NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
kafta
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Souths Verses Eels contains spoilers

Unread post by kafta » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:46 pm
That would be exactly what Arthur wouldve wanted a week out from semis, a tough grinding ugly win...especially after they score 50 the week before
Would he be happy it was over the Rabbitohs ISP squad.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:00 pm

kafta wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:50 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:46 pm
That would be exactly what Arthur wouldve wanted a week out from semis, a tough grinding ugly win...especially after they score 50 the week before
Would he be happy it was over the Rabbitohs ISP squad.
yeh

gallagher
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by gallagher » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:30 pm

Last week slimey fart made 55m, no try assists and no line breaks. This week 49m, no try assists and no line breaks.
It seems the honeymoon period is over. I'm sure Ennis, Gaz and the rest of the fox crew will realise it next year some time.
I just went back a further week. 45m , no line breaks and 1 try assist.
Last edited by gallagher on Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:31 pm

thought the game was really well reffed.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

dazza65
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:34 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:30 pm
Last week slimey fart made 55m, no try assists and no line breaks. This week 49m, no try assists and no line breaks.
Yep, and believe it or not there are some still on here saying he's a future origin player!
Origin player my ass....
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:39 pm

Was talking to my son before the game saying Moses has talent but no heart. Once it gets tough he will be nowhere. Tonight, against a injury riddled 13th place team it got a little tough ..... Moses was nowhere. Didn't take on the line once. Absolute peaheart.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 4:05 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:31 pm
I thought the refs were hopeless, some pretty horrible decisions favoured the Eels. Refs weren't gonna let Parra lose that game. We see it every year, it seems like the NRL loves to give a charmed run to a club that hasn't won a comp in a long time.
Semi Radradra makes an absolute mess of a play the ball, yet Parra get the penalty. The offside call on Goodwin, denying him a try, was also very questionable IMO.

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:12 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 4:05 am
tig_prmz wrote:
I thought the refs were hopeless, some pretty horrible decisions favoured the Eels. Refs weren't gonna let Parra lose that game. We see it every year, it seems like the NRL loves to give a charmed run to a club that hasn't won a comp in a long time.
Semi Radradra makes an absolute mess of a play the ball, yet Parra get the penalty. The offside call on Goodwin, denying him a try, was also very questionable IMO.
Yeah there was one passage where they got two penalty calls wrong in a row - both of which favoured Parra (the first was the one where South got penalised for dragging a Parra player out who had received the ball in an offside position). As usual some blatant forward passes were missed as well, although Souths scored directly off one of those...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:21 am

Apart from one repeat set, his kicking game was on par with everything else he's dished up in his career. Tom Burgess' don't argue that sent him flying five feet was funny too. It still does my head in how it's all forgotten in the media and by the commentators who are totally ignorant to his behaviour prior to him leaving here. Makes my stomach churn. An absolute coward of a person. I'll be seeing my uncle next weekend whose a Parra fan who will no doubt be reminding me of Moses, and when I point out his behaviour with us, he'll snort in contempt and tell me he was badly treated. Yeah right. Hopefully I can see him off the back of the Storm putting 30 past Parra. That will make the conversation a bit more bearable.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:29 am

He kicks a goal before
halftime... Rabs: "good boy"
Puke

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:42 am

Another vent from me. In all my life of watching footy, I've never seen one single commentator ever single out a player for being a grub. Last Kenmy Edwards, being his usual douchebag self was getting stuck into Rabbitohs players after they dropped the ball, and typical Joey, laughing like a pre teen girl says " he's energetic isn't he Kenny"

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:48 am

I thought parra did well to win in spite of Moses. He was his usual ordinary game with a couple of OK moments.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:13 am

No doubt Storm will have been watching game last night.
They'll target Moses in defence, and shut him down in attack.
Then we will see how Moses steps up and plays....
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:16 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 8:42 am
Another vent from me. In all my life of watching footy, I've never seen one single commentator ever single out a player for being a grub. Last Kenmy Edwards, being his usual douchebag self was getting stuck into Rabbitohs players after they dropped the ball, and typical Joey, laughing like a pre teen girl says " he's energetic isn't he Kenny"
Then Kenny dropped one later himself...

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:18 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Edwards is the grubbiest player in the NRL by a ways. I hate to admit, I think I'd cheer if he got his jaw broken.

As for Moses, I think teams are going to realise: if you target him in defence, he will go quiet in attack.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:52 am

Masterton wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:18 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Edwards is the grubbiest player in the NRL by a ways. I hate to admit, I think I'd cheer if he got his jaw broken.
Would definitely and unashamedly enjoy watching Kenny cop his whack- he is quickly closing in on the mantle of the game's biggest knobhead. It seems all of his pathetic acts, such as smashing opponents lying on the ground, running 40 metres to shove a bloke in the back after an error etc are always let go by the officials, it's a shame that punching has been outlawed or else he would of been put on his backside by someone taking offence to his continued cheap shots.
Also have to chuckle how he makes sure he rearranges his hair after every tackle. He's a dead set tosser.

gallagher
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 12:02 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:52 am
Masterton wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:18 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Would definitely and unashamedly enjoy watching Kenny cop his whack- he is quickly closing in on the mantle of the game's biggest knobhead. It seems all of his pathetic acts, such as smashing opponents lying on the ground, running 40 metres to shove a bloke in the back after an error etc are always let go by the officials, it's a shame that punching has been outlawed or else he would of been put on his backside by someone taking offence to his continued cheap shots.
Also have to chuckle how he makes sure he rearranges his hair after every tackle. He's a dead set tosser.
His 'tough guy' antics seemed to come about after they outlawed punching. Biggest grub in the game.

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 12:42 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
What game were you watching.

There were countless bad decisions, as usual.

Return to “National Rugby League”