Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: Souths Verses Eels contains spoilers

Unread post by Russell » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 12:51 pm

Masterton wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:18 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:42 am
Another vent from me. In all my life of watching footy, I've never seen one single commentator ever single out a player for being a grub. Last Kenmy Edwards, being his usual douchebag self was getting stuck into Rabbitohs players after they dropped the ball, and typical Joey, laughing like a pre teen girl says " he's energetic isn't he Kenny"
Edwards is the grubbiest player in the NRL by a ways. I hate to admit, I think I'd cheer if he got his jaw broken.

As for Moses, I think teams are going to realise: if you target him in defence, he will go quiet in attack.
I don't know about the grubbiest, but he is at least on par with McGuire.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 3:17 pm

Mole just tweeted Souths set to dump Michael Maguire for 2018.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tigerdon
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 3:24 pm

Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 5:55 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 12:51 pm
Masterton wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:18 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:42 am
Another vent from me. In all my life of watching footy, I've never seen one single commentator ever single out a player for being a grub. Last Kenmy Edwards, being his usual douchebag self was getting stuck into Rabbitohs players after they dropped the ball, and typical Joey, laughing like a pre teen girl says " he's energetic isn't he Kenny"
Edwards is the grubbiest player in the NRL by a ways. I hate to admit, I think I'd cheer if he got his jaw broken.

As for Moses, I think teams are going to realise: if you target him in defence, he will go quiet in attack.
I don't know about the grubbiest, but he is at least on par with McGuire.
I think he is more cat than grub. He takes dives, fakes injuries, verbally niggles and likes to be third man in. Really dislike the way he carries on.

colmcd
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 6:04 pm

A little soon but probably necessary. Souths haven't done anything since winning the grand final and I believe all the players took a cut to be there.

This means Neil Henry is a free agent and it wouldn't surprise me if the Warriors or Gold Coast pinch Michael Maguire. Looks like Madge and Des will be coaching next year.

gallagher
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 6:14 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 6:04 pm
A little soon but probably necessary. Souths haven't done anything since winning the grand final and I believe all the players took a cut to be there.

This means Neil Henry is a free agent and it wouldn't surprise me if the Warriors or Gold Coast pinch Michael Maguire. Looks like Madge and Des will be coaching next year.
Had to happen , theyve very ordinary for the squad they have. He'd be good at the coast.

wmlmaster

Unread post by wmlmaster » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:24 pm

Can we add this one to Robbie's list of coaches he has got rid off? he is truely a coach killer

colmcd
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 10:01 am

wmlmaster wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:24 pm
Can we add this one to Robbie's list of coaches he has got rid off? he is truely a coach killer
Probably not. Souths performance hasn't really changed from 2016 to 2017. I don't think Robbie has any real pull at Souths. Maybe the club does not like his signing or felt that they would get more from his signing. Really though he is only one player and doesn't have the pull like he would have at the tigers (IMHO which he kept Teddy and others at the Tigers for longer).

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 5:38 am

wmlmaster wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:24 pm
What unjust slander and libel we have here! He tried his heart out every game, brokes shocking nil scores when he came on late, as far as we know never got involved by scheming etc. yet he is being blamed for a coach's demise. He got universal praise for his game against the Eels that is what this thread is supposed to be on about.

Control your unnecessary nastiness it is not good for the board or yourself.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:27 am

Haha like clockwork... He didn't even have to bait the hook.

It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 10:39 am

CB, I don't mind and appreciate your response but fairness is supposed to be an Aussie characteristic. Plus why clear cut unnecessary libel that is wrong???
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 265 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 10:45 am

I dunno Byron..Where there's smoke or so the saying goes...you'll find an arsonist...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 10:55 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 10:45 am
I dunno Byron..Where there's smoke or so the saying goes...you'll find an arsonist...
Except in Byron Bay you would find a hippy tuning in and dropping out.

Look how when the guy when dropped to reserves at WT he set up four tries in one game - what does Mitch do when still in first grade? Exactly the opposite. JT and Maguire both lost out due to cricket scores against their teams - nothing to do with probably the hardest worker in the pack in both teams. Take their hate elsewhere is that too much to ask. (Hope you dont close the thread).

Return to “National Rugby League”