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:27 pm

voice of reason wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:01 pm
I've heard from a few different people who know him that believe Moylan is a total douche.
I've heard from lots of people who don't know him that he's a total douche. He comes across in the media as narcissistic and arrogant - I'm not sure that's the sort of 'personality' we need at the club. I'd be happy if we pass.
I'd be confident that Cleary would be aware of his personality.

Erdas14
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun 10 Sep, 2017 1:30 am

Unread post by Erdas14 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 1:32 am

Roar Power wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 4:49 pm
I can see the reason this might eventuate.

1. Penrith want Nathan Cleary long term. Two halves on massive coin will hinder retaining plenty of the other guys
2. We have the cash and can also provide transfers CDG Moylan a long term contract
3. We have the ability to move Reynolds to hooker, giving a spine of Lolohea, Moylan, Brooks and Reynolds - a good mix of youth and experience

Likely won't happen but I wouldn't discount it totally.
Yes i agree with you

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 1:02 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:27 pm
voice of reason wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:01 pm
I've heard from a few different people who know him that believe Moylan is a total douche.
I've heard from lots of people who don't know him that he's a total douche. He comes across in the media as narcissistic and arrogant - I'm not sure that's the sort of 'personality' we need at the club. I'd be happy if we pass.
I'd be confident that Cleary would be aware of his personality.
Very confident, since he has stated often that he knows him well and likes him a lot. Sometimes shy people come across as aloof and arrogant when in fact they are really just shy and introverted. I guess it's a lesson to us all to not judge a book by its cover.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:12 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 1:02 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:27 pm
voice of reason wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:01 pm
I've heard from a few different people who know him that believe Moylan is a total douche.
I've heard from lots of people who don't know him that he's a total douche. He comes across in the media as narcissistic and arrogant - I'm not sure that's the sort of 'personality' we need at the club. I'd be happy if we pass.
I'd be confident that Cleary would be aware of his personality.
Very confident, since he has stated often that he knows him well and likes him a lot. Sometimes shy people come across as aloof and arrogant when in fact they are really just shy and introverted. I guess it's a lesson to us all to not judge a book by its cover.
If Moylan is narcissistic, arrogant, douche, aloof etc.- Then what is Hayne?

voice of reason
Member
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by voice of reason » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:23 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:12 pm
If Moylan is narcissistic, arrogant, douche, aloof etc.- Then what is Hayne?
Worse.
Suffering supporter since 1967

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:14 pm

Erdas14 wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 1:32 am
Roar Power wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 4:49 pm
I can see the reason this might eventuate.

1. Penrith want Nathan Cleary long term. Two halves on massive coin will hinder retaining plenty of the other guys
2. We have the cash and can also provide transfers CDG Moylan a long term contract
3. We have the ability to move Reynolds to hooker, giving a spine of Lolohea, Moylan, Brooks and Reynolds - a good mix of youth and experience

Likely won't happen but I wouldn't discount it totally.
Yes i agree with you
Reynolds will not want to,play hooker

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:14 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:01 pm
I've heard from a few different people who know him that believe Moylan is a total douche. I wouldn't be surprised regarding any rumour being linked to him.
Also heard he is dumb as.....

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1597
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 1:29 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:12 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 1:02 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:27 pm
voice of reason wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm

I've heard from lots of people who don't know him that he's a total douche. He comes across in the media as narcissistic and arrogant - I'm not sure that's the sort of 'personality' we need at the club. I'd be happy if we pass.
I'd be confident that Cleary would be aware of his personality.
Very confident, since he has stated often that he knows him well and likes him a lot. Sometimes shy people come across as aloof and arrogant when in fact they are really just shy and introverted. I guess it's a lesson to us all to not judge a book by its cover.
If Moylan is narcissistic, arrogant, douche, aloof etc.- Then what is Hayne?
God or so he believes.

Post Reply

Return to “National Rugby League”